The Unknown Coincidence

I Was Once By Your Side - Infinite Fanfic

"Irene. Do you have to go?", her Canadian friend, Kelly said.

"Hmm. I'm sorry. I've promised my parents that I'll come home after I graduated. Sorry.", Hyejoo said after took a sip of her capuccino.

"If that so.. Anyways.. What if we come home and we could order some food and the two of us can talk about anything? For the last time."

"Okay, sure."

"So, should we go?"

"Yeah."

Both of them stood up from their chairs and started to walk outside the cafè. They walked, enjoyed the spring evening. Until one time, Hyejoo smell a very familiar scent of aftershave. Yes. The aftershave that her Sungjongie used all the time. They passed each others face. He also smell the scent of her moringa flower mist that he gave to her for her birthday present. 

Both of them stopped walking. They became frozen. Frozen just like a block of ice. 

'This smell.. Could it be?', she thought to herself.

'Hyejoo's scent? Hyejoo, is it you?', he thought to himself.

She almost turn around. She almost turn to him. She almost meet him. But almost is never enough. 

"Irene!", Kelly shouted her english name.

"Coming!", she said, running to her best friend.

---

He turned around. He turned to her. He recognize her. His mouth is ready to call her name. But, too late.

'Irene? But her scent.. And her voice too..', he thought to himself.

"Forget it. Its just a girl that use the same body mist as her. It could not be her.", he said to himself.

He arrived at his hotel room with a very unhappy face. The same expression. He came without his Hyejoo. He came with nothing. He's desperate. His 4 years of effort produced nothing. Since she left him, he felt so bad. He had something to say to her. And he wanted to say it immediately. 

--Flashback--

"Auntie, just tell me.. Where is she? She's not here, isn't she? Auntie please.. I have to find her. I have to explain something.", he said in front of her door.

"I've told you that she wants to be alone. She wants to get away from you for a while. She wants me to keep it a secret. She doesn't want me to tell you. Mianhae.", she said, slamming the door in front of him.

He went to the park. He cant continue to search for her with nothing. At least one clue would be enough. What he did to her was wrong. What she saw was wrong. He needs to explain it to her and clear all the missunderstandings. 

He was sitting at a swing, while suddenly he met her young brother.

"Jjongie hyung!", he shouted happily.

"Oh? Joohyun ah!", he said, with face a bit brightened.

"Hyung. Dont tell mom or noona.", he said, sitting on a swing next to Sungjong's.

"What? Dont tell them what?"

"Im going to tell you where noona is. You need to find her. I know you have something to say to her. But dont tell them, okay?"

"Oh. Where is she? Where?"

"Canada. She accept that scholarship."

Sungjong was confused. She didn't tell him anything.

"Canada? What scholarship?", he asked confusely.

"She didn't say anything about her scholarship?"

Sungjong just shook his head to the left and right repeatedly. No one told him anything about a scholarship. Not even Hyejoo herself.

"You better go find her.", the 6 year old said.

"I will, Joohyun. I will.", he said, messing with the 6 year old's hair.

"But if she ask about how'd you find her, dont tell her if it was me."

"You've said that hundred times already. I won't."

He stood up from the swing, spirited, battery charged.

"Joohyun ah, thank you!"

He left the 6 year old at the swing and started to walk happily. 

--Present--

"Hyejoo ya.. Where are you? Why can't I find you?", he said to himself.

---

'Was that really him? Was that person really him? Eish. Why would I care? But the scent--', she thought.

"Irene." 

No responds.

"Irene."

Still zero responds.

"Choi Hyejoo!", she had woken up her bestfriend from a daydream. 

"Oh? Ah, sorry."

"Are you thinking about him again?"

"Hmm.", she said, looking at the fork that she held.

"Its okay. It could happen all the time. But you should try to stop though."

"Yeah, maybe I should."

They stayed silent for a while but then Hyejoo broke the silence between them.

"Oh Kelly.. What should I do without you? Huh?"

Kelly just smirked and giggled away.

 

---

np: WINNER - Empty

Here you go the second chapter. How is it? Did you enjoy reading this story? Its 11.30pm now. I should get some sleep. Gyunight baes~ Enjoy reading ^^