TWO

A Miscellany of BTS Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Are You Real?

ft. Kim Taehyung (V) and Park Jimin

•••

♦"Jung Arin" is you! 

♦This scenario is not edited yet, please kindly ignore any mistakes for now! I'm utterly sorry! 

 

 

Arin glanced at the mirror for the umpteenth time and ran her fingers through her hair before nodding in satisfaction. She walked towards her laptop and placed her phone right next to her whilst trying not to scream in excitement when she reminded herself that it was almost 12AM. 

She cleared and clicked on the shutter of her camera. She smiled widely at the camera and screamed. 

"Guys," She said into the camera,"It's almost 12AM, and you obviously know the reason why I'm hyperventilating now, right?" 

Arin gazed at her phone and saw that it was already 11:58PM. She picked up her phone and showed it to the camera before screaming once again. 

"As you can see, I'm extremely close to the router because I'm really dreading for the music video to suddenly freeze when I'm in the middle of screaming my head off," She laughed nervously and did hand gestures that emphasized the router not more than thirty centimeters away from her. "Usually, I'll preload the music video but since it's Bangtan, I have to watch it right away. You guys'll understand me, right?"

Her alarm clocks (yes, clocks) chimed from every inch of her apartment, making her scream for the nth time in that hour. Without any hesitations, her hand swatted towards her mouse, clicking on the 'refresh' button in less than a millisecond. 

"It's time," She breathed out and with shaky hands, she clicked on the thumbnail of the new music video. 

The familiar tune from the music video's teaser started playing, and Arin's eyes started to become watery. A bus came into view and halted, and out came Hoseok in a pair of torn jeans and a loose v-necked shirt. 

When Arin saw Hoseok, she let out an ear-piercing shriek again and hit on the spacebar, pausing the video. She made abnormal sounds that mankind never knew existed and burried her face in both of her hands. 

"Do you see his hair, guys?!" Arin looked up at her camera and groaned. "Styled up?! Seriously?!" 

After what felt like a decade, Arin finally started breathing normally again and she finally brought herself to press on the 'play' button. Hoseok tossed his bag over his shoulder and looked towards the right, his jawline clearly seen. Arin gasped and tried her best not to press on the spacebar again.

Jungkook came into view and the vocals started playing, which brought Arin goosebumps. Jungkook slung an arm around Hoseok and the camera shifted to a cafe, which was when Namjoon and Jin walked out while laughing. 

"Oh my god," Arin clasped her hand over and she tilted her head backwards to prevent her tears from dripping down. 

Namjoon's rapping came right after Jungkook stopped singing. The camera focused on a pair of shoes and slowly filmed up towards the member's face. When Arin confirmed that it was Taehyung, she slammed her fist on the space bar and yelled,"No!!" 

"I wasn't prepared," She threw both her hands up into the air and took deep breaths. "Why did they make his hair pinkish-red again? That was my weakness!" Arin groaned and made her signature abnormal sounds/groans.

Arin resumed the video and Taehyung's started singing, making Arin squeal. "Are you real?" Arin said out loud, as if Taehyung were to hear her. 

Taehyung pushed the camera to the left and Jimin was leaning against a wall with his hands ed in his pockets. Arin shrieked and pulled on her hair, trying to keep her calm. "He's blonde, guys. Who knew this day would ever come?" Arin laughed and fanned herself. 

Jimin started singing and Arin was biting on her fist. She vowed not to scream anymore because she just remembered that she had neighbours. Bangtan was making her an airhead. Yoongi came into view with his hair done up exactly like Hoseok's, but his hair was maroon. Arin threw her hands up in the air for the umpteenth time and sighed. 

"So their foreheads are making a comeback too, huh?"

Arin finished recording the video twenty minutes later, and she quickly transfered the video to her laptop to start editing it. She wanted to get the video up on her channel as fast as she could because she promised her subscribers she'll post it in less than a day. Plus, she needed to insert Korean subtitles to the video as she had quite a number of Korean subscribers. 

Rolling her neck, she stretched her hands before gulping down numerous glass of water as got sore from all the shrieking. 

"Let's do this," She nodded and started with her editing.

"Why did they make his hair pinkish-red again? That was my weakness!"

Taehyung started laughing hysterically. He laughed so much that he had to pause the video, clutch on his stomach and remind himself to breathe. His face became red and he tossed his head backwards, laughing even more. 

He pressed on his spacebar and the video resumed, and he watched it anticipatingly. Arin's signature abnormal noises sounded again and Taehyung laughed again. "How cute," He smiled and rested his left cheek in the palm of his left hand as he watched Arin react to the music video.

"Are you real?"

"Yes~" Taehyung grinned from ear to ear as he watched Arin watch Taehyung with open agape, totally in awe. 

Taehyung continued watching the video with a smile plastered across his face the whole time. Suddenly, his bedroom door swung open and in came Jimin with his iPad in his hand. He was laughing non-stop, too. He took the seat next to Taehyung and pulled out his earphones.

"Dude, you've got to watch this," The both of them said to each other at the same time.

They furrowed their eyebrows in confusion and took a look at each others' devices. "Oh!" They said in unison once again. 

"You were watching her video too?" Taehyung asked.

Jimin laughed and nodded,"She's hilarious."

"In a good way, though. Right?" 

"Yes! Yes of course," Jimin quickly agreed.

Jimin switched off his iPad and asked Taehyung to replay the video so that they could watch it together. The both of them paid attention to every word that came out of Arin's mouth, not missing anything she said. They were that engrossed with her video.

"She's really pretty," Both of them said in unison again, causing them to look at each other.

They shrugged it off as what they said was true, after all.

When Taehyung's part came, Taehyung eyes widened and he pai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter