Chapter 05

Insurrection

Byunghun’s mouth went dry as he tried to speak, but all he could do was stare blankly at Ricky who appeared to have a sympathetic look on his face.

“What do you mean my best friend? I have never had a best friend before!” Byunghun cringed at the sound of his own voice breaking a bit. It was a sign that he was becoming too emotional.

“You are not allowed to tell him any more information, Ricky.  Just drop it for now.” Chunji said, staring at the younger boy who nodded in return.

Taking out his cellphone, Chunji quickly dialled a number and waited for an answer which came moments later. 

“Jonghyun, it’s time for the interrogation. Come back to the cell for Ricky and tell Minsoo hyung that I am taking Byunghun into the back room. We have to separate these two in order to get what we want.” The rebel ended the call and took a step closer to Byunghun, grabbing his wrist and pulling forward.

“You will be coming with me. I am sure Minsoo hyung has many things to tell you. Also, if you try to run away, I will not hesitate to shoot you, Byunghun. So please, do not test my patience with you.” Chunji smirked indifferently, before nodding towards Ricky’s direction.

“Jonghyun will be coming for you in a few minutes, Ricky. Try not to piss him off this time, okay?”

Chunji dragged Byunghun towards the door and the elite knew better than to fight back. He had a strange feeling telling him that Chunji really would shoot him. Leaving the room, Byunghun turned back to see Ricky waving his hand to say goodbye. Even as the door was left wide open, Ricky made no move to try to escape and leave the room. Maybe it was true that Ricky now sided with the rebels, but in Byunghun’s mind there must be valid reason as to why.

Shaking his head, Byunghun silently let Chunji lead him down a hallway. They walked on and on for what seemed like hours before finally stopping in front of a large metal door that had various types of locks. Byunghun glanced at the door and could see that it needed at least three keys in order to open.

“Ah, I told Minsoo hyung to change these stupid locks.” Sighing, Chunji let go of Byunghun’s wrist to search through his pockets for the keys. Looking down, Byunghun could see that same gun holster was still attached to Chunji’s hips. That is when memories of their first encounter suddenly flooded his mind. He could remember seeing the gun holster for the first time and also the sensation of Chunji’s lips against his own.

“Chunji, why did you kiss me when we first met?” Byunghun could feel his face heat up with embarrassment as he asked the rebel, his heart speeding up for a moment as Chunji began to laugh.

“Actually, I’m not sure why I even did that. I guess I just felt like it.” Chunji smirked as he finally unlocked the door. He grabbed Byunghun’s wrist and pulled him inside the small room that was similar to the interrogation room of a police station. Chunji pushed Byunghun towards the chair situated in the center of the room and the elite took his seat wordlessly.

“Here’s the deal, Byunghun. I expect you to answer everything that is asked, understand?” Chunji stood in front of Byunghun’s seated figure, crossing his arms in front of him.

“If you cooperate with us, I will spare your cute little friend Ahn Daniel. Actually, he is supposed to be the next person on our list to kidnap.” Byunghun’s eyes widened slightly and he glared up at Chunji, who disregarded it completely.

“And if you are extra nice, I will be sure to kiss you again.”  Chunji could not help but smirk at Byunghun’s surprised expression that was soon followed by a blush.

“Stop flirting with the enemy, Chunji. You know better.”

Byunghun turned his head to face the door, eyes widening as he was greeted by one of the rebellion’s leaders. He recognized him from the protest that he had attended a few days ago. He did not seem to be so malicious up close, but he still did not look that friendly.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Minsoo. I’m sure Chunji’s already mentioned my name a few times. I’m the leader of the rebellion in this part of the city.” Minsoo approached Byunghun slowly and Chunji backed away, slowly making his way to the corner of the room to observe the two.

Chunji watched as Byunghun visibly tensed up in his seat, obviously feeling nervous at the sight of Minsoo. He could not blame Byunghun for feeling a bit anxious when faced by Minsoo. Maybe it was the tattoos decorating his arms, but Minsoo did seem to have an intimidating aura surrounding him. However to Chunji, Minsoo was nothing but a harmless puppy that had an irritating bark with no real strength in his bite. Minsoo was big with his words, but his actions were soft, in Chunji’s opinion. Throughout the years that they have been comrades, it was safe to say that Chunji had been more physical and violent than the leader of the rebellion, who merely used his words to get things done.

Then again, Minsoo had no reason to be violent with all the elites. Chunji was the one with the real problem.

“So, you’re the heir to the Lee-MediTech company, right?” Minsoo stared down at Byunghun who just nodded silently, waiting for the next question.

“Your father was the one that made the decision to buy all of the other smaller medication companies, correct? Or did that Committee encourage him to?” Minsoo chose his words carefully, glancing at the other rebel in the room through his peripheral vision.

Chunji grit his teeth, waiting for Byunghun’s answer. The elite took a few moments to think of this answer before opening his mouth to speak.

“N-No, it wasn’t my father’s decision. It wasn’t the Committee’s decision either.” Byunghun said, looking down at the floor. His voice was full of shame and sadness.

“Whose decision was it then?” Minsoo continue to ask, stepping forward as he grabbed Byunghun’s hair with his hand. He roughly tugged on it, making the elite look up with a look of pain on his face.

“It was my mother! She wanted my father to get rid of the smaller companies! She thought it would be better for me because it would allow me to make more profit when I took over my father’s company.” Byunghun confessed, groaning as Minsoo continued to pull his hair. He could feel his neck beginning to strain at how forceful Minsoo was being with him.

“I should have known.” Chunji’s voice echoed throughout the room, causing both Minsoo and Byunghun to face him.

“Chunji, don’t do anything stupid just because you finally found out the truth.” Minsoo warned as he finally let go of Byunghun’s hair.

“I won’t, Minsoo hyung. I think I will just visit my mother to tell her what actually happened. Do you mind if I bring Byunghun with me? I already told him what would happen if he tries to escape or anything. My mother would probably love to meet him, now that I think about it.” Chunji smiled over at Byunghun, but the elite could see no happiness behind the smile. In fact, the smile seemed more unpleasant than optimistic.

“You try to escape and Chunji will kill you. Be careful.” Minsoo whispered his advice to Byunghun before nodding towards Chunji.

“Come back in a few hours, understand?”

Chunji watched as Minsoo finally left the room, sighing in relief once the leader was out of sight.

“Minsoo hyung can be so uptight sometimes. Anyway, come on Byunghun, follow me. We are going to go out but first we should change your clothes so that you don’t stand out too much.” Chunji gently nudged Byunghun off the chair and grabbed his wrist again, leading him out of the room and into the hallway again.

“Where does your mother live?” Byunghun tried to avoid eye contact with the rebel but it was nearly impossible to look away from Chunji’s captivating eyes. Something about Chunji’s eyes made Byunghun feel incredibly uneasy.

“You will find out eventually. You should probably borrow my clothes for now so that you don’t stand out. I want them back later.” Chunji stopped as he came face-to-face with a door, pushing it open to reveal a small room with only a small bed and dresser inside. Byunghun stepped towards the dresser and noticed that there was only one thing placed upon it.

A picture frame that had a photo of a family of four. A father, mother, and two sons.

It was easy to figure out that Chunji was one of the sons in the picture. Though the picture seemed to be years old already, Chunji’s face was still the same. Byunghun hated to admit it, but he definitely found the rebel to be attractive. He was just so appealing.

“Change into these. I’ll wait outside.”

Chunji handed Byunghun an old pair of jeans and a slightly ripped t-shirt before leaving the room. Byunghun stared down at the clothes with a mild look of disgust growing on his face. He never had to wear clothes like this before.

However, he still changed into Chunji’s clothes. He noticed that the pants were a bit long for him and his height, so he rolled them up to accommodate. He folded his clothes and left them on the bed, hoping to get them back later.

“I’m done.” Byunghun opened the bedroom door slowly and saw Chunji leaning against the wall, staring back at him.

“Alright. Let’s go.”

--

A/N: Another update! Since I’m so busy with school, I won’t be able to update until next week. So here’s another chapter to make up for that! Sorry for any grammar errors or misspellings~ And thank you to those that have subscribed and/or commented!