Stay With Me

I Was Once By Your Side - Infinite Fanfic

 

They got into the car and Sungjong started to drive away. Hyejoo stay trembles at the seat next to Sungjong. Sungjong looked at her. He saw her didn't blink at all. The car was like in a silence mode.  Sungjong took out the emergency blanket that was placed at the back seat.

"Here you go.", he said while giving Hyejoo the blanket.

"Oh. Gomawo."

Moments later, Hyejoo blinked her eyes slowly and then fell asleep. Eventhough he drove concentratedly and safely, but yet he was looking at her pausely.

That baby pink coloured lips, wavy hair, fair skinned, and brown pupil on her eyes that always makes him beating for her. Also her bright personality that makes people falls in love right away. The way that she used to take care of him and love him at the past, that he'll never forget. Though he felt guilty for the things that he have done. That accident that she shouldn't saw from the back, she should've saw it from the front. If only she didn't hide behind the bushes and trying to see things that happened that night, Hyejoo probably never left.

They finally arrived. He took her to his house. When Sungjong looked at her, Hyejoo still asleep. He doesn't have the courage to wake her up but, oh well.

"Hyejoo ya, wake up. We're home.", he said while leaning to her after he took off his seatbelt.

But yet, she stays asleep.

"Choi Hyejoo, wake up.", he said it again, nicely.

She only move her head to the other side and went back to sleep. He got no choice but to carry her. Sungjong got out off the car and opened the other doorside. He put his head in and took off her seatbelt. He carried her at his back and then walked to the door. He opened the door and his mom greet him.

"Oh, Sungjong-ah you're ho--", she cut off.

She looked at the one that he was carrying.

"Choi Hyejoo, wae? What happened? Why does Hyejoo smell like ashes?", his mom said confusedly.

"I'll tell you later okay mom?"

"Okay, okay. Let's just carry her to your room now."

They went upstairs to Sungjong's room. His mom opened the door and Sungjong went straight to the bed. He put Hyejoo down. He adjusted the pillow for her. He also covered her with his blanket. He was already on his way out from the room, until he heard Hyejoo mumbles.

It seemed like she had a bad dream. She kept saying the same things over and over again.

"Don't go. Don't go. Stay with me.", she said that over and over again.

He ended up staying and held her hands. He held them tightly and caress them.

"I wont go anywhere. I'm here. I'll stay with you."

The night had passed. The moon went back to sleep and the sun rised. He was there all night, watched over her. He even fell asleep next to her. Hyejoo woke up and caress his head. She could felt the smoothness of his black brownish hair. Suddenly he opened his eyes and stood up to her.

"Oh, you're awake."

"Hmm."

"Let's go downstairs. I could smell eomma's abalone porridge."

 He left her and Hyejoo followed him downstairs. They went to the dining room and Hyejoo found Sungjong's mom and brother already sitting there with the food in front of them.

"Hyejoo ya.. Long time no see.", Sungjong's mom welcome her delightedly.

"Noona, sit here, sit here!", Seongyu said cheerfully.

Hyejoo smiled widely and sat next to Seongyu, Sungjong's little brother. But suddenly Hyejoo startled because of Sungjong's loud nagging voice.

"Ya! That's my seat!", he said.

"Mwo! Wae! I sat here first!", Hyejoo nagged him back.

Sungjong was surprised at first. That's not 'Hyejoo'. That's the old Hyejoo. She's back. He was so excited and suddenly gave her a backhug.

"Ya, Lee Sungjong."

"Wae?"

"Let me go!", Hyejoo shouted at his ears.

"I wont.", he said then he show his tongue out.

His mom and Seongyu only watched them  and bursted their laugh away. The dining room became delightful and full of laughter. The old Hyejoo is back. She had forgiven Sungjong forever.

---

"Uwa~ Thank you, ahjumma. As always, your cooking are outstanding and delicious.", Hyejoo said with a very wide smile.

"Aigoo, its nothing. Haha.."

Moments later, Hyejoo came downstairs after taking a shower and changed her clothes. When Hyejoo was downstairs, she didn't see Sungjong and Seongyu around. To fix her curiousity, she went to Sungjong's mom.

"Ahjumma, where are the others?"

"Ah, its Monday. Sungjong has to drive Seongyu to school. He always does that on Seongyu's school days.", Sungjong's mom answered.

"Ah.. So that's why.. What about ahjussi?"

"He's at Busan for work. He'll be home later tonight."

Hyejoo nodded and said that she'll be back for dinner.

---

The weather was windy and showed some signs that maybe the rain will come to pour the whole city of Seoul.

"Where are my suitcases.. Suitcase, suitcase..", a guy said while peeking through the peoples that gathered around to take their suitcases and stuff.

"Oh, there! Excuse me, excuse me..", he went through the peoples.

He was wearing all black. Black rounded hat, black coat, black jeans, and black boots. All black except for his sweater that were white bone colored. He carried two of his big grey suitcases outside the airport and raised his hand to stop a taxi. The taxi stopped and the driver got out from the taxi.

"Where to go, kid? Here let me help you with your stuff."

"Its okay, ahjussi. I'll put them at baggage myself. Can you drive me home, ahjussi?", he said politely.

"Of course, kid."

On his way home inside the taxi, he called his mom.

"Eomma. I've arrived."

"Oh, my son! You need anything? Wait let me tell Mr. Lim to drive you home okay?"

"That's no need eomma. Im already inside the taxi."

"What? You should've called me when you're arrived! I could've pick you up right now if you told--- Haish, forget it. Just come home safely okay?"

"Hmm, eommonim. Im going to hang up right now, ne? See you at home.", he closed the conversation with his mom.

---

"Ugh the weather is so not supporting. Where should I go, where should I go..", Hyejoo mumbled to herself.

She decided to go to the Han River, by herself. Although the weather was not supporting. She sat there, at the stairstep while looking at the sky. She was hoping so it wont rain. Though she was also thinking to herself. What will her parents said about the burnt house. Where will they live after they come home. Where would Hyejoo stay when they still there. Complicated.

She was already there for 3 hours now. Listening to the music while enjoying the wind of the Han River. The sky turned darkish, the sun covered up by the grey clouds. The sign of 'rain-is-coming-down'. She only took of her earphones and continued to look at the sky. 

---

"Eommonim, I'm home!", the boy said.

"Aigoo!! My son had grown up so well.. Did you eat well? Did you study well? How are you? Did you ever beat up there? You okay right? Everything's fine right?", his mom said, worried about his life.

"Eommonim, look. I'm totally fine. I eat well, study well, never got beaten up, and my life is totally okay. Eomma, look. My college certificate. Now, I'll stay here forever. With you.", he said with a wide smile."

"Aigoo.. That's good. Good job my son. Have you eaten your lunch? Let me tell the ahjumma to cook for you."

"No, eomma. Its okay, I'll eat mine later. I'll go home for dinner. See ya!", he said, walking to the door.

"Ya, ya! At least eat first before you go!"

But he cant hear whatever his mom said. He was so excited to go to this place that he missed.

"Ah. The weather is so unsupportive. But oh well. I'm going to go anyway.", he said to himself.

---

He arrived. He saw that the weather so unsupportive but he doesn't care at all. All he wanted to see is the Han River. No matter whatever that got into him, he'll see it.

But suddenly, the rain started to pour. Again and again, the rain pour heavily. He place his hand to his rounded hat so it wont go over with the wind. But then, he saw something. 

"Eh? Choi Hyejoo?"

He saw her from the kinda far distance. He walked to her eventhough the rain pour heavily.

---

"Haish, seriously!", Hyejoo said to herself.

She was about to get up. But then, she felt a coat covering her as it stopped raining. That's right. That 'from-head-to-toe-wearing-black' guy took of his coat and held it to cover Hyejoo. Hyejoo suddenly held the coat and stood up. She saw that familiar face in front of her.

"K-K-K-K-Kimmyung?", she said, surprisedly.

"Annyeong, Hyejoo.", he said with a wide smile.

She was right. It's Kim Myungsoo. Her classmate from Canada that graduated later that Hyejoo.

 

---

np: Infinite H - Alone (the teaser OST mueheheh)

Ihihi~ Yashhh~ Finally Myung appears at this chaptahh XD. Well, going to the next chaptah after FE week '-')/ Hwaiting!