Getting To Know...

Unexpected Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A Few Days Later...

I had woken up to the smell of food cooking. I yawned as I pulled the covers off of me, and swung my long legs over to the edge of the bed to slip on my house shoes. I stretched my arms out as I yawned again and pushed myself off of the bed. I sluggishly made my way over to the door.

I slowly opened the door and peeked my head out and looked down both ends of the hallway. I craned my neck to see if I could see the kitchen but nothing. Sighing I opened the door even more and walked out.

Last night was really awkward after everyone else had left. Myung Hee and I had sat in silence for the longest time before deciding that we should go to bed. At first, I couldn't sleep the whole night, but after listening to some music I was able to fall into deep slumber.

Hopefully she was able to sleep...

Wait what am I thinking? I shook my head as I made my way over to the kitchen. Myung Hee had her back to me as she stood in front of the stove. Whatever she was cooking smelled really good.

"Good Morning," I rasped in my morning voice as I ruffled my hair a little. I saw her jump slightly before turning around and giving me a weak smile.

"Morning," I nodded my head because it was getting awkward again. I grabbed my right wrist as I just stood there in the archway of the kitchen.

She too nodded her head as she turned back around to tend to the food.

"What... what are you cooking?" I asked as I craned my neck to look over her shoulder.

"I hope you like pancakes, eggs, and bacon," she said as I saw her flip a pancake over.

"I sure do," I smiled widely. It's been a while since I last had an American breakfast, so I was looking forward to it. Plus this was the first time in a long time that a girl was cooking me breakfast. The last one being my mother...

"I'll be done soon. You don't mind waiting a little longer right?" she asked as she glanced over.

"No. I actually have to shower first... so I'll be right back," I said as I bolted out the kitchen and to my room.


Once I had showered and helped out to set the table. Myung Hee brought the plates of scrambled eggs, bacon, and pancakes over and set them in the center. She had even roasted coffee.

It all smelled so delicious and it looked just as good.

"You can serve yourself," she said as she sipped on her coffee.

"Thank you," I slightly bowed my head before grabbing a little of everything, she had made a lot.

"I'm sorry if I made too much. I'm used to it," she shyly remarked as she too served herself.

"It's fine,"

We were eating peacefully. It wasn't too awkward like before... but the awkwardness was still there.

"So..." I said as I set the knife and fork down. It actually felt weird because I got used to eating with my hands or with chopsticks.

"Hmm?" she looked over as she took a bite out of her pancake.

"So, I was wondering, if you had any kind of apartment rules or something?" I shyly asked. The awkwardness was setting in again.

I heard her giggle a little before she set her utensils down and took another sip of her coffee.

"No. I was going to discuss that with you. I don't really care what you do. I already know you're not going to bring friends over other than your members. I'm definitely not bringing my friends over, because of who you are.  I actually don't really have friends, so don't worry about me opening my mouth about living with an idol. Yeah sure... it's like a dream come true and everyone wishes they could be in my position, but I don't want to ruin this. I guess I'm being selfish in a way. The only thing that I do ask, is to just stay out of my room, and I'll do the same. Unless we give each other permission. Also no girlfriends or boyfriends over, " she smiled.

I was actually a little touched about her not telling anyone, but at the same time, I felt bad that she didn't have any friends.

"Don't worry about girlfriends. I don't have one. Do you... have a boyfriend?" I asked. Mentally I was hoping she would say no. I don't know why, though.

"No," she shook her head. I cheered a little inside.

"Oh," I said as I lifted my utensils up again and started eating.

Once we were finished I helped her wash the dishes. We talked some more and got to know each other a little more. But before long... the doorbell rung.

"I got it," I said as wiped my hands with the hand towel that was hanging on the oven and went over to the monitor to see who it was. I pressed a button to turn it on and I was even surprised who it was.

I sighed.

"It's my members. You don't mind if I let them in right?" I said. I really hoped she said yes. So I wouldn't have to let them in.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter