It's Not The End

I Was Once By Your Side - Infinite Fanfic

"Thank you for the food.", they all said at the same time.

Hyejoo picked up the dirty used plates and put it in the sink. 

"Hyejoo-ya, its okay. I'll take care of them.", Mrs. Lee said.

"No, no. Its okay, eommonim. I'll do it."

"I'll help her eomma. Go take some rest.", Sungjong said.

They put on pairs of rubber gloves and start to organize and clean the dirty dishes. Hyejoo in charge of the washing and Sungjong in charge of the drying.

"So you won't tell me what happened at the convenience store?"

"No."

"Keep it to yourself then.", he said.

"Just do your job."

They keep doing the dishes in silence, until Hyejoo's job is done.

"I'm done washing. Here let me help you organize them on the drawer.", Hyejoo offered to help.

She opened the drawer which located above her head. She took a plate. She stood on her toes because she's not tall enough to put the plates up in the drawer. Noticing that she's dumb enough for not using a stool that was centimeters next to her, Sungjong giggled and helped her. He move to her back, taking the plate on her hand, and put them inside the drawer.

Hyejoo turned and realized her face was so close to his chest.

"Oh. So-sorry.", she stuttered.

"Dry the plates. I'll put them inside the drawer."

"Hmm."

---

"Ya, Kim Moonsoo. Here."

"Whoa. Thanks, hyung! Hyung, jjang!"

Myungsoo smirked and went to his room.

"Myungsoo-ya. Can I come in?", his mom said.

"Oh, eomma."

Myungsoo was sitting on his bed.

"So, you want to talk about it?", Mrs. Kim said, sitting next to him.

"About what? Ah, that? Nah, I'm fine."

"Really? You know you can always talk to me if you want to, Kim Myungsoo."

"Yes, eomma. I know. I'm fine really. Why dont you get some rest, oh? Its late now?"

"Okay then. Do talk to me if you need me, or anything."

"Arasso, good night.", he said then closed the door.

--THE NEXT MORNING--

 Hyejoo came down from her room.

"Dayum I'm so late.", she thought, looking at her watch.

She finally arrived downstairs and went to the dining room. She caught Sungjong's dad sipping his cup of coffee before going to work.

"Oh, morning abbeonim.", she greeted him.

"Oh, Hyejoo. What are you doing running around the house so early?", he asked.

"I'm going to meet the retailer at the new apartment I'm going to rent."

"EH?! THIS EARLY? YA, LETS GO TOGETHER.", Sungjong said with a shocking voice.

Hyejoo was so shocked knowing he popped outta nowhere.

"I'm late already. Eommonim, abbeonim, I'll go first.", she said, while holding on her toast.

"See you later, Jjong. You too Seongyu.", she said and left.

She ran to the bus stop and caught the bus from leaving. She almost missed the bus. Thank God she wore her sneakers.

---

"Ahjussi, I'll take them.", she said.

"Sure, lets go to the office and take care of the papers."

She signed the papers and paid a whole month rent. She's able to move anytime now. Because its legally hers. 

"Thank you, ahjussi."

"Sure, agassi. It's a pleasure."

The retailer office is located near the sports park. A large park that has all sports equipment, bike road, and else. Because its still early, Hyejoo decided to refresh herself there. She was walking at the bike road to see how fun riding bike could be. Since she cant ride one. But then, she saw a familiar face riding on bike passed through her. This person finally get off his bike and walk along with his bike.

"Ya! Kim Myung!"

She walked behind him. 

"Myungsoo-ya!"

He still walking.

"Ya, Kim Myungsoo! Stop right there!"

He turn around and continue walking as if nothing happened.

"Ya, Kim Myung!"

Hyejoo shouted his name and ran to him. She caught his hand. She was out of oxygen. She took a deep breath, and started to talk.

"Kim Myungsoo.", she said.

"Let me go."

"Just, listen to me first. Okay.", she said, breathing heavily.

"Fine. Lets go seat somewhere. You sound like you're going to die.", he said.

There you go. Kim Myung that she knows. 

They sat on a bench. He offered her a bottle of water, and she finished them in a moment.

"You know.", she said.

"It doesnt matter if I have a crush or not. I have a boyfriend or not. You're always a best friend to me. I consider you as my own sibling. I appreciate your feelings for me, I do. And I thank you. Because, if you didn't come to me 3 years ago, I wouldnt have survived there really. You protect me, cheer me, and do stuffs for me, that's more than enough. So no matter how your feelings for me right now, no matter how much you hate me right now, you will always be my big brother. And that'll never change. This is not the end yo. So, please. Stop avoiding me would you?"

"Arasso. Just so you know. I've moved on.", he said then giggled.

"What the-?", she said and giggled along.

---

Sungjong got out from the bathroom and accidently saw the calendar. 

"What day is it? Hmm. Saturday, October 12th."

Then he looked again shockedly.

"WHAT THE?! OCTOBER 12TH? THAT MEANS TOMORROW IS HER BIRTHDAY?!"

He changed into nice clothes. He wore white hoodie, light blue ripped jeans, and his white sneakers. 

"Sungjong-ah!", his mom said from downstairs.

"Oh, wait a second!"

He went downstairs and caught her mom at the living room, who was looking at the calendar.

"Sungjong-ah."

"Waeyo, eomma?"

"Tomorrow is Hyejoo's birthday.", his mom said in a calm voice.

"WHY DONT YOU TELL ME EARLIER?"

"Good Lord, I just passed the calendar and saw the mark here, see?"

"Aiyoo. Forget it.", he said and turn away.

"Why dont you ask her on a date?"

"Ey, eomma~"

"Ask her already. Wait till she gets home, and ask her. Do it like a man.", she said and pointed then poked at her son's chest

The sound of an oper door.

"Everybody, I'm home!", she shout as soon as she reach the welcome mat and took off her shoes.

She caught Mrs. Lee and Sungjong on the living room making each other faces. Mrs. Lee stare at her son as if she was telling him to ask her at the moment. Sungjong keep shaking his head and Hyejoo confused herself.

"What are you guys doing?", she finally asked.

Mrs. Lee pushed her son to Hyejoo and left to the dining room.

"Waeyo eommonim?"

But Mrs. Lee already disapeared. 

"Hyejoo-ya.", Sungjong said.

"Hmm?"

"Lets go on a date."

"M-m-mwo?", she sounded so shocked.

 

---

np: Kat Dahlia - I Think I'm In Love

So hey guys! Im sorry for not updating for so long. I was so busy with school and stuffs. But here's chapter 13! I hope you like this one. Keep on waiting for the next chaptah! See ya <3