03

Choose your own destiny: Break up or Make up?

Chapter 3.
Alone.
[unedited]

--

You ran out of the restaurant without looking back. You couldn't bear looking at the man who had ripped your heart to pieces. Did he forget how much he meant to you, or was he just toying with your feelings?

"Ah!" You shrieked and scratched your knee on the ground. It was bleeding and you just sat there, crying. You couldn't hold back the tears anymore.

Compared to the physical pain, the emotional pain hurt even more.

"Jaeseob!" You bawled your heart out, drawing your knees to your chest.

Someone cleared his throat and you looked up. It was the guy who had scolded you for 'destroying' his clothes. He held out a white hanky.

"You look ugly when you cry." He pressed his lips together.

"T-Thank you." You took the hankerchief and blew your nose. He flinched and looked away.

After much crying, you looked at him with your puffy eyes. "I'm sorry for ruining your blazer.."

"It was my fault too." He admitted. His gaze travelled south and stopped at your leg. "You're bleeding!" He gasped.

"I fell." You gave a self-pitying smile and tried to stand up.

"I'll drive you home." Kevin offered and carried you bridal style to his white Maserati. "Where is your house?"

"Can you... take my to the beach?" You asked.

Soon, the car was speeding towards the beach where you had prepared the surprise.

You got out of the car, limping towards the sandy beach. The fireworks and sparklers were arranged in a heart shape. You smiled bitterly and walked inside the heart.

"Come." You gestured to Kevin, who was leaning against the door of his car. He made his way over and stood beside you.

He watched as you took out a lighter and lit the fireworks and sparklers. It was a beautiful sight.

You sat down on the soft, velvety sand after everything had ended. "Thank you." You leaned on his shoulder. "Just let me stay like this for a while."

And so, the two of you stayed in that position until sunrise.

The sky was painted a crimson red and reflected on the beautiful sea.

You took out your phone and snapped a picture. Under the caption, you wrote, 'The 1st day without you'. Kevin gazed at you sadly. *I apologize on behalf of Jaeseob, your heartbreaker, and my cousin.*

He stood up and headed to his car. He opened the trunk and dug out a first aid kit. "It might sting a little." He warned, disinfecting your wound.

You balled your hands and waited for the pain to vanish. It did, and he quickly bandaged it.

"Why are you so nice?" You blurted.

He didn't answer. *Because, AJ is my cousin..*

"Lets go." He said, making his way to the car. But he stopped and pulled out a something from his pocket. He unclenched his fist and a beautiful locket laid in his palm. "For you."

a. Take the locket!
b. Don't take it! Chapter 10.