I'll Protect You

I Was Once By Your Side - Infinite Fanfic

"Eish eomma, jinjja!", she said to herself.

Well, this was what she was thinking inside her head. She thought that its was not fair. Because she have to live alone, again. Her mom said that it wont be safe if Joohyun live alone there. But still, their dad is going to be there. So, technically, he wont be living alone. And the way her mom said that she's worrying her son even tempted Hyejoo more. Why? Because Hyejoo lived alone there, without her parents taking care of her. So its kinda thrilling for her. And Joohyun? He's going tobe 13 soon. Of course he could take care of himself.

"Aish, forget it. I'll probably live happily. Eventhough I'm going to be alone at this house.", she said to herself.

Suddenly, her phone rang. She got a new message.

"Choi Hyejoo. Let's eat pork belly for lunch. It's on me.", message from Sungjong.

Her face got brighten up. She got up from her bed and started to change. She wore her white buttoned shirt dress, also wore her favorite white sneakers, and also her white play no more clutch. She put a bit of her baby pink liptint on her tiny baby lips. She was all ready to go with her Sungjongie.

"Ya, Noona.", her little brother always caught her at the stairs.

"Mwo? 'Ya'? Oi, Choi Joohyun. Im your noona and you're using 'Ya'?", suddenly got all mad.

Joohyun was so confused. She usually fine with it. What's wrong?

"Noona.", he called her.

"Mwo?", she asked.

"Is there something wrong?", he asked.

"Nothing. Why?"

"No. Nothing its just.. Nothing."

"Oookay.. Gosh, I have to go. Bye!", she said while looking at her watch.

---

"Where is she? Eish, typical Hyejoo.", Sungjong thought to himself.

He was already there. He wore his navy green sweater with white sneakers. His face all brighten up because he was going to meet Hyejoo. The smell of pork belly made him drools. He cant take it. He cant wait anymore. So he ordered 2 portion of kimchi pancake. The rest is on Hyejoo. He decided to eat them first before Hyejoo arrived.

"Here's your order, sir.", the waitress came and said.

"Thank you. Oh, can I get some soy sauce please?"

"Ah, yes. I forgot. Please wait."

Moments later, Hyejoo arrived. He's all amazed looking at her. Somehow today, he saw that she was all beautiful and stunning. Honestly, he was all stunned. His eyes even got widen and froze. He cant stop staring at her. Oh well, he wont. Its like he was being infected by Hyejoo's spell.

Hyejoo sat in front of him.

"Lee Sungjong.", Hyejoo called out.

Silence. Sungjong still frozen.

"Ya, Lee Sungjong!", Hyejoo said with her kind high scolding note.

"Ya, you scared me out of death pabo!"

"Ya, its your fault keeping yourself in silence duh.", she said with half pouted.

Somehow she got all mad and Sungjong kinda felt sorry. He leaned to her and her face gotten all red. Her cheeks turning to peaches. Her eyes got a bit widen. He pat her head and she blinked.

"Aigoo, aigoo. Fine, its my fault. Mianhae, my Hyejoo.", he said while patting her head and smiling wide.

Hyejoo smiled wide and giggled at the end. Hyejoo order the food. Pork belly, kimchi chigae with ramyeon, and iced boricha. Hyejoo felt a bit hungry so she took a bite of Sungjong's kimchi pancake that covered with salty-savoury soy sauce. She gulped before she open and full it with the pancake. She opened and make it full with pancake.

"Ya. That's my pancake!", Sungjong said while tapping her head lightly with chopsticks.

"Ack-- Ya! It hurts pabo!'

"Who cares pfft."

"Do it again and I'll--", Hyejoo said while raising her hands that already cupped to a punch.

But then she cut off what she was going to say because suddenly the waitress arrived with their foods.

---

"Sungjong-ssi. Thank you, for the meal."

"Arasso. Go inside."

Suddenly the door opened and Hyejoo's mom came from inside.

"Oh? Lee Sungjong!", Hyejoo's mom said.

Hyejoo froze.

"Crap.", she whispered.

"Oh, eommonim!", he shouted from inside the car.

"Why dont you come inside eo?"

"Sure.", he said.

He got out from his car. He got in to the house. He walked to the living room, where Hyejoo's mom was waiting.

"Sungjong-ah."

Silence.

"We're all going to America for Joohyun's scholarship. Except for Hyejoo. She'll be here alone taking care of the house. And she said she misses her hometown so much."

Silence. Sungjong cant stop thinking about her. He was worried about her living alone in that house.

"Maybe you can visit her anytime to make sure that everything's fine. Can you do that for me please?", Hyejoo's mom pleased.

"Oh. Sure, eommonim. I'll do that for you.", Sungjong said, surely.

---

Its been 2 weeks since Hyejoo's family gone overseas. Nothing happened so far. Everything's fine. Sungjong did everything that he was told to do. He took care of Hyejoo.

"Ugh, Im so tired. Warm milk tea will do.", Hyejoo said while walking to the kitchen.

She went to the kitchen while holding a glass of water that she was going to boil. She the stove and put it then wait until the water boils. Moments later, the water boils. She took out the milk from the refrigerator and packed caramel tea from the drawer. She mixed them together and pored some boiled water.

The smell of milky sweet caramel tea affected her room. She sat down and leaned to the wall as she opened her laptop to read some fanfics. Suddenly, there's this strange sound that bother her. 'psshh'.. The sound continued to bother and distract her. She thought it was nothing. 

Moments later, Hyejoo turned off her laptop and went to bed. But still, the sound kept bother her and gone even louder.

That sound is a sound of leaking gas. The gas tube closer was loosen and when Hyejoo the stove, the fire preasure got high up and the tube closer fallen from its place. So yeah, the disturbing sound is the sound of the leaking gas.

--- 

A drunken man walking around in front of Hyejoo's house while smoking. After he was done smoking, he throw his ciggaretes in front of Hyejoo's house. Hyejoo's window accidently opened and the wind blows the ciggarete inside. The ciggarete still have a bit flame on it. Then, a fire started at Hyejoo's house. 

The fire started at the kitchen at first. Because that was where the ciggarete and gas meet up and blown off. 

---

Hyejoo was sleeping when she smelled the smell of something burning. Then moments later, she felt that her room lighten. She thought it was already morning. But when she woke up, the fire already reached her room. The fire passed her door. The fire walking near her bed when she called Sungjong.

"Sungjong-ah. Sung-sung-sungjongie.", she said while sobbing.

"Oh? Choi Hyejoo. What's wrong with you calling me at this hour? Wait. You crying?", he said shockly.

"Jjongie-ya.. What am I supposed to do?", she said, continue sobbing.

"What? What do you mean? What are you trying to say?"

Silence.

"Ya, Choi Hyejoo! Answer me!", he shouted angrily.

"Fi-fi-fi-fi-fire. The-the fire reached my room. I cant escape!"

"Wha-what?! Choi Hyejoo just stay put. I'll come and get you. Arasso?"

"O-oh."

"Sung-Sungjong-ah. Im-im scared.."

"Everything's going to be fine. I'll protect you. Wait for me, arasso?"

---

Sungjong already half way until he arrive to save his Hyejoo. He raced to his car right after Hyejoo called. He cant think about anything but Hyejoo's sake life. 

"Hyejoo-ya. Wait until I get there.", he said to himself.

---

When Sungjong arrived, the neighbors only gather there doing nothing. And that made him angry. 

"What are you people doing?! Call 119 right now!", he shouted angrily.

He broke into Hyejoo's house. The house has been destroyed. Everything burnt and the fire still on. He went upstairs to Hyejoo's room. The door half burnt and locked. 

"Choi Hyejoo!", he shouted.

"Sungjong-ah! Inside! Im inside!"

Sungjong broke in and foind Hyejoo cornered near the bed. He went to her and gave her his hand. Hyejoo reached his hand and Sungjong pulled her to his arms. He put his coat to her and they made their way out. 

The firefighters finally came with an ambulance. Hyejoo's breath became abnormal. She breath heavily and her body shaking. Knowing that, Sungjong buttoned the coat and hug her. He pat and caress her back.

"Sung-Sungjong-ah.. Im scared. I was scared to death.", she said while sobbing.

"Its okay. Its okay now. I got you."

He continued to hug her so that she'll calm down. 

"I'll protect you, Choi Hyejoo. I'll protect you."

 

---

np: Lovelyz - Shooting Stars

Heol. Probably the longest chapt i've ever written puahah~ i really do love this conflict tho. Its like Jjongie became a superhero for Hyejoo >< Kay then, wait till the next chapt? Subscribe and stay tuned ^^