EIGHT

A Miscellany of BTS Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Flip Phone

ft. Kim Seokjin

•••

 

 

 

Though the loud chirpy chatters and constant screams of the girls around you deafened your ears, you tried your best to ignore them as you took your books out from your locker. The ear piercing shrieks gradually became louder, hinting that he was walking towards your direction. 

You purposely took out textbooks you didn't even need so that you would have the chance to get a glimpse of him in the midst of people around you. Just as you thought you could, the crowd of girls had already swarmed around you, pressing your body against your own locker. 

Sure, you might be the luckiest person on earth to have a locker next to your crush, but having your shoulder blades crushed against your locker was a total no-no. 

You tried pushing your way out of the crowd, but it only resulted in being pushed back towards your locker. 

“Please make way,” you sighed and pushing your way through harder than before. 

“Why are you pushing me!” a girl whined and pushed on your shoulder really hard, making you fall down onto the ground right on your backside.

The loud chatters stopped and all eyes were on you. 

Suddenly, a figure squatted in front of you, and all of the girls were murmuring in envy. You couldn’t see who it was as the light shining behind the person was blinding your eyes. When your eyes finally adjusted, you noticed that it was him. He was squatting right in front of you with his hand stretched out, and you couldn’t even move an inch.

He smiled when he noticed that you were frozen, and grabbed your hand without asking and pulled you up. 

“Are you okay?” he asked, and you managed to nod.

“Everyone, I would prefer if you could give me personal space, in order to avoid injuries that may occur to yourself and even me,” he said after letting go of my hand, and walked off, not forgetting to smile, of course.

Kim Seokjin.

The campus’s heartthrob and the smartest in his major. Every girl wanted him and every guy wanted to be him. And yes, you were one of those girls who had a huge crush on him, but you were good in concealing your feelings unlike the rest.

The two of you actually grew up together in the same neighborhood but the both of you never exchanged words with each other, which is why you were certain that he didn’t know you, and that he never would. 

“Lucky,” one of the girls rolled her eyes at you before she sashayed off with her group of friends. 

You sighed for the nth time that day and walked towards the lecture theatre you were supposed to go to. 

“Hey, did you see this yet? It’s spreading like wildfire!” you heard someone whisper from behind.

You ignored them and continued jotting down notes, but the whispering didn’t stop and you found yourself involuntarily eavesdropping.

“Oh my god! A date with Jin? I’ve got to find it,” someone else whispered but it was loud enough for almost everyone to hear.

Your ears immediately perked up and you felt your heart racing. “What were they talking about?” you thought.

“Quiet! Everyone will hear you and our chances of finding the phone will decrease!” another voice said and a scoff was heard right after. 

“Too late! There are posters pasted all around campus about this. Besides, I’m going to get that reward money, and you’re not going to go on that meaningless date!” a guy spoke up. 

“Shut up Hyosang!” a girl boomed, and the lecturer turned back to shush everyone.

Just then, you felt your phone buzz in your pocket. You fished it out and saw that your best friend, Jimin, had sent you a picture through Kakao. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter