SIX

A Miscellany of BTS Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Uninterested"

ft. Jung Hoseok (J-Hope)

•••

♦"Valerie" is you! 

*not proofread!

 

I peered up from my book to get a glimpse of Valerie for the umpteenth time that hour and quickly burried my face back into it when she made a slight movement. As I looked up again, she was staring straight into my soul and I felt as if I was being into another dimension through her big, brown eyes. 

She was looking at me! Gosh, she was being so obvious!

I raised my hand to wave at her but instead of waving back, she picked up her books and pushed in her chair rather loudly before rolling her eyes at me and walking away. 

With a huge grin, I grabbed my bag and ran out of the library to find her. I managed to recognise her back easily in the middle of the sea of students because of her perfect loose, brown curls that fell right past her shoulder blades. 

"Hey! Wait up!" I pushed myself through the crowd. 

Valerie whirled around and as soon as she saw me, she spun back and started walking faster. I continued following her until she suddenly halted, making me almost trip over my own two feet. 

"What. Do. You. Want?" She growled through gritted teeth. 

"N-Nothing!" I suddenly felt small, though she was a head shorter than me. 

"Then leave me alone," She spat and walked away.

I grinned again and heaved a sigh. I felt a hand around my shoulder and I immediately knew who it was. 

"She's totally into me," I said.

"Jung Hoseok, are you mad? She just told you to leave her alone!" Namjoon released his hand from my shoulder to stand in front of me.

"Yes she did! That's why, she's into me! Isn't it obvious?" 

Namjoon opened his mouth to speak but closed it right after and pressed his lips into a thin line whilst looking at me worryingly. I scoffed at his expression, knowing what he was thinking. He was probably thinking,"She seems like she hates you." but what does he know? I'm Jung Hoseok, a second year psychology major! Psychology is the only class I score As in- wait, correction, the only class I actually pass - so who's the one that's best in sensing other's feelings and way of mind? Me. Jung Hoseok. But, she was being way to obvious I didn't even have to use my skills. 

"Though I don't study psychology like you, Mr. Mighty Smartass, I can tell you that she has zero interest in you. I'm sorry to say," Namjoon laughed.

"Valerie~" I cooed as I tapped a pen on her shoulder.

Before I knew it, she grabbed my pen without looking back and tossed it across the lecture theatre. Since everyone was engrossed with taking down notes from the lecturer who was infamous for talking too fast. 

"Now I don't have a pen to take down notes, thanks a lot," I said sarcastically.

"Since when did you even take down notes? And, what is this, the 15th century? What's the use of having a laptop when you don't use it to take down notes?" Valerie said past her shoulder. 

"Well, I watch really relevant things," I replied and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter