We Can Still Be Friends

My Name Is Haruka

Chapter 4

Youngmin woke up the next day, feeling tired and stressed. For the whole night, he couldn't stop thinking about what he said to Haruka. He had to admit he was rude, but Haruka was too! It wasn't entirely his fault. Yet, could his words be the reason Haruka is so hostile towards him? Minwoo and Haruka are friends. That means Haruka is not a bad person, right? He is on good terms with Minwoo. There was definitely a way to get to him. That's it. He was going to Minwoo for help. So, on their way to the agency, he asked him.

"Getting close to Haruka?" Minwoo tapped his chin in thought. "I really don't know. I just spoke to him."

"Spoke to him?" 

"Yes. He was the one who befriended me, not the other way around." Minwoo smiled. "I think he was just too aloof and distant, but he's really a kind person." 

"Say, Minwoo..."

"Yes, hyung?"

"Do you think he would accept my apology?" Youngmin asked in an unsure tone. "I have lost my temper last night. I don't know if-"

"Give it a try, hyung. It won't hurt, right?" Youngmin just nodded, staring out of the window. He laughed mockingly to himself.

'Hurt is a small word...'

Much to Youngmin's dismay, Haruka didn't attend their practice. In fact, they didn't even see him since they arrived. Their manager said that he had seen him, but only briefly. The idol has not mentioned anything about where he was going. Youngmin thought of looking for him after the first practice session. And he did, but still he couldn't find Haruka. What he didn't know was what Haruka was avoiding him on purpose.

The black-haired idol couldn't help but feel bad after what he did last night. He clearly needed some help. And that's why he went to Donghyun. After making sure only Donghyun was in the practice room, he approached him.

"Donhyon-san..." the leader stopped whatever he was doing and turned to Haruka.

"Where have you been? Minwoo was worried." he said. Haruka lowered his head and muttered a quiet apology."Youngmin was looking for you... Did something happen yesterday?" he added, seeing the expression Haruka's face wore. There was definitely something wrong.

"I...I want to talk to you about something..." Haruka said after a moment of silence and hesitation. He sat where he usually did during practice, fiddling with his fingers nervously. "It's about Youngmin..."

"What about him?" Donghyun took a seat next to Haruka. 

"Yesterday, when he spoke to me, I... I yelled at him..." Haruka sighed, eyes fixed on his lap. "He was just asking me if I was okay but... I couldn't trust him..."

"So," Donghyun spoke. "since he has been cold towards you, you couldn't trust his intentions, even though you know he meant good, right?" Donghyun's ability of reading through Haruka's eyes was amazing. Haruka was in a loss of words. It was only at times like this when he would speak his heart out, and Donghyun made it even easier.

"Yes... That's it..." he muttered. Donghyun rested his head on his hands.

"Would you believe me?" he said after thinking.

"..un.."

"He wants you to give him a chance..." The leader said. "I heard him talking to Minwoo on our way here."

"He...he did?" the young man asked in suprise.

"Yeah. That's why he was looking for you. To clear up the misunderstandings between the two of you." Haruka just stayed silent. Donghyun went on. "Youngmin is a very kind person, but he can lose his temper at times. He doesn't mean it, though."

"So, when he... When he said  I wansn't welcomed here... He didn't mean it...?" Haruka asked with hopeful look in his eyes. 

"Of course not! You are now one of us." Donghyun smiled, messing Haruka's hair. "And..." He leaned in a whispered with a light smirk. "It's nice to have someone who can dance as good as me..." Haruka blushed.

"You... You saw that...?!" he exclaimed.

"Yes." the younger idol fiddled with his fingers and stared at the ground.

"I-I see..."

"You're really good, you know?"

"I am...?"

"Yes." he smiled. "May I ask you something?"

"...Y-yes...?"

"Were those notes about my dance moves?"

"..."

"?"

"Do I have to answer that?" Donghyun laughed lightly and shook his head.

"No. Not now, we can discuss this later. Right now, " he spoke in a serious tone. "I want you to go and apologize to Youngmin. I think that would work." Haruka nodded and stood up.

"Arigatou, senpai..." he bowed before leaving the room in a hurry. He had to find Youngmin, somewhere. Kwagmin would know, he thought. Luckily, he  stumbled upong the younger twin just as he was looking around the changing rooms.

"Oh, Misashi-san..." he, much to Haruka's surprise, smiled. "Are you feeling well today? Why didn't you come to practice?" Haruka felt flustered, and didn't know whether he sould just ask about Youngmin, or just jawdrop at Kwangmin. If he remembered well, the younger twin mentioned he didn't like Haruka. "Yo, Misashi-san.."

"Oh, s-sorry... Uh, have you seen Youngmin?" he boke out of his trance and spoke. Kwangmin shook his head.

"No, but I think he might be getting some soda. He was looking for you too." the brunette said, walking out of the room with Haruka following him. "I thought something happened to you. You didn't show up..."

"I'm sorry... I... didn't think anyone would worry about me..." Haruka said quietly. Kwangmin patted his shoulder.

"Well, you were wrong." he said. "I admit I didn't like you at first, but now I can't see a good reason for doing so. I mean, you are a nice person, and you are friends with Minwoo. I don't need any other proof." 

"Kwanmin..." 

"Now, let's not waste time. You wanted to talk to Youngmin, didn't you?" He pointed to the practice room. "He has just went in. Go talk to him." Haruka thanked him and ran off straight to the practice room. His mind was set on one thing. He had to do it now, or his chance would be lost forever.

"Yonmin-san!" Haruka stopped for a minute to catch his breath. At the same moment, Youngmin left whatever he was doing and turned to him. It was his chance. He had to tell Haruka what he had wanted to say since that morning.

"I'm sorry about yesterday!" the both said at the same time, then paused to stare at each other in surprise. "You are?" they both asked again.

"Look, Haruka... I'm really sorry. Last night, I kept thinking about what i said to you. I was really mean to you." Youngmin explained in an apologetic tone.

"No, it was my fault all along. I.. I was just too full of myself that I didn't notice how rude I became." Haruka shook his head. "All I... All I wanted is to forget... To forget all about them..." he sqaid quietly, eyes cast down on the floor.

"Them...?"

"My.... My old band mates-" Haruka gasped in shock and clamped a hand over his mouth. He was not supposed to be telling this to anyone. He didn't want people to find out about his past life. "E-excuse me. I-I need to go!" he rushed out of the room before Youngmin could say anything. The tallest sighed and sat down. He wasn't even able to make a proper apology. Yet, he wondered what secret haruka was hiding. It seemed very important, as the young idol ceased talking as soon as he became aware of what he was talking about. He almost had him at a moment of weakness, but at the last moment, he slipped out of his grasp. Yet, there was one clue that aruka failed to hide, but Youngmin didn't fail to hear. 

"Band mates...?" he mused. "So Misashi was a member of a band before..." Then it came to him mind. This secret Haruka was about to tell... It may be the key to him... Only if...