Back Home

I Was Once By Your Side - Infinite Fanfic

For five years Hyejoo lived inside her Canadian bestfriend house, Kelly. She lived there with Kelly's family. A younger brother, mother, and father. The fact that Kelly's brother is actually have the same age as her brother, made her missed her family very much. 

Couple of huge suitcases were carried by Kelly's father. He carried the suitcases until they arrived in front of the gate. Kelly's family treated Hyejoo just like their own. They loved her very much. 

"Irene.. I'm going to miss you..", Kelly said, hugging her bestfriend that used to live under the same roof.

"I'll miss you too, Irene!", Kelly's brother said.

"We're all gonna miss you. Thank you so much for the happy memories. We'll keep that in our hearts.", Mrs. Cole said.

"I'm going to miss your family too, Mrs. Cole. Thank you for being so kind and taking care of me these past five years.", Hyejoo said, ending it with smiling.

"And Mr. Cole.. What should I say? You're such a great man. You took care of me just like you take care of your children. You treat me like your own daughter. Thank you so much, sir.", she continued.

"I'm the one who should thank you. Come over and visit us okay? You should bring your parents next time."

"Of course sir."

After saying their goodbyes, Hyejoo walked to the gate. She wiped her tears before looking at them for one last time. She wont forget the Cole family who were always be kind and caring for her. 

"Irene!", Kelly shouted.

"Huh?", she turned back.

"You forgot something. Here.", Kelly said.

"My memories box! Kelly, thank you."

"You should be going now. Bye!"

She waved at them. 

---

'Why cant I just find you? Its been four years. Four!", Sungjong thought to himself.

He gave up on his medical scholarship just to find her. He gave up his scholarship for nothing. He haven't found her yet? Or he wont? Its been four years. 

*KRRIINGGG*

His cellphone rang. Its his mother who called him.

"Oh, Eomma? Is there something wrong? You need anything?"

"Oh, Sungjong-ah.. Nothing.. I just, want to listen to my son's voice just for a while."

"Is that all? How's my dongsaeng? Is he okay? Abbeoji, he's okay right?"

"We're fine. Its just.. Jjong ah.. Its been four years. Why aren't you coming home huh? You haven't found her yet?"

"Hmm, Eomma. She's nowhere to be found. I'm all stuck with my head. I'm so mad with myself. Why can't i just find her? Where is she?"

"I'm so sorry, honey. Just come home, oh? We missed you so much. Jjong ah. No matter how much you need to talk to her, you still have to come home. Your family is here. Waiting for you to come home. Just come home, Jjong ah. Come home."

"Hmm, Eomma. I'll come home."

And that's how their conversation ended. A mother and son conversation ended just like that. Does he have to give up on her? Should he come home to his family?

Because he love his family very much, he took the next flight, early in the morning. A flight to come back home.

---3 Days Later---

"Eomma! Im going to catch some fresh air!", Hyejoo shouted from downstairs.

"Hmm. Come home before dinner okay?"

"Okay!", she said happily.

She haven't stop being such a hyper since she got home. Now that her homesick was cured, she's happier than ever. She misses her hometown. She missed shopping at the fish market with her mom. She missed the school that she used to study in. She missed the park that she used to come by every single day. She missed her family. She missed everything.

She went to the park. The park doesn't changed that much. The ice cream seller ahjussi still alive and well, selling his ice cream in the middle of hot weather. The mini waterfall thingy was still there, spraying cold water everywhere near the plants. The swing bench that she used to sat on with her Sungjongie, still at the same place also. 

She took out her wallet from her clutchbag. She went to the ice cream seller ahjussi and bought her favourite flavored ice cream. Yep. Melon flavored ice cream on top of the vanilla cone. 

"Wait a minute, agassi."

"Yes?"

"You're that girl who used to came here with a boy who loves chocolate chip ice cream that placed on top of the chocolate cone right?"

"Oh? How did you?", Hyejoo answered shockedly.

"Because you used to bought the same flavored ice cream that you just bought from me and then sit right there on that swing bench with the boy."

"You're right ahjussi! I'm that girl.", she said with a wide smile.

"But agassi.. I haven't seen that boy for a while. Is he okay?"

"Ah. I also dont know about that ahjussi."

The ahjussi haven't forgot anything about her. The way that she used to come here with her Sungjongie, sitting at the swing bench, and ate their ice cream together. 

She left the ahjussi after saying goodbye and thank you. She sat at the swing bench that she used to sat on with her Sungjongie. She was there, sitting while eating her ice cream. Alone. She looked next to her. She used to find her Sungjongie everytime she turns. But now, nothing. He wasn't there. 

'Sungjongie.. You okay right?', she thought to herself, looking to her left.

Hyejoo went to the library that located near the park. She came in and took some books from the cupboard. Its books about flowers and fruits.

After being at the library for hours, she realized the clock already strikes 5pm. 

'Oh ! I have to be home by 5.30!', she thought to herself.

She picked some books to borrow and then walked straight home. She didn't forget to say goodbye again to the ice cream seller ahjussi. 

"Eomma! I'm sorry I'm late!", she shouted, entering the house and slamming the door.

"Eish. How many times do I have to tell you to close the door nicely huh? This girl never change.. Her bad habits, seriously..", her mom mumbles.

She went to her room upstairs, slammed the door, throw her clutchbag to the bed, and quickly changed clothes. After that, she went downstairs to eat her dinner with her family except her dad. Her dad comes home by midnight. So yeah, no more dinner with daddy.

"Noona.", Joohyun called.

"Hmm wae?"

"Are you going to see Jjongie hyung again?"

"What? No. Why would I?"

Her mom who was sipping down the soup stopped and looked up to her. 

"Maybe you should.", sudden mom attack.

"Why? I don't want to."

"Oh come on, noona.."

"What's wrong with you two? No means no."

"Good. Now I will never feel hyung's love for me."

"I dont care. No means no."

She suddenly lost her appetite and went back to her room. She crawled to her fluffy bed and covered herself in blanket. 

'Aghhhh! Sungjong, Sungjong, Sungjong! When will these people stop saying his name ugh.', she shouted under her blanket.

A while later, she uncover herself from her blanket. Sungjong reminded her to her memories box. She took the box and crawled up to her bed. 

She opened the box. She took out every single thing that was located inside the box. She stared the polaroids one by one. She stared the things that he gave to her. The clutchbag that he promised was there, inside the box. She took it out and ped the clutchbag. Sungjong's 'thank you' letter was still there. She took out the letter, opened it, and reread it.

'To the childish Choi Hyejoo:

Hyejoo ya~ Thank you for creating a great and fun memories on my graduation party. Thanks for allowing me to take a memorable 'one shot' picture. I'm sorry I have to kiss your cheek that time. I was so hungry and suddenly your cheeks turned into mandu. Here you go. As promised. The clutchbag that you've always wanted. Because when I promised, I'll never, ever, ever, break that promise. Okay? That's all then :)

From your lemon candy, Sungjongie.'

Tears came down from her eyes to her cheeks. Her face became red because she cried so hard without creating any noise. She doesn't want anybody know that she's crying inside. 

There's another letter that Sungjong wrote for her. Its 'birthday letter' that he wrote for her. She took it out, opened it, and reread it.

'To the grown up Choi Hyejoo:

Happy birthday! I can't believe that you just turned 15! Because for me you're always the childish 13 year old girl that I used too teased after school. Now you're such a grown up. You rarely laugh to my badjokes and often angry when I tease you. But its okay. I could get through that. Here you go! Moringa flower scent mist as your birthday present. Because you wanted to be a perfumist that much. If you recreated a mist with the same scent, I think I'll say that you've succeed. Let's never leave each other without each other's permission. Okay? 

From your handsome prince, Sungjongie.'

She cried. Again and again. Its been an hour and she haven't stop crying. She continued to cry. She reached her big white bear doll that Sungjong gave to her when they when to the amusement park. She hugged it tightly. 

'Sungjongie.. I'm sorry.. I'm truly sorry..', words that cane from her deepest heart.

 

---

np: Infinite H - As Long As You're Not Crazy

This one is kinda long :D Sorry for making you all waiting~ I was so busy about school and just got time to update. Wait till the next chapter? Laff chu :*