THREE

A Miscellany of BTS Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cake and..Screams?

ft. Jung Hoseok (J-Hope)

•••

♦"Park Jiah" is you! 

 

 

"Alright, I just have to place this cake into the preheated oven for thirty minutes and I'm done!" I picked up the cake I was working on and brought it towards my oven. A few bits of the cake fell off from the side, but I'm sure that it was normal for that to happen, right? 

Ignoring the fact that my cake was falling apart as I was walking towards the oven, I pinched on the side of the cake and tasted it. It tasted better than I thought that it would be! This was a miracle!

As I pulled open the oven, a gush of steam greeted both my arms and face, causing me to jump backwards. I practically threw the cake in and shut the oven with my foot right after. Beads of sweat were already trailing down from the temples of my forehead and I figured that it was from the steam and the batter mixing from earlier. My arms were also throbbing as I put in a 110% in mixing and rolling earlier. I never knew cake making was so tiring. 

"Hoseok? What are you doing in there?" I heard Jiah's voice call out from outside.

What was she doing here so early? She was suppose to be here in another hour! 

I heard her footsteps walking towards me and my eyes widened as I looked at the cake which was still baking in the oven. When Jiah walked in, I pressed my back against the oven without thinking twice. The heat from it was scorching my back and as Jiah inched closer towards me, I plastered my back against the oven even more.

"Hoseok what are you--OH MY GOD!" She shrieked before grabbing my hands and pushing me aside. 

I swirled backwards and noticed that smoke was coming out from the oven. A split second later, smouldering fire flickered from the edges inside of the oven. Jiah and I both screamed and ran towards the fire extinguisher. Jiah held the fire extinguisher while I pulled the pin and squeezed the handle. We sweeped it side to side and the fire died off. 

Both of us were sweating and we were breathing abnormally fast. Jiah let go of the fire extinguisher and hit on my arm as hard as she could. 

"What were you thinking?!" She yelled, hitting me again.

"I-I was baking," I looked down at my feet, not able to look her in the eye.

"BAKING?!" She parroted. "Since when did you bake?!" 

"Since it was your birthday, I wanted to do something special for you," I replied and she immediately stopped questioning me. 

Jiah sighed, stepped closer to me and hugged me. The top of her head perfectly reached the bottom of my chin, making us enjoy every moment we hug. 

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to make you happy," I was on the verge of sobbing in front of her. My so called genius-like plan was ruined, and I almost set my house on fire. 

"Don't say that, you know that your presence is what makes me happy," She tip toed and kissed my nose. "I should be the one that's sorry. I think I slapped you too hard, didn't I?" She rubbed on my right arm and laughed nervously. 

I laughed with her and wrapped my arm around her waist,"Let's go make today your best birthday."

Jiah hopped down from my motorcycle and took off her helmet before her jaw dropped open in awe. She turned towards me and gave me a bone crushing hug, stumbling me backwards. 

"How did you know that I wanted to come here?!" She pulled back and before I knew it, she was dragging me towards the entrance.

Once we got in, she never let go of my hand. Our fingers were interwined, and as she pulled me along with her, she would constantly look back at me with a gorgeous grin across her face. I could see her eyes sparkling with anticipation as she gasped at all the rides in front of her which made my heart do leaps inside of me. Seeing Jiah happy was all that I could wish for. 

We would be in a queue for a ride for around a minute, but then Jiah would drag me away to another ride as she couldn't stand the wait. Her indecisiveness was another hint that she was overjoyed and excited, and I couldn't help but laugh at her. 

"Let's go ride the pirate ship!" She suggested and I gazed up at the pirate ship which was rocking back and forth. Graduall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter