Keeping It Cool

My Name Is Haruka

Chapter 7

"Why did I tell him that...?" Haruka asked himself as he walked out of the agency building. His eyes hurt. He hated when he was like that; so weak and vulnerable... He gave everything away. Yet, he felt kind of okay... Scratch that. He felt good, like a heavy wieght has been taken off his heart. He had longed for that feeling, but he couldn't find someone he could trust..

No! Haruka shook his head violently. He was not going to make the same mistake twice. Trusting people was not an option. He was just here for some time... Right...?

"Misashi, wait!" he turned around to see Hyunseong running to him, grabbing his arm before he could walk away. He stopped to breathe. "We... Want you.. To come with us... Back home..."

"You mean to your home...?"

"No, I mean to join us on the ride back home."

"Oh..." Haruka sighed. "I don't think it's a good idea..."

"Aw, come on." he said, smiling at Haruka goofily. "Why would that be a bad idea? I wanted to talk to you for some time." he added.

"I... I'm not sure..." 

"Do I have to beg...?" Hyunseong shook his head. "Come on, let's go. We are already out here, so let's go." he dragged him outside, pushing him into the backseat of the van. 

"Why are you late?" the manager asked as soon as the two were seated.

"Manager-nim!" Hyunseong laughed nervously. "I didn't know you have been waiting for long..."

"It doesn't matter... You are leaving early, anyway..." the manager replied. Hyunseong turned to Haruka to say something, but he found him holding a book in his hand. Glancing into the book, he started giggling, then he laughed quietly. 

"What...?" Haruka glanced at him. Hyunseong pointed to the book. 

"Korean for kids.. Hihihi..." Haruka blushed and puffed his cheeks.

"Mou... I'm still learning..." he muttered, hiding his face behind the book. 

"If you need help, I'll gladly help you." the older offered. Haruka nodded lightly and focused on his book again.

"we're here."

"Sorry for being late." Minwoo said as soon as he got in. The rest got in as well. After getting seated, the ride back home started. Haruka could not focus on his book at all, for Hyunseong, each once in a while, poked his arm, and chuckled each time Haruka turned to him. Haruka didn't really mind. It almost made him smile, which was what Hyunseong really wanted, but he didn't. 

"Say, Misashi..." Youngmin said suddenly. "Will you come with us to the concert? you know, since you are part of us and so..."

"I don't think so..." Haruka replied calmly.

"Why?" Minwoo pouted. "I really want you to come with us."

"I don't have enough time..."

"Does that mean that you'll come with us if you are free?" Kwangmin asked.

"No." He huffed at Haruka's blank answer. Hyunseong snickered.

"I have a good idea." he spoke. 'Since Misashi is one of us," he said, ignoring Haruka's half-glare at him. "He will stay over for the night."

"No." Haruka glared at him.

"Hmm... what do you think, guys...?

"I don't mind." Jeongmin said.

"Neither do I." Agreed Donghyun.

"I don't know... Our room is a mess..." Minwoo sighed. 

"Nah, It will be fine, right?" Hyunseong put one arm around Haruka's neck and ruffled his hair. Haruka groaned and shook his head. It was no use. These guys were unpredictable.

"I'm glad Haruka is coming with us." There goes Minwoo. Haruka, using his logic, thought it would be mean to let Minwoo's hopes down, again. 

'Just this time.... I'll agree... Just this time...' Haruka sighed deeply.

"Fine... I'll come along..." 

"You sound bored...That's not the spirit." Hyunseong said, raising an eyebrow.

"Whatever." Haruka mumbled, resting his head against his hand, closing his eyes. Those guys... They were wasting their time trying. He chuckled to himself. Who would have ever thought this day would come? A day when the Great HaruKaze would need help...


"Here we are! Welcome to our lovely and modest dorm!" Minwoo smiled as he pushed Haruka into the apatment. Earlier, he had attempted to run away, but Minwoo was faster. He and Hyunseong got a hold of haruka and dragged him all the way to their apartment. "Hyunseong-hyung1 Haruka says he's hungry."

"What?!"

"Don't listen to him. He is, but he's too shy to admit it." Minwoo gave Haruka a side smirk, which made Haruka glare at him in return.

"Okay then, I was going to make some Ramen for us, anyway." Hyunseong said. "I'll change first, then I'll start making dinner."

"Is this your backpack, Misashi?" Donghyun asked, holding up a dark blue backpack.

"Yes..." Haruka replied quietly. "It has my colthes and some stuff in it..."

"Oh, you're prepared! I'm impressed."

"I used to get caught in such situations before, so I'm always prepared for anything."

"Good," Minwoo said. 'Because I wouldn't have let you go get anything from you apartment as I know you might not come back." Haruka blinked, raising an eyebrow.

"I thank you for having so much faith in me." he said. 'You can now let go of me... My arms hurt."

"Oops. Sorry."

"It's fine." 

"Minwoo, take this to our room." Donghyun handed Minwoo Haruka's backpack. "And ask Jeongmin to be quick. The shower is not his property."

"Okay, hyung." Minwoo took the bag and left. Donghyun then turned to Haruka.

"Would you like to stay in my bed for the night?"

"What?"

"Why, you have to sleep somewhere, and it's not the sitting room." the leader reasoned.

"I'm fine without sleep." was the blank reply he got.

"Oh no, you are going to sleep. Rememeber what happened to you?" Haruka bit his lips and averted his gaze away.

"I don't want to cause any trouble."

"You will cause trouble if you don't sleep."

"But I-"

"Would you be fine with sharing a bed with someone you don't know well?" Haruka thought for a few seconds before shaking his head. "Then it's settled. You will sleep in my bed, and I can take care of myself."

"No."

"Why are you so stubborn?"

"..." Haruka stared at his feet for a while. "Sorry... senpai..." Donghyun sighed and patted Haruka's head.

"You should change, we'll discuss this later." Just then, Hyunseong came back.

"You two are still here?" He asked in disbelief. 

"We were just going now." Donghyun said as made his way to his room. "Misashi, you coming?" Haruka shook his head.

"I usually change before I go to sleep..." he said in his signature low one. After Donghyun left, he turned to Hyunseong, who was starting to get the ingerdients ready. "Do you need help, hyung...?"

"Sure. Thank you." They both started working. Hyunseong discovered Haruka's hidden cooking talent, or so he claimed. Though Haruka's cooking techniques were not perfect, his cutting skills were. Anything he cut was almost of the same size, cut into fine peices.

"You're good at this." Hyunseong smiled as he set the bowls for Ramen.

"Thank you..." Haruka mumbled shyly. "I live alone, so I got used to cooking."

"Someone taught you?"

"Hai... An old friend..." he replied. 

"I see. Haruka, will you please go call the twins? And make sure they are not fighting."

"hai." Haruka nodded and left to carry on with what he was going to do. It didn't take him much time find out which room was the twins'. The door was open, and he could seeYoungmin walking out of the room. That was enough, right? 

"Oh, Misashi." The older twin smiled. "Need something?"

"Hyonsyon-san asked me to get you and Kuwanmin." Haruka replied. Kwangmin, who was just walking out of his room when haruka spoke, started giggling quietly. 'What...?"

"You say my name in a funny way..." he said.

"Your name is funny..." Haruka replied.

"You are not accquainted with Korean very well, are you?"  Youngmin said. Haruka mumbled a small 'no' and shook his head. The three returned to the sitting room where, magically, Minwoo, Donghyun, Jeongmin and Hyunseong were waiting for them.

"When did you.. Never mind..." Kwangmin mumbled as the three got settled round the coffee table. Haruka, much to his luck, was sitting on the couch next to Minwoo, who handed him some chopsticks eagerly. Haruka took them calmly and sighed. 

"Ittadakimasu..." he said quietly before picking up his bowl. The others started eating. "Oishii da..."

"Glad you like it." Hyunseong said. "You helped too, you know."

"Yeah, thank you, Haruka." Minwoo smiled. Haruka blushed and nodded, focusing on his food than the others.

"Ne, we didn't give Haruka a nickname, right?" Jeongmin asked.

"No..." Hyunseong thought of it a bit more before shaking his head. "No we didn't."

"We should give him one, you know." Youngmin said. 'It would make him feel welcomed, right?" Haruka shrugged.

"Why would I need one?"  

"To be one of us." Donghyun said with a grin. "Now... What should we call you...?"

"Neko." Hyunseong suggested.

"Sounds fitting." Kwangmin nodded.

"And why do you think so?" Haruka raised an eyebrow. 

"You're eyes look like a cat's." Hyunseong said. 

"Your fangs look sharp too." Minwoo added. "It sounds nice."

"No." Haruka puffed his cheeks.

"Then..." Jeongmin trailed off. "How about Little Sister?" Haruka choked on the food he was eating and swallowed with difficulty.

"Excuse me?"

"You look a little feminine...Or.. a lot..." Jeongmin said with a light laugh. Donghyun reached out to pinch Haruka's cheeks.

"Little sister." he laughed. Haruka pouted and placed his empty bowl down, folding his arms.

"Mou..." he puffed his cheeks.

'See, you do look like a little girl!" Jeongmin pointed.

"A grumpy one too." Minwoo laughed. Haruka couldn't glare at both of them at the same time, but he wished he could. 

"I don't like that nickname." he protested, turning away from them. Hyunseong got up from his seat and walked over to Haruka, pinching both of his cheeks and stretcheing them into a smile.

"Hmm..." he looked at Haruka closely before exclaiming. "I got it. What about Stitch?"

"...Stitch...?"

"Yup! I don't know why, but most of the time, Stitch comes to my mind when I see you."

"You mean I'm blue?" Hyunseong just laughed.

"Don't thinktoo much about it, or would you like to be called our little sister?" he grinned.

"Stitch is fine." Haruka replied quickly.

"Stitch it is, then." Donghyun exclaimed. "Youngmin, it's your turn to wash the dishes. Misashi, come with me. You'll sleep in my place for the night."

"Where will you sleep, hyung?"

"Jeongmin will sleep next to you, Minwoo. I'll sleep in his bed." Jeongmin stared at him with an open mouth.

"You can't do that."

"Watch me." Donghyun led Haruka to their room, and while Haruka showered, the three discussed where Haruka would sleep.

"Let Haruka share a bed with me." Minwoo pouted.

"I doubt you would let him sleep. And you bed is too small." Donghyun said calmly.

"He wouldn't let you leave your bed." Jeongmin reasoned.

"I know. I tried to discuss the idea of sharing with him.." the leader trailed off. 

"Who wouldn't want to sleep next to you, hyung?" Minwoo said in a casual tone then paused. "Wait... let me rephrase that..." Jeongmin held back his laughter, while Donghyun gave the youngest a weird look. "It's not what you think!" Donghyun shook his head as Minwoo climbed into his bed, hiding under the covers to hide his embarrassed face. Soon after, Haruka walked in, drying his hair with his very personal towel. His hair, now wet, was all down. It was framing his make-up free, naturally pale face. And he was dressed in dark blue pj's. His appearance further stressed the idea of 'Little Sister' in Jeongmin's head. Minwoo peeked at Haruka before smiling.

"Kawaii Haruka." he said, making Haruka blush.

"A-arigatou gozaimasu..." he mumbled. Jeongmin climbed onto the upper bunk and got beneath the covers. Haruka watched him and chuckled quietly. 'Bunk beds... I have a very nice memory with those..."

"I sense sarcasm." Jeongmin laughed.

"Ture." Haruka replied. Before he could do anything, Donghyun pushed him to his bed. "Hey..!"

"It's settled. You will sleep here." he said. Haruka looked up at him and was about to protest. "No objections, Stitch." Haruka huffed and folded his arms. Donghyun got onto the bed next to him, keeping a distance between both of them. 

"I have one question for you..." Haruka mumbled.

"Yes?"

"When did you turn off the lights?"

"Uh...."

"Never mind..." Haruka yawned and his side so that he was facing Donghyun. "Don't laugh...." He hugged the older's arm and put his own thumb in his mouth. "Don't laugh, I said." Haruka mumbled. Donghyun nodded, holding back his laughter. In a few minutes, Haruka was asleep. Donghyun patted his head gently and smiled.

"Goodnight, Stitch."