Chapter 09

Insurrection

“What does that rebel mean by the truth? Do you guys have any idea about what he’s even talking about?” Niel groaned as he rubbed his sore shoulders. He had a few bruises decorating his skin because of how Minsoo had kidnapped him. 

“He said something about the truth of our wealth and how dirty it is. I’m guessing he means the politics and the corruption that happens in the companies. I used to hear my father talking about all the corrupted officials in the government.” Ricky whispered as he sat up against the wall. It was the first time that he had company in months and he was glad that he was already friends with them before his kidnapping.

“What should we do? I don’t think Chunji is kidding about killing us. He seems like he wants revenge against the elites.” Byunghun just sighed as he ran his hands through his hair. He was trying to think his decision through, but he knew that he only had one real choice.

He was going to join the rebels. Even though he had been kidnapped by the rebels, Byunghun had a strange feeling that they were actually doing the right thing. He was definitely betraying his parents by doing this, but at this point, he had no other choice. He just wanted to know the truth.

“I’m joining them.” Ricky said, looking over at the two older elites in the cell. He wasn’t surprised when Niel yelled in protest.
“Changhyun! What are you thinking?! You will get disowned by your family.” The brunette exclaimed, his eyes wide with surprise. 

“Call me Ricky, please. Besides, I was kidnapped so long ago. Do you think my parents think that I’m still alive? For all I know, they probably made my brother the heir. I highly doubt my family’s company is even still wealthy.”

Byunghun frowned when he heard Ricky speak, but he made no move to voice his own opinion. He already knew the circumstances of Ricky’s family. The company ultimately failed, but because of Byunghun’s father, it was able to start anew. Byunghun’s father had bought the company of Ricky’s family and that was the only reason why it was still operating.
Niel, on the other hand, was the complete opposite of the other two elites. There were tears still evident in his eyes and he looked absolutely frightened. 

“Hyung, what will you do? I just want to go back home.”

“I will help the rebels. This is the only real choice we have. Besides, I need to know what they mean by the truth. Chunji has been being mysterious ever since I got here and I need to figure out why. I feel like I’ve met him before.” Byunghun replied, staring up at the ceiling. 

“Where did you go recently, hyung? I’ve been alone here for a few days.” Ricky asked as he glanced over at the oldest elite.

“Chunji took me to his old mansion. I think he used to be rich, or maybe he used to be an elite. I’m not really sure though.” 

“He used to live in a mansion? Maybe he used to be an elite when he was younger. He does seem like the type.” Ricky said, staring over at the locked door of the room. After being held captive for months, Ricky realized how different Chunji was compared to the other rebels. He spoke with such eloquence that Ricky believed he was well educated. 

“What do you mean by that Chang Ricky?” Niel asked, feeling slightly curious about the handsome rebel.

“What I mean is, Chunji seems to be quite educated about the lives of elites. Also, he’s incredibly smart and has a way with words that just makes him seem sophisticated. I’m not saying Minsoo and Jonghyun are idiots, but there’s something about Chunji that makes him a whole other level.” Ricky explained. Byunghun nodded his head, supporting Ricky’s notion.

“Ricky’s right. Chunji is definitely not normal and he’s totally different compared to the other rebels. I want to know the truth about him and the elites.” Byunghun said, sighing softly.

“What truth is there? I barely pay any attention to my family’s company anyway.” Niel groaned and lay himself on the floor, feeling frustrated. He just wanted to go home.

“I guess we’ll have to just wait and see what happens. We don’t have any other choice.” Byunghun replied, staring up at the ceiling. He tried his best to think about what exactly he knew about Chanhee. Chanhee seemed to be the only piece out of place. Minsoo and Jonghyun were typical rebels, but Chanhee acted as if he had another goal entirely. 

“How have you been treated lately, Ricky?” Neil asked, glancing over at the younger elite.

“I get ignored by everyone except for Jonghyun. He’s the one that usually gives me my food and stuff. He’s okay, I guess.” Ricky replied as he lay down on the small bed in the corner.

“I wonder what their final goal is. I mean, do they just want to take down all of the elites? Or is t something more than that. The rebels seem to be much more complicated than the Council thinks.” Niel said and Byunghun merely chuckled in reply.

“Maybe we will never know.”

--

It has been SO LONG since I have updated any of my fics! I am so sorry for the wait. Some things have happened (I moved to another country!) but now I should be back for good. This was just a short chapter before I move on to the actual plot of this story. Get ready for some plot twists and broken hearts!
Sorry for an grammar or spelling mistakes!

P.S. Follow me on Twitter @093LINE ! I would love to chat with the readers!