Chapter 03

Insurrection

Collapsing onto his bed, Byunghun let out an exasperated sigh and tried to bury his head underneath his pillows. Luckily, his father had not found out where he had went, but now Byunghun was contemplating on whether or not he should ask about Lee Chanhee. The name did not sound familiar to Byunghun at all, but perhaps his father knew exactly who that person was. Byunghun was nearly clueless when it came to the business partners of his father. He usually did not pay any attention at the meetings his father required him to go to. The business world was quite boring, in his opinion.

Groaning, Byunghun sat up and walked over to his desk to turn on his computer. Surely, he would find some information on the internet about who Lee Chanhee was. As the son of a wealthy business man, Byunghun had access to several records of elites in the city. So this meant that there was a possibility that Lee Chanhee would be listed in this data. These records would list things such as an elite’s age, birthday, company, and even personal facts and information. The committee used this data base to keep track of the elites within the city.

Byunghun hummed to himself as he pulled up the search bar for the data base. He typed in “Lee Chanhee” and waited a few moments, when all of a sudden, the entire screen of his computer went black. Byunghun moved his mouse around and even pressed random letters on the keyboard, but the screen still remained black.

“What the…” Byunghun whispered softly, even though he knew that no one else was in the room to hear him. He grunted and stood up, unplugging the computer before plugging it back in, successfully restarting it.

“That was strange.”

Byunghun waited for his computer to load, sighing in relief when the screen appeared to be back to normal. He opened up the data base once more and typed in “Lee Chanhee” into the search bar, hoping for some results this time.

It took a few minutes until the record of Lee Chanhee finally loaded in the data base. Leaning in closer to the screen, Byunghun clicked his tongue when he noticed that most of the information was missing. Besides his name, the only information listed was his birthday. There wasn’t even a picture available for Byunghun to see.

Name: Lee Chanhee
Date of Birth: October 05, 1993
Status: ?????
Affiliation: ?????
Company: ?????
Location: UNKNOWN

Byunghun scrolled through the page, letting out a frustrated groan. There was absolutely no information here for him to see. The only thing he knew now about this Lee Chanhee person that they were the same age. Maybe he was the son of the business part of his father’s? That was the only logical choice at the moment.

“Byunghun, it’s time for dinner.” Looking over his shoulder, Byunghun saw his mother at his door. He wondered how long she had been standing there before she called out for him.

“I’ll be downstairs in a bit.” He smiled reassuringly at his mother and she nodded, quietly leaving his room.

Byunghun took another look at Lee Chanhee’s record before closing the data base and shutting off his computer. He would ask his father about this for sure.

However, something else had started to plague Byunghun’s mind. Why did Chunji kiss him? Why would a rebel kiss a member of the elite?

It made absolutely no sense to Byunghun.

X

A pained whimper echoed throughout a dark room, followed by a soft chuckle. Chunji sighed when he heard the noise coming from the room as he was walking by. He frowned and kicked the door open, revealing one person on the ground and another person leaning against the wall.

“Jonghyun, leave Ricky alone. If you keep this up, you will end up hurting him to the point where he might actually die.” Chunji glared at the younger rebel with black and red hair, who was currently staring over at a motionless body.

“Sorry, I guess I got carried away.” Jonghyun glared down at Ricky, who groaned while attempting to sit back up. He looked up at Jonghyun and glared right back at him.

“Even though he’s a hostage, treat him with some dignity, will you? If the elites see his injuries, they might reject the deal. Ricky is still part of the elite and we are not trying to kill him, you understand?” Chunji scolded Jonghyun who merely scoffed in reply.

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say, hyung.” Jonghyun swiftly left the room, grumbling something to himself.

Chunji rolled his eyes and squatted down by the beaten boy. There were cuts all over his face and a bruise was beginning to form on his cheek. It seemed like he tried to fight back this time, only to receive a stronger beating from the other rebel.

“What did you say to him this time?” Chunji sighed and looked over Ricky’s injuries, a look of remorse appearing on his face.

“He keeps calling me Changhyun, even though I constantly tell him to call me Ricky. He doesn’t trust me yet.” Ricky looked over to the side and coughed up a bit of blood, in pain.

“I don’t trust you too, but I am willing to give you a chance. Nevertheless, you’re still a prisoner to most of us rebels, so don’t expect any respect from Jonghyun or even Minsoo hyung.” Chunji handed Ricky a handkerchief and the elite took it, holding it to his lips.

“Chanhee hyung, what happened to you? Why did you join these ruthless rebels?” Ricky looked up at the redhead with an innocent, yet puzzled look on his face and Chunji bit his lip, sneering at the younger boy.

Chunji reached out and grabbed Ricky’s collar, drawing him closer before landing a punch on the cheek that was already starting to bruise. Ricky gasped and fell to the side, grunting as he held his injured cheek with one hand.

“Never call me that ever again, you understand? Chanhee is dead to this world. You should remember that.”

Chunji glared down at Ricky before turning and leaving the room, making sure to lock the door. He quickly made his over to the room he liked to call “The Control Room”. It was where the leaders normally held their meetings and it also had most of the computers and maps stored in it. He knocked twice before opening the door, spotting Minsoo, the leader of the city’s rebellion, sitting at the table. He seemed to be reading an article in the newspaper.

A few years ago, the people struggling from poverty started to have meetings to discuss how to get funds from the elites, who had an overwhelming amount of money that was not being put to use. However, the top members of the elite, also known as "The Committee" did not like the idea of sharing their money with the impoverished people. To gain the attention of the elite, the rebels turned to violence and acts of delinquency. They just recently made a threat to kidnap the children of the committee members and now, all attention was on the rebels.

“Chunji, what happened at the protest earlier? Who were those two people you talked to?” Minsoo looked up from the article to glance at Chunji who smirked slightly.

“Ah, you saw? They were my new toys. Well, I’m only interested in one of them. You can have the other one if you want.” Chunji chuckled and sat across of Minsoo who merely shook his head in reply.

“Don’t go and fall in love in the middle of this rebellion, Chunji.” Minsoo glanced back at Chunji, his words strict and solemn.

“You don’t have to worry about that, Minsoo hyung. That particular emotion left me a long time ago.” Chunji glared at the leader who nodded, returning his focus to the newspaper article.

Chunji already knew that he could never fall in love ever again. There was no way he would let himself succumb to his emotions so easily. Now, he only cared about revenge.

Revenge was the reason he was still alive.

--

A/N: Yay! Another update! Please comment and/or subscribe and have fun reading? Also, sorry in advance for any grammar errors or misspellings~ And thank you to those that have subscribed and/or commented! I'm glad you guys are enjoying this as much as I am!