The Truth

I Was Once By Your Side - Infinite Fanfic

"Choi Hyejoo!", he shouted while chasing her.

"Ya, Choi Hyejoo.", he grabbed her hand.

"Just leave me alone.", she rebeled.

"Hyejoo-ya. What's wrong with you? What was that?", he asked.

Hyejoo looked back to him and chuckled. 

"What's wrong? You seriously asking me that?", Hyejoo sense increased.

"Im just asking. Tell me what happened."

Hyejoo looked at Sungjong in the eyes. And again, chuckled.

"Well you should ask your 'girlfriend' about it.", she turned back and started walking.

Sungjong got even more confused. Girlfriend?

"Whoa whoa. Girlfriend? Who? Wait, wait. Miyeon?!"

"You got it right. Who else duh."

He run to her and grabbed her arm. This time, he didn't let go when she rebels. He pulled her and grabbed her arm tightly so it wont let go. 

"Ya, Choi Hyejoo. You out of your mind?! We're not even dating."

"Mhm, well you should give me explanation about that."

"What?" 

Hyejoo chuckled. The way she chuckled made him lose his patience. 

"You really dont remember? You kissed her at the park we usually went to. That night when I told you to come and meet me at the park. Told you to wait at the swing bench. I do pretend not to know about this but, I do know that you kissed her. I even hid behind the bushes so you guys wont know. And I ran because Im hurt. That's why I didn't meet you.", Hyejoo explained angrily.

He let her arm go and told her the truth.

"Ya. Its just a misunderstanding. Just. Let me tell you the truth."

---FLASHBACK---

 September 3rd, 2011. Its Sungjong's birthday. Sungjong was all excited, waiting for a surprise that Hyejoo might throw for him. He was all pumped up and cannot wait for what might happen. He checked his phone, but still no messages from Hyejoo.

His phone rang. And guess what? Hyejoo send him a message.

"Ya, lemon satang. Come and meet me at the usual park. Just sit at the usual swing bench and wait for me. Arasso?"

He was all excited. Hyejoo, the girl that he likes from, well, a year now, is going to throw a surprise, or maybe bought him presents. He picked his clothes. And finally, he decided to wear his cream sweatshirt and cover himself with his grey coat. It was kinda freezing.

He went to the park and did what Hyejoo told him to do. He sat there at the swing bench that they usually sits at. 

Its been 15 minutes since he arrived. Because he felt thirsty, he decided to go to the convinence store that placed right next to the library. But just right after he stand up, Miyeon came.

"Sungjong-ah. I got something to say.", Miyeon said.

"Sure. Spill it out."

"Because its your birthday today, Im going to spill out my feelings for you."

Sungjong get all confused. 

"Sungjong-ah. I really like you. I like you from 7th grade. Just right after you helped me to get rid of those bullies. I know this may sound cheesy, but. I dont just like 'like' you. I mean like, love you. Somehow its just happened."

"Oh. Mian. I have someone else that I like.", he was going to took off, but yet, Miyeon blocked him.

"Choi Hyejoo. Isn't it?", she put her hand to his left shoulder.

"Maybe. Just let me go."

Miyeon hand changed position to Sungjong's neck and tried to kiss him. But Sungjong stood up and blocked her by putting his hand to her left shoulder. 

"Choi Miyeon."

"Wae?"

"I said I've already have someone else that I like. No, I mean love."

"But still--"

"Mianhae. When I said I like someone else, I do. And that person is the one that poof right up to your mind. Choi Hyejoo is the one that I like. No, I mean love.", he said, getting rid of Miyeon's hand, then took off.

But, Hyejoo already ran off when he said that. So Hyejoo doesn't know if Sungjong actually love her.

---Present Day---

After Sungjong told her the truth, Hyejoo still cant believe it.

"But I dont remember that you said that. What I remember was that I saw you kissed her then I left."

"So that's the reason why you beat me up with your weak punches and witch mouth the next 2 days?", Sungjong looked at her in the eyes.

Hyejoo just looked down and avoid any eye contacts.

"Ya.. Next time, when you want to kill someone you should ask for the truth first. Not kill the person first. Eish pabo.", he said and messed with her head.

"Heh. Mian. I just dont know. I felt so mixed up and brokenhearted. So I left."

"Is that the reason, why you study abroad without telling me?", he asked.

"Sort. Of.."

Silence. She left him there frozen. He walked to her and gave her a back hug.

"Mianhae. Jeongmal mianhae. I dont know why you were mad at me so.. And you wont even tell me the truth..", he hugged her tighter.

"Ya! I was going to tell you that Im leaving at the day of your birthday idiot! And then that happened! I even thought for not leaving you before knowing that was gonna happened!", she let go from his hug.

"But still. You left either way.", he hugged her again.

"Well.. That was.. Ya! At least now Im back idiot!"

"Arasso, arasso..", he said, let her go from his hug and started to walk.

"Sungjong-ssi."

"Wae?"

"You.. You still.. Love me?", she asked.

"Hmm.. Maybe. Kajja!", he walked to her and hold her hand.

Hyejoo just smiled and follow along.

---

Hyejoo went home, drived by her Sungjongie. 

"Just rest know okay? I'll text you later.", he said.

"Ne.. You can go now."

Sungjong just nodded and left. Ah.. Hyejoo in such a good mood. She's so releaved that he didn't kiss her. She went inside the house while humming.

"Noona. Why are you such in a good mood? You're even humming.", Joohyun said.

"None of your business kiddo."

She went passed the dining room.

"Oh, Hyejoo-ya. Eomma have something to talk to."

"Hmm? Waeyo eomma?", she said with a wide smile.

"Ah, to be honest.. Your dad is going to live abroad because of work. And Joohyun also received a scholarship at the same city and country. So me and your dad decided that we're all going except you.", her mom said.

"MWO?! EOMMAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!", she screamed.

"Haish. I know this going to happen."

"Do you have to go? Those two are going to be fine."

"I still have to take care of them, sweetie."

"Mom. Dad is a full grown up man and Joohyun? He's going to be 13 next year! You're not even with me when Im 13 and I lived abroad."

"Well, he's not 13 yet.."

"But still.. AH EOMMAAAAAA!!!"

 

---

 

np: Akdong Musician - Give Love

Kekeke~ So many convos at this chapter heh~ Somehow the last part so funny kya~ if you could imagine Hyejoo shout with aegyo voice to her mom puahah~ Well, its 5pm here and i hv to study~ Got exams tomorrow~ Bye baesss :3