I've Lost You, I Wont Let You Go

I Was Once By Your Side - Infinite Fanfic

"Its been a long time, Lee Sungjong.", she said.

"You-you, you dont know how long I've been searching for you? Huh?!", he replied. Angrily.

She stayed there in silence. Both of them looking at each other under the pouring rain.

"Answer me."

She continued standing there in silence. glued shut.

"Ya, Choi Hyejoo. Look at me in the eyes and answer my goddamn quetion!", he continued to scold. 

Still. She was frozen right there like an ice cube. 

He grabbed her hand. He pulled her to his chest and hugged her tightly. He was not angry. He was worried about her. Where she was the whole time. What she ate. What she has done without him.

"Stupid Hyejoo. Careless Hyejoo. You haven't change a thing huh?"

She rebel but he hugged her even tighter.

"I was worried about you pabo. What if something bad happened to you huh? You don't know how scared I am of losing you?", he continued.

"I don't.", she finally answered.

"Pabo.", he let go of his hug to see her face, then pull her back and hugged her tighter.

"Sungjong-ssi, you can let me go now.", she said.

"I don't want to. I want to hug you as long as I can. Right here. Right now."

"But, Sungj--"

"Ssh. No means no."

After stayed for a while, they walked to the swing bench that they usually sat at. The rain stopped. They sat there and suddenly Hyejoo trembles. She felt the cold wind that brushes their hair.

He took out his handkerchief from his pocket. He kneeled down to her. He wiped her knees, face, and everythings that wet. He wiped her soft skinned face. He wiped it gently. He her hair. The wind blows her hair and distracted him. He clips her hair to her ears.

He stared at her. To him every single thing about her are perfect. He stared at her dark brown colored puppy eyes. He still remember the gaze on her eyes whenever she smiles. He stared down to her soft baby pink lips and gulped. Somehow Hyejoo realized that he's staring at her.

"Sungjong-ssi, wae?", she said with her soft voice.

"A-a-ah no. No, no Im okay."

Silence.

"Lee Sungjong-ssi..", she looked at his eyes.

"Hmm?", he looked back at her.

"Ah.. Nothing, just um.. Gomawo.", she said while smiling wide.

"Hyejoo-ya, dont you remember? We used to sit here while eating our ice creams."

"Hmm."

Silence.

"Hyejoo-ya. Give me your phone.", he said all of the sudden.

"Wae?", she asked curiously.

Sungjong typed his number at her phone and saved it. He called his phone so he get his number. After doing all of that he gave her phone back.

"I saved my number there. Call me anytime and answer my calls. Arasso?"

"Do I have to?", she said with no facial expression.

Sungjong just chuckled and looked away.

"Haish, arasso, arasso. I'll do that.", she said, widen her smile.

--Hyejoo's House--

"I'm home!", she shouted.

"Noona. Bought anything?", her brother quickly answered.

"No, I dont."

"Haish as always. Thinking about yourself only.", he pouted.

"Psh."

"But noona. Your hair kinda wet."

"Oh? Oh. It was raining. I forgot to bring umbrella."

She walked up to her room. Throw her clutchbag to her bed just as usual. She change her clothes and went downstairs. She met her mom downstairs. Looks like she just got home after a groceries shopping. Mrs. Choi put the groceries bags at the dining table. Hyejoo put her wet clothes on the stack of laundry and peeked to the groceries bags. 

"Eomma.."

"Your banana and melon milk are right there."

"Hihihi. Eomma gomawo!", she said with a cheerful tone.

She took the banana and melon milk. She put them in the fridge. She took the banana one to enjoy while reading a novel. Yep. She's that kind of dorky nerd girl. Suddenly she heard her phone rang from downstairs. She went to her room to get her phone.

"Noona! Hurry answer your phone Im studying!", Joohyun said.

"Wait Im running at the stairs!", she shouted.

---

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Its me. What are you doing?"

"Currently nothing. But going to read a novel while drinking my banana milk. Wae?", she said to the phone while tossing herself to her bed after picking a novel.

"No, just asking."

"You call me just to ask that?", she asked.

"And because I want to hear your voice."

She blushed. Her cheeks turning to peaches. Or maybe apples. Its burning red. She really misses his sweet talks. But then somehow tears coming down from her eyes. 

"Choi Hyejoo.", he called out her name.

"Oh?"

"Dont get hurt and live your days happily. Arasso?"

"Pfft. Of course."

Silence.

"Sungjong-ssi."

"Hmm?"

"Gomawo."

"Arasso. I'll hang up okay?"

"Okay.", she said with a wide smile through the phone.

---

The smell went through Hyejoo's nose. The smell of her mom's delicious fish stew. Hyejoo went downstairs right after the dinner were served. She's sitting with her mom and her brother. Her dad always comes home late because of work. 

Hmm. The spicy fish stew had melted the cold heart. It felt so warm and the sensation when you eat it? Feels like you're going straight to heaven.

"So you're back with him?", Joohyun said.

"Who?"

"Jjongie hyung. I heard you two were talking on the phone duh."

"So now you're listening to my conversations?"

"Guys, guys. We're just done eating. Finish this tomorrow morning oh?"

Yeah, probably they're all forgot about it already.

"Hyejoo-ah. Really? You met him? How do you feel?", her mom asked curiously.

"I did. And Im feeling okay. How am I supposed to feel? Its just the same Sungjong that I used to know."

*blip blip*

A message from Sungjong.

"How's dinner?"

"As usual. Eomma made delicious fish stew. How's yours?", she replied him.

"Same as usual."

Just marked read by Hyejoo. There were nothing to talk about. Well she cant find a topic.

"Its late. Take some rest. Good night, Choi Hyejoo :)"

 

 

---

 

np: Akdong Musicians - 200%

Here's chapter 5 ^^ For those who waited for me to update Im so sorry :) Took me so long for an update '-')/ Currently busy with school stuffs. This chapter got lots talking than the paragraphs kekeke~ Like this one? Subscribe and share it to the others ne? Chapter 6 is coming to your way~~