I Was The One

I Was Once By Your Side - Infinite Fanfic

--Flashback--

"Hyeddong.", Myungsoo called her name.

"Ya, Kim Myung! I've told you to not call me that!"

"Mian, mian. Here.", Myungsoo handed a bottle of her favorite yogurt.

"Gomawo.", she replied.

The breeze outside the school felt so romantic. "Too bad he's not here with me.", Hyejoo thought. At least there was that annoying friend. They sat at the staircase outside the school. She was sipping her yogurt when he began the conversation.

"Hyeddong."

"Argh. Wae?!", Hyejoo answered angrily. 

It seemed like she's not in the mood. She's usually fine with the nickname.

"Do you.. have someone in mind? Like I mean, someone you like?", Myungsoo asked.

"Hmm. I do.", she answered.

"This guy. That I promised I wont stop loving him till the end of my life. No matter how much I hate him though. I still cant stop thinking about him. What happened to him while Im not beside him. He misses me or not. He'll remember me if I come home, or not. Eventhough he hurt me that much I still feels bad leaving him just like that. Its just, I feel like he doesn't deserve it.", Hyejoo continued.

"Ah.. So the point is, you do.", he said, dissapointed.

"How about you, Kim Myung?", Hyejoo asked back.

"I, umm. This girl. She's so close to me. I like her so much, but she never realize it. No matter how close Im with her, she never did. Not even once. And currently she's having a crush on someone else.", Myungsoo answered.

"Oh. Poor you. Ckck.", she said while tapping his back. 

"Kajja! Class will start soon!", Myungsoo said, changing the topic.

Ever since Hyejoo came to school, Myungsoo never take his eyes off from her. He always thinks that she's so unique and adorable. Which are the reasons he likes her. But his heart felt so much pain right away. When she told him how much she like this guy, who is not him. Eventhough he was the one who asked about it. It feels like the end of the world is coming. Well at least that's how he felt about it.

--Present--

They enjoyed their coffee while talking to each other. 

"Ah.. So you come home for real?", Hyejoo asked.

"Yep. For real.", he answered.

Silence. It felt like they ran out of topic. "What should I say, what should I say..", Myungsoo thought to himself.

"By the way. How's you and that guy?", he asked.

"What guy? Oh! That guy! We're okay I guess.", Hyejoo said.

--KRINGG--

Hyejoo's phone suddenly rang. The caller ID showed Sungjong's name. Hyejoo pick it up right away.

"Wait a sec, Kim Myung.", she said.

"Oh. Pick it up.", Myungsoo said.

Myungsoo was so curious to whom she was talking to, somehow. His feelings never changes eh? Lets say so.

"Ne, Sungjong-ssi?", she said to the phone. 

"Mwo? Ssi?", Myungsoo thought. He was getting even more curious.

"Im at a cafè near Han River. Wae?"

"Han River? What are you doing? Its raining so hard out there pabo!", Sungjong said through the phone.

"Ya! No need to yell at me!", she nagged to the phone.

"Arasso, arasso. Are you there, alone?", he asked.

"No. Im with a friend. Wae?"

"Girl? Boy? Ya! You there with your 'boy' friend? Choi Hyejoo, dont you dare--", Sungjong said out loud until the comversation heard out through the phone

"Wae, wae, wae, mwo?! Are you, jealous? Oh gosh, Lee Sungjong. You seriously nagging because of jealousy?", Hyejoo said, giggles.

"Mwola, mwola. Just come home safely before dinner."

"Arasso. I'll hang up.", Hyejoo ended the conversation.

She went back to her seat and saw Myungsoo a bit irritated. Though she doesn't know the reason why he ended up looking like that. Oh well.

"So, that's him? Lee Sungjong?", Myungsoo asked.

"You probably need to call him hyung. He's definitely older than us."

---

At the other place at the same time, Sungjong was all confused and started to talk to himself. He went up to his room and shut the door. 

"MWO?! A 'boy' friend?! Well at least she should've said anything about going out with a 'boy' friend! Wait, wait. She's not seeing anyone right? She doesn't have a real boyfriend right? Arghhh! Im going crazy, seriously.", Sungjong said, ended up with a kick to the corner of his bed.

"ACKK!", he squeeled.

His mom and Seongyu were listening outside his room, sticking their ear to the door. They both look at each other few times getting confused. They also shook their heads because of Sungjong's unexpected behavior.

"I know that my hyung is crazy. But he's never been this insane.", Seongyu said to his mom.

"What are you guys doing here?", Mr. Lee said while copying what they were doing.

"Scared me to death-- Ah, yeobo! Keep it down!", Mrs. Lee said to her husband.

---

"I have to get going. About what you did earlier, gomawo. See you?", Hyejoo said.

"Hmm, I also thanked you. Of course, we'll see each other soon.", Myungsoo answered.

They went to different direction because they were going to different places. Hyejoo went home right before dinner. Nice timing! 

Eventhough they went to the different directions, Myungsoo stopped walking and turned back. He watched her walking home. He waited until she dissapeared from his watch. That's how much Myungsoo liked her.

---

As soon as Hyejoo got home, she avoid any contacts with Sungjong. Because she knows, that he's going to interogate her. Typical overprotective Sungjong. 

Hyejoo peeked through the door. It seemed safe. No one's at the hallway. "Nice.", she thought. She quickly came inside the house. But guess what. Sungjong was hiding behind the pilar when she peeked through. Hyejoo heard footsteps and quickly ran upstairs. But Sungjong caught her by pulling her clutchbag.

"Ya. Where do you think you're going?", Sungjong said.

"Up-upstairs. Wae?!", Hyejoo ran, forgotten that Sungjong was pulling her clutchbag.

"You, follow me.", he said while dragging her using her clutchbag.

"Arasso, let me go.", Hyejoo said.

Sungjong let it go, but then Hyejoo quickly ran to the stairs and went to the room. She locked herself at the room and started to change her clothes.

---

"Eomma.", Myungsoo said.

"Wae?", his mom replied.

"There's this girl that I like, so much."

"Eh? When will you introduce her to me?", Mrs. Kim said.

"But this girl already have feelings to someone else before I came to her life. What should I do?", he explained.

"There are 2 choices. Either you let her go, or confess to her.", his brother suddenly answered.

Myungsoo stayed blank. Should he let Hyejoo go, or should he confess to her. Who knows she'll try to be open more about her feelings towards him. Myungsoo got so confused. He doesn't know what should he choose. He was so afraid to let her go, yet he doesn't have the guts to confess.

"Should I just talk to her about this?", he thought to himself.

---

The juicyness of samgyeopsal that were cooked on top of the fire are so freaking delicious. The smell of pork ribs that stewed with rice. They're all delicious. The Lee family heritage the cooking skills that always makes other people fall in love with their food. They seriously should open up a restaurant.

--KRINGG--

Hyejoo's phone rang. Guess who called? Kim Myungsoo.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Oh, Hyeddong."

"Wae? You okay?", Hyejoo asked.

"I have something to say. Meet you behind the library?"

"Okay. Kim Myung."

"Hmm?"

"You okay? You sounded a bit heavy.", she concerned.

"I dont know. See you."

"Oh, see you then."

Sungjong was listening to their conversation accidently. He looked at her sinicly. Even when she looked at him. She felt weird when he did that. He looked so creepy. Hyejoo looked away and whipered to his mom.

"Immo, I'll be back ne? I have to go somewhere."

"You dont need Sungjong to go with you? Its late now.", Mrs. Lee said.

"No! Dont! Im fine."

---

Myungsoo gathered up his courage to confess to Hyejoo. Rather than letting her go, he chose to confess. No matter what will happen after that. He doesn't care about what she'll say. 

"Kim Myung!", Hyejoo called out to him while waving.

"Oh."

"So. What is it that you wanted to talk about?", she asked.

"Ya! Kim Myung! You look so pale! You okay?!", Hyejoo continued, realizing Myungsoo looked so pale.

"Im fine."

Silence.

"Hyejoo-ya. To be very honest, I like you."

There. He said it.

Hyejoo gulped her saliva and looked in to Myungsoo's eyes. Her eyes got widen because of the sudden conffession. It felt so shocking and unexpected. 

"So, that girl that you've talked abput all this time is, me?", Hyejoo tried to make sure.

"Hmm. I like you.", Myungsoo said once again

"Oh. Gomawo. But-but you know that I--", Hyejoo got cut off.

Myungsoo suddenly hug her. 

"I know. You already like that guy. And I know that he's better than me. You deserve him better than me. But just this once, can we stay like this for a while? I've been crazy thinking about you."

Hyejoo smiled and hugged him back.

"Arasso. Lets stay like this for a while. Mianhae, Myungsoo-ya."

"Its okay. As long as you're happy, anything's fine for me.", he said.

Until then, Myungsoo realized. No matter how much he was there on her corcumstances, no matter how much she feels so comfortable with him, no matter how big his feelings towards her, she still love the same guy. And that was Lee Sungjong. Myungsoo was there to comfort here when she got through so much problems, he was there taking care of her. Myungsoo realized that he was the one. The once that once by her side.

 

---

np: Infinite - The Voice Of My Heart

You guys should try reading this with this song. I seriously teared up. The unexpected chaptee huhu~ How is it? Okay? Lets stay tune till the next chapter ne? Saranghae! :3