Run!

Unexpected Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three Weeks Later

Waking up to a very quiet and peaceful morning was what I longed for the longest time. When I first moved in, it took me a few mornings to used to peace and quiet. Now it seemed so normal, I liked it that way. Plus I would always wake up to the smell of breakfast being cooked.

No matter how times I would tell Myung Hee not to cook breakfast every morning, she just wouldn't listen. At the same time I appreciated the fact that she thought about me. I slightly smiled as I put both my hands behind my head as I looked up at the ceiling.

I was still in bed and I had no intentions of getting out because it was our day off, but it seemed like there was something missing. I thought about it for a moment and then I realized that there was no smell of cooking at all. That struck me as weird.

Pulling the covers off my body, I swung my long legs over to the edge to slip on my house slippers. I pushed myself up and made my way towards the door. Slowly I turned the door knob and opened the door. I tried to walk out quietly but my footsteps were loud.

Making my way to the kitchen, I peeked around the wall but Myung Hee wasn't there. There was no sign of her. I looked at the fridge and there was no sticky note or anything.

Did she leave and forget to tell me?

I looked over to the clock on the stove and it was 9:40 A.M. I scratched my head in confusion as I sighed and placed my other hand on my waist.

Turning around to go back to my room, I passed Myung Hee's room I heard a muffled coughing. I stopped dead in my tracks and looked at the door.

She can't be sick right?

I gulped as I went to her door and knocked softly. "Myung Hee, are you inside?" I said through the door.

"N-Ne," she rasped as she started coughing some more. My eyes widened and I opened her door.

"Are you sick?" I asked.

She looked at me as if that wasn't the most obvious thing.

"Well I mean... yeah," she said trying to hold back the sarcasm.

I rubbed the back of my neck embarrassed. "Did you take any medicine or something?" I looked over to her night stand that was covered in tissues and a box of medicine was sitting there.

"Yeah but I couldn't sleep all night," she said looking down as she played with the tissue that was in her hands.

Gulping, I felt guilty because I had slept like a baby while my roommate was suffering.

"Here I'll make her some porridge. What kind do you like?" I offered

"Seogogi-yachaejuk," (Beef and vegatable porridge)

"Oh," I wasn't too sure how to make that, but I was willing to try.

"It's okay. I'll make it," she said as she started to get up.

"No really I can-"

"It's okay. I got it," she said as she started to cough again. I rushed over to her to make sure she was okay.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah I am-" she stopped as she seemed to be in deep thought.

"We don't have lean beef do we?" she asked looking up at me.

"I don't know," she was the one that was always cooking and buying the food. So I didn't know anything.

"You can drive right?" she asked me. "Yeah I can. But I don't have-"

"I have a car. Let me shower and get dressed," she said as she went over to her bathroom.

"Right me too," I said as I turned to leave her room and go towards my own to get ready.

 

"Which super market do you want to go to?" I asked as I was driving her car. She actually had a really nice car, but I was surprised that she barely used it. From what she's told me is that she walks to work, because it's a little faster in her opinion.

"Hmm just the local one," she said as she sneezed.

"Bless you,"

"Thank you," she sniffed as she grabbed some tissue from her purse before pulling out a small bottle of hand sanatizer. Womens purses are always going to be a  mystery to me. I never want to know what they are hiding in there.

"Hopefully I don't get sick," I joked as I came to a stop at the red light.

She glared at me as I chuckled. She was actually being really cute despite her being so sick.

Wait what am I thinking?

I tried to gather my thoughts, but soon the light turned green and I advanced down the street.

"As long as you don't come to close contact to me," she said as she tried stopping her runny nose.

 

Once we arrived at the supermarket, I made sure I was wearing a black cap with my black mask. I took off my sunglasses because it would be weird if wore them inside.

Myung Hee grabbed a cart and I followed behind.

"Since we're here, we can grocery shop. We are running dangerously low on food," she said as she started grabbing a few things.

"Alright," I shrugged as I looked around. I really hoped no one recognized me because then it would end in disaster.

"Did you want anything specific?" she asked as she pushed the cart down the fresh produce aisles.

"Hmm no," I shook my head.

She nodded her head and continued down the aisle.

"You like this right?" she would ask me from time to time as would stop and look at a few things.

We had stopped by the coffee section and she was trying to reach a coffee can that was on the top shelf but couldn't reach it.

"Aish why did they move it up there!" she whined as her fingers barely grazed the can. I chuckled a little as I went over and got the can for her.

It reminded me of that one time that she was reaching for the glass back at the apartment. The only difference was that was I actually here this time. We locked eyes and I could feel something but she broke it as she looked away with a flushed face.

"H-here," I said bringing the can down and handed it over to her. She placed it inside the cart and continued to move along.

As we reached the meat section she got a coughing fit and it didn't seem like it was going to stop anytime soon.

"Are you okay? Do you want some water?" I asked as I didn't know what to do to help her.

"I... got... some... water," she tried saying as she coughing endlessly. She dug through her purse to pull out a bottle of water. That proved my point of never understanding women's purses. For all I know, she could be hiding a sword or something, but I wasn't about to question that. Not at the moment at least.

She drank some water and it seemed like her coughing fit was subduing a little bit but I was still worried about her.

"Are you sure that you're okay?" I asked again just to be sure.

"Y-Yeah I think so," she rasped as she screwed the cap back on and placed her water bottle back in her purse.

She ordered the meat that she wanted and we went on our way to the rest of the sections in the supermarket.

We were about to pay when someone came up to me.

"Ummm you look familiar. Are you perhaps an idol?" she asked me.

I pointed to myself and didn't say a word. Myung Hee looked over at me with wide eyes. "Y-you must be mistaken. He's my um... boyfriend. He gets that a lot," she said quickly as sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter