Keep your heart inside your chest

Same Difference [HIATUS]

Keep your heart inside your chest

Author POV

 

"Hyoyeon-ah, you shouldn't have stayed up until 3 in the morning, or you would have had a nice sleep and would have been able to be alert enough to concentrate in school later." Taeyeon was in the bathroom getting ready to brush her teeth with Hyoyeon, who had practically pitchblack circles under her eyes.

"But that anime was so good and every episode ended on a cliffhanger so I couldn't help myself." It was hard to hear what Hyoyeon was saying with full of toothpaste, so Taeyeon chuckled.

"You know, sometimes you truly are hopeless." The two besties smiled at each other. Even though they were both very different they were somehow inseparable. Whenever they fought it only took a few hours until they couldn't stand it anymore and ended up calling each other, meeting up and hugging while sobbing their eyes out.

"We should hurry, so Minho doesn't have to wait for us too long." Taeyeon said while starting to brush her teeth. Hyoyeons mood quickly changed after Taeyeons words got into her brain.

*Minho. Waiting. For me to tell him how I feel? Well obviously he isn't waiting because he doesn't even know, so maybe I'm the one waiting. Waiting for my courage to tell him, knowing that he doesn't feel the same way. No, I can't tell him. I don't want to ruin our friendship.* Hyoyeon was in her own world, thinking about the same thing she thinks about many times every day. She always comes to the same conclusion, but has a hard time accepting the reality. She has feelings for her best friend Minho, whom she has known since childhood. It was first during the teen years that Hyoyeon developed these kinds of feelings for Minho, and since then she can't stand it.

Taeyeon looked at Hyoyeon curiously, seeing that she was thinking about something that frustrated her and made her a little sad. You see, Taeyeon had no clue that Hyoyeon had feelings for Minho, because even though it was very difficult for Hyoyeon to have these feelings, she was still pretty good at hiding them.

"Hyoyeon-ah, are you alright?" Taeyeon asked carefully, not knowing what kind of response she would get. Hyoyeon snapped out of it and looked with surprised eyes at her bestie.

"Y-yah, I'm just tired!" Hyoyeon said raising her voice a little trying to sound frustrated and exhausted. Taeyeon believed her and they both resumed brushing their teeth.

 

Meanwhile at Vs house:

"Yah, Jungkookie!! Wake up, we're gonna be late for school if we don't hurry! Sooyoung noona is coming back today and if she finds out I skipped, she'll beat me!" V was shaking Jungkook as much as he could, but when he said 'Sooyoung', Jungkook opened his eyes and staired at V.

"See, you don't wanna get in trouble either, do you?" V said with a proud yet understanding look on his face.

"Exactly..." Jungkook said looking away, trying to think what he should wear for Sooyoungs return. Because when Sooyoung comes back home to Korea she always visits the school to greet people and check so her little brother V doesn't bother anyone who doesn't want to be bothered. But the truth wasn't that Jungkook was just scared to get scolded, he infact had a crush on Sooyoung since childhood, so he was nervous.

V stood up and went to the closet, taking out the clothes he was gonna wear. He looked back at Jungkook who was nervously looking at the clothes he wore yesterday, since those were the only clothes he decided to bring. V smirked and threw a black tank top, which said 'BTS', over to Jungkook. He also threw him a pare of military-green pants. Jungkook gave him a quick half-smile and started undressing. Vs phone started ringing saying 'V oppa, you have a message!'. Jungkook gave Vs back a judging look and V could feel it in his spine. The phone wrang a couple more times, saying it got a message, and finally V checked.

"Another girl, huh?" Jungkook sighed.

"Maaaybe..." V gave Jungkook an aegyo smile, which made him cringe.

"Why do you keep messing around with all these girls, what's the point? In the end you only have more people hating you." Jungkook put the tank top on. V chuckled, locking his phone.

"Well, what can I say, I just can't keep myself away." V said with a proud smile.

"That's nothing to be proud of. Girls can't be trusted!" Jungkook said, making him freeze and stare into the wall.

"Hyung! Not all girls are the same!" V pleaded, but Jungkook just shook his head and said "Whatever..."

V gave up, once again. His phone started ringing, but this time someone was calling him. He picked up his phone.

"Oh! Noona!" V was surprised. Jungkooks eyes widened a bit, looking at V.

"Hey noona, why are you calling?... Oh, already? So you'll be here in about 1 hour and 30 minutes, huh?... Of course I'm going, I'm getting ready right now!... Ok, bye, see ya at school noona!" V hung up. Jungkook was looking at him the whole time.

"Eh, is something wrong?" V looked at him confused. Jungkook shook his head and chuckled a bit.

"Nah, why would anything be wrong?" Jungkook took his phone up and checked for new messages.

"I dunno, you just looked startled." V shrugged.

"U-uh, I was just trying to figure out which Kpop song your ringtone was, hehe..." Jungkook smiled nervously.

"Ooookay..." V slowly went to pack his bag and didn't think much more about Jungkooks behavior. Soon they were both ready to get to school

 

Back at Hyoyeons place:

Hyoyeon POV

I took a last look in the mirror before deciding that I was good to go. I was wearing a white t-shirt with a red plaid button-up shirt over, ripped light blue jeans and black converse. My short boyish hair looked a mess, since I hadn't styled it since I woke up, but I kind of liked it.

"You tomboy hipster!" Taeyeon chuckled, coming out of the bathroom. She was wearing a cute floral dress and a denim jacket on top. She also had a thin leather belt around her waist and matching ballerina flats. I looked at her, and rolled my eyes, but I didn't really mind her calling me that.

"You girly girl!" I said in the same tone, copying her. She just did a little ballerina spin and opened the door. I followed right behind her. Minho was waiting outside.

"Hey! I was actually kind of getting worried that something had happened." Minho looked at us, smiling and then we all started walking.

"Yeah, sorry about that. It was a little bit of a challenge to get Hyoyeon out of bed, since she fell asleep at 3 a.m." Taeyeon complained. I rolled my eyes, which made Minho chuckle. It actually kind of hurt in my chest when he chuckled, and I hated that feeling. Hated it.

"Omo! Look, a cute cat!" Taeyeon yelled, pointing to the other side of the street. Both Minho and I turned our heads. "Aww, it's so adorable!!" Taeyeon was practically dying beside us. It made us laugh, so I didn't watch my step and tripped on a branch that was laying on the ground. But Minho, with his ninja reflexes, of course caught me. He held me tightly in his arms and when I realized where I was and what was going on, I felt butterflies in my stomach. Both Taeyeon and Minho were lightly laughing at/with me, but I quess mostly at me, because I wasn't laughing. Being so close to his chest and face made me blush.

"You okay, Hyoyeon-ah?" Minho asked, smiling at me. I quickly pushed him away from me. He looked at me, kind of shocked because of my reaction.

"H-hehe. I'm fine, dude! I can always count on you I quess!" I tried to laugh a little, but I'm pretty sure it sounded just as fake as it was.

"Dude!?" Taeyeon looked at me as if I was crazy. Minho chuckled a little.

"Wow, I didn't think you'd be that startled from tripping a little." Minho said, brushing fake-dust off of his shoulders.

*That's not why I was startled though. I wish it was. I wish you were right.* I thought to myself. The three of us just continued walking to school as if nothing happened, which it probably was nothing to them, but for me it was almost the end. I can't ever get that close to them noticing again. Even though it gets harder to hide it, every day, I can't let that happen again.

 

Meanwhile where V and Jungkook were walking:

Jungkook POV

"Aah, I love 'wear-whatever-you-want-week'. Finally we get to escape those uniforms!" V exclaimed while smiling up at the sky. I looked at him, wondering how he can be so pleased from the most simple thing. He's such a simple person in general, atleast he seems to be. He got another message on his phone, which slightly startled him but quickly put a smile on his face. A girl, I guess. All I can do is hope that it's atleast the same one from this morning.

"Really?" I looked at him, disappointed. He nervously chuckled at me, so I lightly punched the side of his arm.

"These girls seriously can't be that long without me, though." He smiled at his phone. I slightly chuckled, but I tried to be quiet, since I didn't want him to notice.

We were by the school-gates at this point and I spotted Suzy. I looked at V, but he was stuck on his phone. We got closer and closer to her but V just wouldn't look up. So finally I quietly said "Now might be a good time for you to listen to me and put that phone away." He looked at me confused, but he did as I said, surprisingly, and that's when he looked up and saw Suzy too. But it was too late. At the exact same moment Suzy saw him aswell.

"Omg, it's that rat!" Suzy exclaimed pointing at him, which made all of the girls in her gang turn their heads to our direction. I heard a loud gasp coming from V.

"Get him!" Suzy yelled, and her gang started coming at us. We started running. Since those snobby rich girls were all wearing high heels and mini-skirts, we got away easily.

"How come you always get in trouble with the worst people, V!? Seriously?" I complained when we had stopped behind a corner inside the school.

"Hehe! I guess it's a really bad and annoying habit... but thrilling!" V said acting like some kind of crazy movie character. We started laughing, playfully hitting each other a little. And that's when she walked in... Sooyoung!

"Omo! Noona!" V exclaimed, a little bit shocked.

"Hi Taehyung and Jungkook! So if I heard you correctly, you've gotten into trouble again." Sooyoung said, looking at us suspiciously. I was kind of in shock, so I just stood there, feeling tickling in my belly.

"N-no. No! It's fine sis, it's fine!" V said nervously. "Didn't you say 1 hour and 30 minutes though? It's only been hardly an hour!"

"Well, it went quicker than I thought. Anyways, shouldn't you guys be joining class?" Sooyoung said, coming closer. I automaticly stood upstraight and litely bowed my head. "Yeah, you're right Sooyoung." I said. She smiled at me and V gleared at me.

"Well go on then!" she said, waving here hands showing us that we should leave for class now.

V and I turned around and started walking. V grunted with disappointment. I looked at him confused.

"How come you're always so nice to noona and mean to me? I'm your best friend, not her!" He exclaimed. I quickly turned my head.

"I was afraid of being scolded of course!" I lied. He shrugged and we just kept walking to our lockers.

 

With Hyoyeon and Taeyeon:

Hyoyeon POV

Thankfully Taeyeon and I had our lockers right next to each other. It would give us extra time to hang during short recesses when all you would have time to do is go to you locker and get the right books.

"Isn't it so interesting though? During 'wear-whatever-you-want-week' you learn so much more about people just by looking at them." Taeyeon said while looking around the hallway. I nodded my head in agreement.

"You get to learn that I'm a lazy bum who doesn't sleep at night or fix my hair when I wake up." I said jokingly. She giggled.

We walked into the classroom and sat down by our assigned desks.

"Aww, V oppa is so cute! He replies to practically all of my texts! What if he finally decides to stick to one girl and that girl being me!" I overheard a girl squeeling, from the other side of the classroom. Oh yeah, Sooyoungs younger brother Taehyung, or V I mean. I promised myself that I would secretly look out for V for Sooyoungs sake, since she helped me when I spilled my smoothie on some snobby girls shirt at the mall once, even though she didn't know me at all. She literally paid the rich girl for the damage, even when I tried to stop her. After that she became like a noona to me and I owe her, so that's why I decided to secretly keep an eye on V, knowing that he's a miscievous playboy (kind of). 

I looked over at Taeyeon, who was hanging out with one of our (mostly her) friends, Lee Soonkyu, but everybody called her Sunny, because of her cute and bubbly personality. Suddenly Sunny looked at the books on my table. The look became confused.

"Hey Hyoyeon-ah, are you supposed to have other books than us to class?" Sunny asked. I looked down on my desk and realized that I had taken the wrong books.

"Aish, seriously!" I exclaimed. "I'll be right back. Oh and thanks Sunny!" She nodded at me with her cute smile. I picked the books up and started walking to the door, but I wasn't paying attention so I accidentaly, slightly tripped on the side of the door, which caused me to drop my books. With my luck of course the books landed right in front of Suzys' feet which caused her to trip and land on the floor. The hallway was completely empty except for me, her and her gang. I heard the door close behind me.

"Omo! I'm so sorry! It was my fault, please forgive me!" I pleaded. She looked at me, shocked.

"Forgive you? Ha!" she said while getting up. "Well atleast you're right about one thing, it was your fault. So you should be the one who pays for it, right?" Ha, what did she mean pay for it? Literaly nothing on her broke or was even dirty.

"Pay for what?" I said, unconsiously bringing out my tough attitude, which I shouldn't have done. Her eyes widened at me.

"Girls.... get her!"

 

 

 

..........

Hey guys! So this is the complete chapter 1 'Keep your heart inside your chest'! I hope you enjoyed! I know it may not seem like it yet, but this is a Hyoyeon x Jungkook fanfic. I just don't want to rush it. Please leave feedback or ideas in the comments! :D <3