Do I have To Meet You Again?

I Was Once By Your Side - Infinite Fanfic

"Lets go for a walk. Im in front of your house.", Sungjong's short message said.

She quickly change her clothes and went downstairs. Her brother caught her at the stairs. He's kinda curious because somehow she looked so pretty.

"Noona, where are you going?", he said, stopping his sister at the stairs.

"Out. Where's eomma?"

"Kitchen."

She went down to the kitchen to look for her mom. 

"Eomma! I'll come home before dinner okay?", she said and give her mom a kiss on her cheek.

"Arasso. Dont be late okay?"

"Of course. Love you, eomma!", she shouted after she reached the door.

She got out from her house and met him right in front of the door. She got all confused. He was standing there waiting for her. Why dont he just come inside while waiting? Hmm. Hyejoo became curious.

He's all amazed on how beautiful she was. He cant even think about anything but her. Wearing a navy blue sundress covered with white cardigan. Also that white pair of sneakers that accesorized her feet.  

"Why dont you come in while waiting? You must've been tired standing in front of the door waiting for me."

He took one step closer to her and lean his face to hers. Now their face only need a centimeter to bump to each other. She's all red while looking into his eyes. "I'll never get tired waiting for you, Choi Hyejoo.", his deepest heart said.

"So you worried about me?", he said then blinked and stand back straight.

"Wo-wo-worried my ! I was just.. Umm.. Forget it lets just go.", she said and started to walk.

"Bsh. Typical Hyejoo.", he chuckled and follow along.

---

They walked at the usual park that they used to go. They were just walking there, enjoying how nice the weather is. The wind blows, brushes their hair. The flowers were blooming and brighten up the park. 

"Ahh.. Today's weather is so nice. Dont you think?", she said with her typical bright smile at him.

"Hmm. Even nicer because I got to enjoy it with you.", he smiled back.

Look at her. Choi Hyejoo had fell for him for the second time. She's all gotten red because of his sweet words. Those sweet words that always comes out from a very kind and sweet boy, Lee Sungjong. A boy who always made Hyejoo's heart flutters.

"Go sit at the usual swing bench. I'll buy you ice cream. Wait okay?"

Hyejoo just nodded and do as he said. 

Moments later he's back with both hands busy holding ice cream cones.

"Here you go. Melon flavored ice cream on top of vanilla cone.", he said while handing her ice cream.

"You-you remember."

"Of course I do. Eat up, before it melts."

---

They walked aside each other. Just like old times, they thought. Hyejoo missed this moment. And the same thing also happened to Sungjong. He have been waiting for this moment to come from 4 years ago. Just right after she left him. Although he's still feeling a bit heartbroken, but he's happy that his Hyejoo is back.

"Its nice walking with you, Lee Sungjong.", she said and smiled to him.

"Its nice walking with you too, Choi Hyejoo.", he said it politely and smiled back. 

The way he said it politely made Hyejoo smiled and somehow the atmosphere just gotten all great. They were both smiling at each other, laughing with each other, and having fun with each other. 

But the atmosphere doesn't last long. Until a girl walked up to them. Kim Miyeon. The one that destroyed their friendship. Or relationship. Whatever they called it.

---FLASHBACK---

September 3rd, 2011. Its Sungjong's birthday. She's all excited preparing a surprise for him. She made the birthday cake by herself. She's also going to tell him about the scholarship. Should she go, or not. 

Hyejoo asked him to meet up at the usual park. She asked him to sit at the usual swing bench. 

She was all pretty with her white t-shirt covered with over sized yellow cardigan, black legging, white sneakers, and her black clutchbag that he gave her.

Hyejoo stick the candles in. She put 2 thin yellow candles to the lemon flavored cake. Her icing handwriting on the cake said "Happy Birthday, Sungjongie.". She lighted both candles and start to walked to the swing bench, where he waited for her. 

But right before Hyejoo call his name, Miyeon came and Sungjong stood up. Hyejoo hide behind the bushes that located behind the swing bench. From what she saw from Sungjong's back, Miyeon leaned to him and kissed him while Sungjong hold her left shoulder.

Hyejoo all broken. The cake fell from her hands without them knowing. The cake was all burnt because of the fire that light up the candles. She immediately run. Tears coming down from her eyes while she was running. She's all broken. How could that happened in front of her? Why did she have to suspect that with her own eyes? Why at that moment? And why her?

Why does it have to be Kim Miyeon? Hyejoo already think of Miyeon as her own sister. Eventhough Miyeon always stuck with Sungjong like dried candy, Hyejoo never bother because they really are good friends. But this? Hyejoo never expected this. 

---

That night, Sungjong texted her.

"Choi Hyejoo. Where are you? Why dont you come? You told me to meet you at the usual swing bench remember?"

Hyejoo's feelings just mixed up. She got no idea what to do. She's all broken. She crawled to her bed and covered jerself just like a burrito. She ignore his message and just cried. 

Hyejoo dont even came out from her room the next day. She was all depressed. She just keep herself locked inside her room eventhough her mom and brother tried to make her get out from the room. She doesn't eat for 2 days. Not even a spoon. 

3 days later she got out from her room and went to the park. She sat at that swing bench getting all confused. Should she go or not. If she's going, should she say goodbye or not.

Then suddenly it rains. Hyejoo dont care. She stayed there, sitting on a swing bench getting all wet. Still cant beliving and accept the fact that he kissed her. That .

Hyejoo stood up from the swing bench and started to walk slowly. Guess what? She met him accidentaly. Lee Sungjong. Both getting all wet standing in the middle of the rain. Both standing there frozen looking at each other. But then suddenly she walked to him and starts to yell.

"You-you bastard! Bad guy! You dont know how much painful it is to witness something like that huh? You dont even search for me or even come to my house to ask how did I do these days. You such a bullcrap. I hate you. I hate you so much Lee Sungjong!", she yelled while throwing her weak punches to him.

"What's wrong with you? I worried about you! I cant even reach you! You shut your phone off, how am I supposed to reach you?! I came to your house but your mom shut me out. How am I supposed to see you? Huh?!", he got all angry.

"What kind of bullcrap is this? Aish mwola!", she said inside her heart.

She left him there freezing because of the rain. She doesn't care about him anymore. She decided it by herself. She decided to go without saying goodbye. He wont search for her anyway. That's what she thought. 

---Present Day---

"Kim Miyeon.", he said.

"Oh Sungjong-ah, Hyejoo-ya. Where are you guys going?"

"I have to go home right now. Sorry.", she said it all straightly and left.

 

---

 

np: Astro - Innocent Love

Wtf this song is so addictive~ If you listen to the song while reading the flashback part, omg you probably just got goosebumps everywhere kekeke~ Anyways, how's this chapter? You guys like it? If you do, wait for chapter 7 patiently eo? Its going to reveal the truth about the past muahahah~ So dont forget to subsribe eo? Gomawo!