01

Choose your own destiny: Break up or Make up?

Chapter 1
Destiny.
[unedited]

--

You were sitting opposite AJ, your gorgeous boyfriend in a posh restaurant. It was your 1 year anniversary and AJ suggested to celebrate outside.

You, of course, had a surprise for him too. After dinner, you would ask him to drive you to the beach where you would-

"Mirae, what would you like?" He asked. AJ was such a gentleman, he would open the car doors for you and put his hand protectively over your head to prevent you from hurting yourself. He would open the doors for you and say 'after you' and would drag the chairs out for you. He was perfect, completed with manners. Looking at him, you couldn't believe that he was yours.

"Erm, just a medium rare steak." You answered and closed the menu book.

"Sir?" The waiter asked after jotting down your order.

"A lobster salad and a rare steak. Please serve us a cup of orange juice and one mocha frappe. Thats all for now." He smiled and handed the book to him.

"Right away, sir."

"So.. Its our one year anniversary." You gazed at him lovingly.

"Yup. Listen-"

He was interrupted by the waiter who placed his drink on the table. "Enjoy."

"Yes?" You asked.

"I.. nothing." He didn't dare to look at you in the eye so he averted his gaze.

Your mocha frappe came at that awkward moment. You took a sip and scrunched your eyebrows. "Its too.. chocolaty." You made a face. "I'll ask them if they can add more coffee."

Just then, a femine- looking boy walked in your direction. You didn't see him and banged into him, spilling your drink on his white blazer.

"Yah! Are you blind? Aish!" He cursed and glared at you angrily. You trembled slightly. The blazer looked expensive.

"What's the matter?" AJ appeared beside you.

"I accidentally stained his clothes.." You muttered.

"Do you know how expensive this is?! You've messed with the wrong person today! Pay up!" He hissed.

"Is this enough?" AJ took a wad of cash out from his Louis Vuitton wallet and handed it to the guy.

 He nodded.

"Please don't scold my friend because of a piece of clothing. She didn't mean it. You should apologize." AJ said seriously.

"F-Friend?!" You asked, bewildered.

He turned to you. "Mirae, I'm sorry. Lets break up."

"B-But why?" You wrung your hands. "Did I do something wrong? Tell me, I can change-"

"I'm getting engaged. To the Park heiress." He said softly.

"So its about money." You whispered, shaking your head. "Of all people, I expected you to be less superficial and materialistic." You swallowed hard.

 

What would you do now?

a. Dump orange juice on him, then run back home to cry.
b. Run out of the restaurant and head over to the beach to 'celebrate' on your own.

Remember, your choices affect the ending! Choose wisely! ^^