SEVEN

A Miscellany of BTS Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Again

ft. Min Yoongi (Suga)

•••

*not proofread!

 

The moment you heard your mother's footsteps towards your room, your felt your heart pounding against your chest once again. You looked at your reflection in the mirror and sighed at what you were wearing. It was too much, you thought.

"It's almost time," Through looking at the mirror, you noticed your mother standing by the door with a huge grin plastered across her face.

You sighed for the umpteenth time that night and chose not to answer her. She didn't need to remind you; it only made you even more nervous. 

Your mother walked towards you and helped tuck a loose strand of hair behind your ear before squeezing your shoulders encouragingly. "You'll love him! I promise," She assured, but then again, you stayed silent. 

"Please don't tell me you're having second thoughts on this! You must attend the dinner with a clear mind, and a clear heart!" She added,"If this will make you feel better, remember that your father and I met through a blind date! And no words can describe how happy we are now."

Your shoulders deflated and you felt a hunch form on your back. "Once again, I agreed to go to this to make you happy, not to find a husband. Besides, I am way to young to be finding a husband," You said, making your mother pry her hands off your shoulders.

After checking on your makeup, you grabbed your bag and headed downstairs. When you were seated in the car, you felt adrenaline rush through your whole body but you tried not to show it to your mother by looking out of the window. Of course you were worried, it was a blind date! She heard a lot of horror stories from friends that blind dates usually don't go well, such as if the date isn't as good looking as you thought it would be, good looking but cocky, and so on. 

You jolted forward when your mother abruptly stopped in front of a tall bulding which looked like it was covered in nothing but glass. In each of the glass windows shone bright yellow light, which made the whole building seem as if it was the only light source of the whole stretch of road it was in. A  jumpy bellboy practically ran down the stairs to get to the car and open the door for you and before you stepped out of it, your mother reminded you to have a great time.

The bellboy led you towards the restaurant where you were then handed over towards a waitress who brought you to a private room which had the words "VIP" spelt out on the door in gold. You were in awe as you were walking towards the private room as the restaurant was humongous and all you heard were soft chatters, laughs and clinking of wine and champagne glasses. You totally felt like a daughter from a chaebol family.

The waitress helped push the door open for you and you straightened your back before walking in, thinking that your dare was already there. Surprisingly, he wasn't, which ticked you off just a little bit. 

Before you sat down, you caressed your dress and studied the cutlery on the table. There were more than a pair of forks and spoons, which you never knew was possible, and three different knives! You made a mental note just to use the biggest ones of all, to not embarrass yourself in an obvious way. 

You looked at your watch and noticed that fifteen minutes has already passed since seven, and you were starting to get impatient. "What kind of guy would be late for his first date?" You shook your head in disbelief. You had no doubts that you weren't going to like your date at all. 

Just then, the door swung open and in came a guy with dishevelled blonde hair and an absolutely handsome face which made you couldn't help but stare. "I-I'm really sorry for coming so late," he spoke, and you noticed that his voice was really deep.

"It was because I was getting you this," He pulled out a bouquet of flowers he was hiding behind his back and walked over to give it to you. 

You bowed instead of saying thank you because you were lost for words. You mentally scolded yourself for jumping into conclusions too fast and when you looked at him, he smiled and that was when you notice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter