The Little Girl In Black

My Name Is Haruka

Chapter 10

"Haruka left again... That's not fair..." Hyunseong sighed as they all left the changing rooms, ready to go home. They had spent more time than they did in the past few days, but they needed this. The concert was one day away. While Minwoo was plotting how to get those photos from Haruka, the five decided, after asking for permission, to go grab some ice-cream.

"Too bad, Haruka missed a nice chance." Donghyun chuckled.

"I wonder what his face would look like when he finds out we didn't ask him." Jeongmin smirked. "Yo, Minwoo. Pick up your pace, man!" The youngest idol broke out of his daze and ran after them.

"Sorry..." he mumbled.

"Come on, we are going to be late." Youngmin and Kwangmin were already waiting for them in the van. After the rest climbed in, they took off to the ice-cream shop. As soon as they arrived, they dashed out of the van. No time to be wasted, it was almost 10 p.m. Kwangmin would have followed the others, if it wasn't for a sight that caught his eyes.

A small figure, clad in black, was peeking through the windows of a nearby shop. From the shoes, he could tell it was a little girl, about 4 years old, judging by the height. He couldn't see anything else that he could actually define that little child with. It seemed that the girl saw him, for she swiftly, like a black cat, hid in the shadows before Kwangmin could even see her. He walked into the shop and sat where the five where seated.

"Where were you?" Hyunseong asked. "We have already made an order for you."

"I saw something strange." the younger twin spoke. "A little girl was passing by, peeking through the windows of the shop nearby. When she saw me, she ran away. I wanted to ask her what she was looking for, but I didn't get the chance."

"Well, maybe she was scared." Jeongmin suggested. Their ice-cream arrived, and Minwoo wasted no time. "Why would you think it's strange, ne?"

"Well, from her small body, I think she is no older than four years." the rapper said. 

"Three?" Youngmin inquired. Recieving a nod for his brother, he went on. 'Why would such a young girl wander off on her own?"

"I don't know, but she was looking around frantically, as if she was keeping away from something."

"Maybe she ran away from home." Donghyun said.

"Yeah..." Kwangmin mumbled. His eyes lifted up a little to see the same girl from before looking through the window. She disappeared as quickly as she did before. Kwangmin wasn't the only one who saw that, but Youngmin did too.

"Is that her?" he asked his brother, who nodded.

"Who's who, Youngmin?"

"I saw that girl. Wait here." he got out of his seat and walked out of the shop. Just as he did, the girl, who was hiding beneath the window, started running away. Sadly, she tripped over her own feet, which had Youngmin worried. He knelt down beside her and picked her up. She was very light for her age, and her body was so thin. She squirmed to get away from the older idol, but his grip was keeping her weak body from doing so.

"Let go!" she exclaimed in her small voice constantly hitting Youngmin's arms.

"Hey, I'm not gonna hurt you." Beneath the cloak she was wearing, she was wearing a pair of shorts, and her knee was scraped from her fall. "You can't possibly walk away with.... This..." he trailed off. The girl stared at him for a while, but her black hair prevented him from seeing her eyes. She reached out and touched his face with her small hands.

"Really...? So you won't take me back to the mean woman...?" Youngmin didn't really know what she was talking about, but to reassure her, he shook his head.

"No. I won't." he said. She took her hands away. "I'm sleepy..." she yawned. Youngmin held her close as stood up just as the others left the shop.

"I didn't know you were a fast eater, Youngmin." Hyunseong noted then noticed the girl. "Who is she?"

"I don't know, but I presume she has no where to stay at. Let's take her back with us." he suggested.

"Okay, she is your responsiblity, then" Donghyun agreed. "Now, let's go. Manager-nim is going to kill us."

"Or bomb us." Minwoo shrugged. "Who knows?" They all mounted the van. Youngmin sat with the girl half-asleep in his arms. From time to time, she would grab his hand and play with his fingers, or hum a tune in her sweet sleepy voice. Youngmin was almost falling asleep too, if it wasn't for the sudden shake Jeongmin gave him.

"Come on, we're here." he said. Youngmin held the girl steady as he got off, holding her so she wouldn't fall off while he was half asleep. The girl was looking around excitedly, giggling to herself. As soon as they reached the apartment, she dashed in, forgetting about he injured knee. 

"Wheeeeee!!!!" she ran around, careful not to bump into anyone or break anything. "Nice homie~" she giggled.

"Weren't you sleepy momnets ago?" Youngmin chuckled, picking her up.

"I am." she giggled. Youngmin took her to his room and put her on Hyunseong's bed.

"Wait here, I'm going to change." he said, taking his clothes along to the bathroom. He wasn't gone for long, only 15 minutes, but when he came out, the little girl was fast asleep. He sat next to her and smiled gently.

"That cloak must be too heavy for her..." he thought outloud as he proceeded to take the cloak off. After he removed it, he couldn't believe what he saw. "I can't believe this..." The girl was pale, had long black hair, and was in a weak condition. Apart from that, it was almost like a small version of Haruka was lying in front of him, asleep and injured. "Can it be... This girl...?"  he picked her up and tucked her into his bed. "I have to tell the others about this..." And he did.

"Really?!" Minwoo beamed.

"Yes. She looks like him. There is no mistake." Youngmin nodded.

"Maybe it's a coincidence." Donghyun suggested. 

"Haruka would know." Minwoo said. "Haruka would be her father. He would know for sure." His words definitely made sense. It was too late to go to Haruka now. He would be probably asleep. Oh wait. "We can go to Haruka now. He told me he doesn't sleep when he's alone." 

"But what about the girl? She is very tired." Youngmin said. "Let's take her with us tomorrow. Haruka would be there." Minwoo pouted. It was the perfect chance to see Haruka's apartment, and to probably get rid of his camera. 

"Okay." Then he yawned. "Let's go to sleep now." the others nodded and got ready to sleep. Youngmin took off the girl's shoes and socks, put them aside and climbed into the bed next to her. She was breathing calmly with a smile drawn on her face. He smiled and closed his eyes, drifting slowly to sleep. It wasn't for long, though. three hours later, he woke up to a gentle shake. He opened his eyes to see the little girl shaking him.

"Gomen..." she whispered. "I...I'm thirsty... But I can't reach the water tap..." she said shyly, fiddling with his fingers. Youngmin rubbed his eyes sleepily and hummed, getting out of his bed. The little girl took his hand and walked along side him to the kitchen. He filled a glass of water and handed it to her. The girl sipped on the water for sometime like a kitten, before she was done. She handed the glass back to Youngmin, who put the glass away.

"You must be hungry." he said, getting out a packet of cookies he was hiding. The girl smiled on the sight, but shook her head. 

"I-I don't want to trouble you..." She said, but Youngmin handed the packet to her.

"No, you need to eat something." he said. 

"...Okay..." she slowly opened the packet, eating a mini-cookie. She thanked Youngmin and offered him one, which he took gladly. The little girl and the idol went to the living room, where they just sat there. The girl, as she mentioned, didn't want to go back to bed as she was still eating, saying she was taught not to eat in bedrooms. Youngmin sat beside her, watching her as she nibbled on the sweet treat, offering him some every once in a while. 

"Say, why were you wandering around the streets like that?" he asked suddenly. "It's dangerous, you know? And you are too young. Where are your parents?" The girl put the packet down and stared at her feet.

"I don't know... Don't remember my mother... And my father... I remember I was asleep, and when I woke up, I was in a place I didn't know." she spoke softly. "I haven't seen any of them. An old woman brought me here with her. I ran away after we left the airport." she said. 

"I see..." He nodded, patting her head. "You speak Korean well."

"One of my father's friends taught me." she laughed cutely. "He treated me well... You sound like him, you know." she looked up at Youngmin and squinted. "Though I'm not sure you look like him.."

"You can't see well?"

"Yes... My eyes are weak, a trait passed down my family." she giggled. "I heard my father's sight wasn't really good, but I'm not sure. Kuro-ouji-san said he was pretending it, though." then she leaned against Youngmin, hugging his waist. "I like you." she smiled, burying her face into his side. "You are not like other people... They chased me away... None offered to help me... But you took me in." Youngmin smiled and wrapped his arms around her small body. 

"Would you like to go back to bed?" he asked, patting her back. She nodded faintly. He picked her up and went back to his room. He put her in and laid down beside her, when something came to his mind. "Hey, I never got your name." she looked at him then laughed quietly. 

"Sorry.. My name is Little Ruki..." she smiled sweetly. Youngmin was now sure. Her smile was just a copy of Haruka's smile. "Goodnight, Mr. Blondie." she gave him a sweet kiss on the cheek and hugged him, drifting to sleep. Youngmin hugged her close and fell asleep as well. He just couldn't wait till Haruka and Ruki met. Little did he know what surprise was waiting for them the next day...