Haruka's Nightmare Part Two

My Name Is Haruka

Chapter 12

As soon as they arrived at the hospital, they got the number of Haruka's room. Ruki was still with Youngmin, asleep. He didn't dare to wake her up, not until he knew Haruka was alright. The girl was going to finally see her father. It wouldn't be the best thing for her to see him in a bad condition, or so he thought of it. Upon arriving at the third floor, they headed straight to Haruka's room. Simon was there, talking to two nurses. After the two walked away, he turned to them.

"You are here... Good. I was hoping that Haruka's mood would lift up when he sees you." he said, taking off his glasses. "He woke up a few minutes ago, and suffers from some kind of trauma..."

"Is he okay?" Minwoo asked, half regretting his question. Simon sighed with difficulty and glanced at the papers in his hands.

"He has some broken ribs, several wounds, and his left eye is possibly blind, unless his nerves survived that hit." he said, reading through the records. "He has lost a lot of blood, but much to our luck...someone volunteered to donate the necessary amount..." he trailed off. Minwoo glanced at him, then at the door, then back at Simon. The doctor gave him a nod, and so, the young rapper went into the room quietly. Haruka was sitting up, and looked in terrible pain, both mental and physical. He seemed unaware of Minwoo's presence.

"Haruka..." He called, but got no answer. Haruka didn't even look up. So Minwoo took some steps till he was standing next to Haruka's bed. Haruka looked up at him; his eyes were filled with tears, and his left eye looked, thankfully, normal. It took no longer than several seconds before Haruka buried his face in his hands. 

"Minwoo... What's wrong with him...?" Jeongmin whispered. Minwoo shook his head.

"I don't know... He doesn't want to talk to me..." he replied. Donghyun walked to Haruka and  reached out to pat his shoulder, but Haruka slapped his hand away. 

"Haruka... What's wrong...?" he asked gently. Haruka just looked at him with eyes filled with sadness and despair. Sadly enough, Donghyun couldn't read through him. "Tell me..." Haruka, at this, buried his face in his hands once more. Simon walked in.

"I see you're able to sit up, Haruka..." he said with a sigh, walking over to Haruka's bed. "Did he speak to you?"

"No..." Hyunseong shook his head. "He didn't say a word..."

"Oh no... I'm afraid it really happened..." Simon glanced at haruka before turning back to his papers. 

"What are you talking about...?" Hyunseong asked with a worried tone.

"Haruka has..." the doctor paused, taking a deep breath. "...lost his voice...." he finished. Minwoo gasped and turned to Haruka at once, just to see him weeping over his loss. He slowly sat next to him and rubbed his back soothingly.

"Haruka... I didn't know..." he  whispered, pulling Haruka so that he was resting on his shoulder. "I'm really sorry..." Hyunseong joined him, patting Haruka's head gently. 

"How did this happen...?" Kwangmin asked, turning to Simon. The doctor shook his head.

"I don't know. I wasn't informed of any details." he said. "I think Haruka knows, but there is no way we can get out any information now..." he paused for a moment. "Unless... He's awake..."

"he?"

"Wait here." Simon instructed, walking out of the room. Youngmin, who had been standing there, holding Ruki, just watching Haruka's weeping figure, decided to make his move. He walked over to Haruka.

"Hey... I think I know someone who might cheer you up..." he smiled lightly, placing the sleeping Ruki in Haruka's arms. haruka stared at Ruki for a long while before looking up at yougmin, then looking back at Ruki. He couldn't believe his eyes. His long lost daughter was finally back to him. How did Youngmin find her, he cared naught. His misfortune was now forgotten, and all his remaining senses focused on the sleeping girl in his arms.

Much to his luck, she woke up. And he would have said it was like in the movies, but he had no voice. Ruki rubbed her eyes and looked up. With a small gasp of surprise. She stared at her holder for a while. She touched his face with her small hands and blinked.

"Is this...a dream...?" she mumbled with half-closed eyes. " Haruka smiled and hugged her tight, ignoring the horrible pain he felt in his chest. His happiness was stronger than that pain. "Otou-chan... You're okay..." she said after a while, snuggling into his embrace. He simply nodded, planting a gentle kiss on her forehead. The six idols couldn't help but smile at the sight. Well, Youngmin didn't smile, he was crying. Ruki glanced at him and tilted her head. "Youngmin-appa, why are you crying?" then she gasped dramatically. "Are we dead?"

"No..It's just..." he wiped away his tears. "...I'm happy for you..." Ruki giggled.

"Youngmin-appa is sensitive." she laughed. The tallest bent down and pecked her cheek quickly, making her blush and giggle quietly. Haruka, being a protective father, but in his own way, puffed his cheeks and glared at Youngmin.

"Aw, come on. It was just a peck." he said, but Haruka just kept glaring at him. It wasn't really a glare, but, well, it's Haruka.

"Haruka is being a father." Hyunseong laughed along with Donghyun, while Minwoo just chuckled. Haruka made an attempt to glare at them, but his mood was going down again. Each time he remembered he can no longer talk or sing, it made his heart break. It was quickly noticed by Hyunseong, who put his hand on Haruka's shoulder.

"Hey... It's not the end of the world..." Haruka gave him a betrayed look. "I know it meant a lot to you, but... Is it really worth killing yourself on the inside for it...?" The black-haired idol frowned and averted his gaze away from the vocalist.

"Let's discuss this later. We need to know what happened on that accident." Donghyun spoke, changing the touchy topic, which made Haruka a bit relieved, but the accident itself, as Haruka's worried eyes showed, held more to it than they saw.

"Good, then I'm on time." Simon, who had finally returned from wherever he was, walked in. 'I have brought a person who would most likely be able to successfully comunicate with Haruka here..." Then he stepped aside. "Come in." In walked a boy, an exact clone of Haruka, eyeing the people in the room with a smile on his face. Haruka's eyes met his, and immediately, Haruka turned away. The stranger's smile grew wider.

"Ohayou gozaimasu." he spoke. Though his voice was similar to Haruka's, his was a little deeper. "I'm Misashi Terumi, Haruka's twin brother." Well, that seemed to explain the resemblance he bore to the voicless idol. 

"Terumi, we need your help here..." Simon pulled his chair and sat down, putting on his glasses. "I have been informed that you have an incredible sense of telepathy with your brother here... Am I correct?"

"Yes sir." Terumi replied with a polite nod.

"Then you can probably read his thoughts?"

"Indeed, I can." 

"Perfect. I will ask Haruka some questions about the accident, you'll be his voice." 

"Are you sure this would work?" Minwoo asked, eyes travelling to terumi, who simply smiled and waved. 

"I'm not sure, but Terumi and Haruka share a special bond... all I can do is hope for the best." 

"Well then, let's start, shall we?" Terumi took a seat next to haruka in Hyuseong's place. Ruki has long climbed down off the bed. Terumi put his arm around Haruka's shoulder and smiled at him. "What do you say, little brother?" Haruka just turned away from him, refusing to look him in the eye.

"Haruka... Please, forget about the past, just this time... We need Terumi's help..." Haruka sighed silently and nodded. "Good. Now, from your facial expressions, I can tell this...accident.. has more to it than I see, correct?" Haruka didn't move for a few seconds before he nodded slowly. "So it wasn't just an accident then?"

"Haruka knows the driver who hit him." Terumi spoke, shocking the people in the room, except for Haruka. "He has been expecting something to happen to him, but not a car accident, to be exact." he added, and Haruka just nodded.

"And why would you be expecting such a thing?"

"Haruka was being threatened." Terumi quickly replied. "He was told not to go to the concert, which was held today, and when he had shown he will not be obeying orders, they decided to stop him by force."

"They?" Kwangmin cut in. Terumi gasped and clamped his hand on his mouth, glancing at Haruka, who was leaning on him with his eyes fixed on his lap.

"Y-yes..." he sighed. "...Someone has been giving Haruka orders... Ever since Haruka joined you as a sub-member, he has been monitored." he explained. "Our... His manager is behind all this..."

"So," Simon leaned in a little. "You say his manager, though Haruka is now working with BOYFRIEND, kept Haruka under his control through commands?"

"Yes." The boy nodded. Simon stood straight and took off his glasses.

"That's enough for now." he announced. "Excuse me, I will have to leave now. Your visit time ends in 15 minutes." he left the room. Ruki glanced at her father, who was staring into space. She was about to climb up, but suddenly, two arms wrapped around her, lifting her and putting her on the bed next to her father. 

"Eh?" she turned around to see Jeongmin smiling at her. "Arigatou..." she smiled then turned to Haruka. "Now, otou-chan. Smile." haruka just glanced at her, but made no attempt to fullfil her wish. "Otou-chan." With a pout, she reached out and gently curved his lips into a smile. "You look better like that. Keep smiling." as soon as she let go, he frowned again And they kept going on and on. "Aw, come on!" she sighed. "Not because you have no voice that I would no longer like you." she puffed her cheeks. Haruka shook his head.

"It's not his voice." Terumi said. "It's me. I think he doesn't want me..."

"Huh? Why?" Youngmin asked. 

"After our band was disbanded, Haruka blamed me for that. It started by a fight we had together, and ended with HARUKANA Boyz no longer being active." he explained. "I wasn't really willing to fight, but Haruka had to be as stubborn as ever- ow!" Haruka punched him lightly. "Hey, it was just a kissing scene, nothing big." haruka gave him a 'Oh really?' look, raising an eyebrow.

"What scene?" Ruki asked with an innocent smile. Minwoo, Hyunseong and Donghyun seemed to be interested in knowing. Haruka wouldn't have spoken, but Terumi didn't mind.

"Our aborted film." he said. 'It was of a cliche love story between the good guy and the bad guy."

"Guy?"

"Yeah, that was why Haruka didn't like it?"

"Was Haruka.... The good guy...?" Minwoo asked.

"No, the bad one."

"Oh."

"And who was the good guy?" Jeongmin asked.

"Me, of course." Silence filled the room. 

"EWW!!!!!" Kwangmin, Minwoo and Ruki exclaimed at the same time. Haruka was blushing heavily, while Terumi just laughed.

"That was what Haruka said. I don't see a problem. It's just a film." Again, he received another punch. "Hey!"

"You're weird..." Donghyun mumbled.

"Well, it's a job. It means money. Money needs sacrifices- ow!" the third punch was made. "Haru-chan!~" Haruka just folded his arms. 

"Otou-chan wants to say that you are a creepy person." Ruki said, closing her eyes in satisfaction.

"I know. He had said that before... twice..." Haruka's twin laughed, planting a small kiss on Haruka's cheek. "But I know you are happy to see me, ne?" Haruka shook his head. "Eh? Haru-chan!~" Minwoo chuckled. 

"Well, other than the fact Haruka refuses to look at you, you seem pretty close..." Donghyun pointed. Terumi laughed a little.

"Yes... we are..." he pushed Haruka back and tucked him in. "There. you don't have to show off your ability to withstand immense pain. Your ribs won't heal that way." Haruka kept his arms folded, lips curved into a frown. "Now, come on. I didn't come all this way to see you frowning. It hurts me." he exclaimed dramatically. Haruka glanced at him and looked away again. 

"I believe we should leave now." Donghyun said. "Ruki will be staying with us, okay?"

"Can I, otou-chan?" she asked eagerly. Haruka noded weakly. "Arigatou!" she cheered, climbing onto Youngmin's arm. "Let's go, appa!" she smiled. Youngmin picked her up ruffled her hair.

"Ne, get better soon, Haruka." Minwoo smiled. 

"You'll come back to us again, ne?" Hyunseong patted his head. "Sleep tight."

"See you tomorrow, if we can come to see you." Jeongmin nodded. "Goodnight." they walked out. Terumi gave Haruka a small kiss on his forehead. 

"Haru, I'm sorry for anything I might have made that made you mad at me, but I really want our relationship to go back the way it was. Siblings shouldn't be that hostile, ne?" Haruka just sighed. Terumi smiled and caressed Haruka's hair. "I'll see you tomorrow. Oyasumi..." with that, he left. Haruka closed his eyes and rubbed his temples.

'What have I done...?' he thought, gritting his teeth. 'When would this nightmare end...?'