Let Me Help You

I Was Once By Your Side - Infinite Fanfic

Sungjong peeked Hyejoo who was scrolling her mouse up and down, dancing her fingers on the keyboard, and chuckles. He peeked through her half closed door. It's still 8 am in the morning. "What is she doing?", he thought to himself. 

"Oi, Hyejoo. What are you doing early in the morning?", he said, pat her shoulder once.

"Oh this? I was trying to find an apartment for me to live."

Hyejoo and her typical morning look. She wore her oversized light blue sweater with black shorts, bunned her hair up to a messy bun, and wore her rounded glasses. Though she just woke up, she looks stunning and beautiful just the way she is.

"But you already have a place to live. Here, with me and my kind family.", he looked at her and smirk.

"You know I cant live here forever. And my parents, also my brother are still going to be abroad until a year ahead. There's no way I'm going to make your family busy. Especially you, butthead."

"There goes another unplesant word.", he sighed and flicked her forehead.

"Ack! Ya! It hurts! I thought we agreed to use banmal on you.", she said, frowned.

"Using banmal on me doesn't mean you can just throw unplesant and swearing words on me, Choi Hyejoo. You're a kind, pure, innocent girl okay."

"Wow. It's the first time I see you act like an oppa. Usually I'm the one who always acted older though. You grown up, Sungjong-ssi.", she said, patting his shoulder twice with a proud look.

"Yeah right. You want me to help you search a place for you to live?"

"Sure."

---

"Hyung, wake up! Breakfast is ready!", he shouted while walking to his brother's room.

"5 minutes..", Myungsoo mumbled.

"Hyung, wake up!", Moonsoo shouted next to his brother's bed.

"Okay, okay. Im awake."

Myungsoo took a quick shower and dressed himself. Then, he went downstairs to enjoy his morning meal.

"Oh, Myungsoo-ya. Sit next to your brother.", his mom said.

Myungsoo nodded and enjoy his breakfast next to his brother. Moonsoo realized that his brother haven't touched his food eventhough he's holding his pair of chopsticks.

"It's not like being rejected actually that bad, right?", Moonsoo whispered to his brother.

"Moonsoo-ya, let him be. He's not in a good condition.", his mom said.

Myungsoo continued being a statue at the dining room. It was already 15 minutes since he step his foot on the dining room, but yet he haven't touched his food at all.

"Myungsoo-ya, aren't you going to eat this? It's getting cold.", his mom said.

"Oh? Oh. Oh, I'll eat them.", he's back.

After breakfast, Myungsoo head to his room but his mom caught him when he was only half upstairs.

"Myungsoo-ya! Got any plans?"

"Just going to sleep.", he said.

"Rather than going to sleep, why dont you accompany your lonely mom to the supermarket huh?"

"Okay."

---

"Im so hungry~", Sungjong thought to himself.

"Gosh, why aren't there anything that I can eat?!", he said, slammed the fridge door.

His mom caught him and said.

"Why dont you go to the supermarket with Hyejoo? I need some cooking oil and fruits for tonight."

"Okay, eomma."

Sungjong went upstairs to Hyejoo's room. He was opening the half closed door and..

"Hyejoo-ya!", he shouted and went in to her room.

"YA! LEE SUNGJONG! GET OUT. GET OUT NOW!"

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh. Im so sorry."

"GET OUT!"

Hyejoo was so shocked. She was on her way to get out from the bathroom when Sungjong knocked so she didn't hear a thing. And when Sungjong went inside her room, she was undressed but thank God, she cover herself with towel.

Sungjong himself was so shocked. She should've closed and locked her room if she's going to change. What if it's not him who got in? What if it's another stranger?

"Typical careless Hyejoo."

---

"Oh wow, okay. This is going to be an awkward slience ride.", she said after she dressed herself with warm clothes.

She took her clutchbag and crossed it on her. She took heavy steps to the door and took a deap breath. 

"Okay. It's going to be, okay.", she sighed.

Sungjong who was waiting while circling the living room downstairs gulped his saliva. He was shocked to see Hyejoo who was already standing behind him and pat his shoulder. 

"Let's go.", he said, clearing his throat.

Just like what Hyejoo thought, the car was in deep silence. Even the radio was turned off. Hyejoo sighed and broke the silence.

"Aren't you going to say something? This is so awkward.", she said.

"Im sorry? Well that was actually you fault okay. You left your door half opened."

"Well at least you should've--"

"I've shouted your name and I've knocked your door.", Sungjong said, cut her.

"Sorry..", she said with her head down.

"But relax, I saw nothing."

"Ya!"

Sungjong ended up giggled.

---

"Myungsoo-ya, why dont you call your brother and ask him if he want anything.", his mom said.

"Arasso, eomma. I'll head out okay? I cant get signal in here."

"Okay. Find me on the fruit section later."

---

"What should we cook tonight?", Hyejoo said.

"You're going to cook?"

"Hmm. I owe your family so much. At least let me pay your family back this once.", she explained.

"Okay then, cheese ddakgalbi?", Sungjong said, smiling at the end.

"Okay, okay."

---

"Oh, Moonsoo-ya. Im at the supermarket. You want something?"

"Hyung, get me some soft candies and biscuits oh?"

"Gosh, Moonsoo. How old are you? A five year old spirit lives inside you?"

"Hyung, not funny. Just get them for me or I'll buy it for myself."

"Arasso, arasso. Wait. You have a girlfriend?"

"Hish, forget it hyung. I'll just buy them myself."

"Sorry, sorry. I'll get it for you."

Just like that, the phone call ended.

---

After picked some ingredients that are needed for making cheese ddakgalbi, they strolled around the snacks drawers. Then after picked up some snacks, they went to the ice cream corner.

"Sungjong-ah, wait here ne? I'll take some fruits."

"Arasso, dont get lost.", he smirked.

"Trust me sir, I wont.", she looked back to him.

Hyejoo went for some apples and oranges, then went to the weight machine to scale them. But when she looked back, she accidently bumped with a lady.

"Oh gosh, sorry, sorry. Im so sorry, mam. Here let me help you."

"Its okay. Let me do it."

"No mam, let me do it. Its my fault."

But in the end they cleaned up the mess together, until a tall guy with a familiar voice came to them.

"Eomma, what happened?"

Hyejoo looked up to the guy that face the floor and helped them. Oh?

"Kim Myungsoo.", she said.

"Come on eomma, kajja.", he said, ignoring her.

"Myungsoo-ya..", his mom said.

But his mom was dragged by him to the cashier. His mom looked back to Hyejoo who was bowing 90 degrees while apologizing.

"Hyejoo-ya, you okay?", Sungjong came to her.

"Oh. Im okay. Kajja."

---

"Myungsoo-ya. You know her?", his mom asked.

"No. She's no one.", he answered coldly.

"She's the one you always talked about isn't she?"

Myungsoo kept his mouth shut.

"Myungsoo-ya, its okay. You can talk to me.", his mom said.

"Hmm. She's the one. We attend the same college and class so, we became best friends. And then my feelings grow."

"No wonder you fell for her. She's so beautiful, polite and kindhearted."

His mom felt his whole image was all dark. Its like pasts hunted him one by one. Somehow she felt sorry for him, eventhough its not actually her fault. But she felt sorry, because the one that felt that way was her son. 

---

 

np: Taeyeon - Farewell

This chapter got lots of plotsㅋㅋ But still, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter while Im doing the next one. Stay tuned!🙆