FOUR

A Miscellany of BTS Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Imbecile

ft. Park Jimin

•••

♦"Jang Miyoung" is you! 

 

 

I received the phonecall from Miyoung at exactly 10:09 p.m. She was stuttering, which made me even more worried. As I was seated on a bus that felt as if it was travelling 5km/h, a million of negative thoughts swarmed into my head. 

"Was she okay? Was she hurt? Did someone break into her apartment?" The last thought make my heart beat even faster. I was on the verge of jumping out of the bus and running and I could guarentee that I'll reach there faster than the bus.

Two stops away from Miyoung's apartment, I groaned and rushed out of the bus after I made a mental reminder to complain to the bus' company to make buses go faster. I started running as fast as I could, not caring about the other people on the same street as I was. I might've pushed some of them down onto the ground or even dislocate their shoulder as I knocked into them but Miyoung was the only one I cared about at that moment. 

When I finally got to her apartment, the security stopped me for a while but I shoved the key in their face and yelled some unpleasant words which I do not wish to remember before running up the stairs. Though there were elevators, I decided to run up the stairs as I seemed to think that every modern invention ran slowly at that time. 

I felt as if I was in a drama when I heard my frantic pants for Miyoung and my loud stomps on each step to the seventeenth floor. When I finally got to the front of Miyoung's door, I slipped the key into the keyhole and yelled for her when I turned the doorknob.

"Why are you yelling?!" I heard Miyoung call out from her room.

I sprinted towards her room (almost tripping over her cat as I did so) and sighed in relief when I saw her sitting down on her bed with an over sized white shirt. Then reality slapped me right in the face and my cheeks flushed. She was seated on the edge of her bed, her legs clearly seen as she had both of them crossed and shorts that hardly covered anything.

I gulped and stared at my feet. She was ready, wasn't she? After three years of dating, she's ready, right? 

"Listen, Miyoung, you didn't have to sound as if you were in danger if you wanted to..."  I started and looked up at her but all she had was confusion written all over her face.

"If you wanted to..." I drawled.

There was a moment of silence until she snorted and burst out laughing. This time, I was the one that was confused. 

"What were you thinking, Jimin?" She managed to say in between laughter. 

I felt a hot sting on both my cheeks and it then spread all the way to my ears not long after. Miyoung stood up from her bed and started walking towards me, but I couldn't even look at her in the eye. I was way too embarrassed. 

"I was in the middle of showering and water suddenly stopped flowing, which explains why I was stuttering, since I was freezing," Miyoung explained, which made me even more embarrassed.

"I-I'll go try to fix it now," I squeaked and tried my best to not trip over anything as I walked into the toilet and locked the door behind me. 

I leaned my back against it and gritted my teeth to prevent myself from not screaming for being such an imbecile. Why did I even think of that? 

Running my hands through my hair and grabbing them, I tried to calm myself down before making my way to the shower. I tried turning it on but water didn't come out from it at all. I tapped on the shower head a few times and only a few droplets dripped out from it. Then, I tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter