Chapter 08

Insurrection

“Byunghun is missing?!” A young elite shouted as he stood up abruptly from his bed. The butler in front of him cowered for a moment before nodding his head.

“Yes, young master. Lee Byunghun is missing. It’s been about a week since his parents last saw him. It’s suspected that the rebels are the cause.”

Niel’s eyes widened, frowning as he dismissed the butler. He sat back down on his bed and tried to think of the last time he saw his friend.

“We went to that protest at Liberation Square and we met… Chunji! Maybe Chunji’s the one that took Byunghun.” The teenager used his phone to search for any articles regarding the rebel known as Chunji. However, once he began to type in Chunji’s name, the entire screen went blank. Niel stared at his phone for a moment, feeling confused.

“Did I forget to charge it last night?” Niel tried to turn his phone back on, but it seemed like it was hopeless.

“That phone of yours is useless now.”

Niel gasped when he heard an unfamiliar voice, but before he could even respond, his mouth was covered by a cloth. He tried his best to scream and resist whoever was holding him, but his efforts were futile. His voice suddenly disappeared, along with his strength. It only took a few seconds until Niel’s eyelids came down and he was finally unconscious.

“Too easy.” The voice chuckled and picked up the elite, carrying him carefully as he climbed out of the window.

The operation would begin soon.

X

It was a rare occasion for Byunghun to have dreams as he slept. He didn’t find it strange, but he did feel almost empty without having dreams. He never had good dreams and he never had bad dreams. Everything was just blank to him.

So when he finally had a dream, it felt extremely vivid to him.

We’ll always be friends. Always.

Byunghun wheezed and sat up quickly as he awakened. He was covered in a cold sweat even though he didn’t use a blanket. The elite rubbed his eyes and tried to catch his breath. It was still dark outside which meant that it was most likely early morning. The mansion still remained quiet.

“I can’t even get out of this room to get fresh air…” Byunghun fell back onto the bed and stared up at the ceiling. He had probably only gotten a few hours of sleep, but at least it was something.

This was now his third day in Chunji’s former mansion. They had spent an extra day at the mansion for some unknown reason, but Chunji had kept the elite locked in the room. He had served him ramen for every single meal.

Needless to say, Byunghun was getting tired of ramen.

“I’d rather go back to the rebel headquarters. At least I’d be able to see Changhyun.”

“Then get up. We’re going.”

Byunghyun nearly fell off the bed when he noticed Chunji standing in the doorway, his arms crossed and a scowl evident on his face. The rebel looked annoyed, so Byunghun tried his best not to provoke him. He sat up from the bed and let Chunji lead the way back to the front door. All of the lights were off in the mansion, which made Byunghun’s vision a bit hazy. He stumbled forward once, but luckily Chunji’s back stopped his fall.

“You’re still as clumsy as ever.” Chunji said sarcastically, turning back to glance at the elite. Byunghun only blushed before he looked away. The rebel was teasing him.

“Where are we going?” Byunghun whispered as they approached the front door. Chunji made sure to grab Byunghun’s wrist before he opened the door. He didn’t want the elite to make an attempt at running away.

“Back to the base. You have a visitor waiting for you there.”

Byunghun stared at the ground as they finally left the mansion. He had no idea who Chunji meant by visitor, but he had the feeling that things were about to become much worse than ever before.

The two remained silent as they approached the motorcycle that was safely parked. Chunji once again helped Byunghun put the helmet on, and Byunghun took the opportunity to examine Chunji’s face.

He was fairly good-looking, Byunghun would admit. But something about Chunji’s gaze made the rebel seem extremely indifferent. It was like Byunghun was staring at a robot that only had one mission to accomplish.

And the problem was that Byunghun still didn’t know if he could trust Chunji.

“Don’t fall asleep on the ride back. We just need to get to base before the sun rises.” Chunji settled himself on the motorcycle and Byunghun sat behind him, wrapping his arms around Chunji’s waist.

As they began to drive away from the mansion, Byunghun tried his best to ignore the fact that he liked the way Chunji’s body felt against his.

x

"Did you already eat?" Jonghyun asked as he was walked Ricky back to his cell from the shower room. The prisoners were allowed to shower three times a week as long as a rebel would keep watch. 

Jonghyun always made sure to be the one on watch whenever Ricky left his cell. He hated the idea of another rebel being close to Ricky.

"I tried to. I managed to finish half of my meal this time." Ricky mumbled, sighing as they approached his cell. He didn't want to be separated from Jonghyun yet. 

However, both Ricky and Jonghyun paused when they noticed someone sitting in the corner of the cell. The body wasn't moving, but Ricky could see that the person was still breathing. 

"Who's that?" Ricky whispered as he stepped into his cell. The last time he shared his cell with someone was when Byunghun had arrived. 

"I wasn't informed that there would be another prisoner coming. Try to wake up that person, but be careful." Jonghyun replied, standing by the door. He watched as Ricky slowly approached the sleeping person and was surprised when Ricky gasped loudly. 

"Ahn Daniel! Daniel!"

Ricky quickly shook the body, trying to awaken him. Jonghyun continued to watch his lover, feeling curious about who the person was. 

The young man awakened moments later. He took a deep breath before opening his eyes. 

"Yoo Changhyun?" Niel whispered as he stared up at Ricky, who nodded quickly. 

"I'm surprised you still remember me. Are you okay? Does your head hurt?" Ricky helped the elite sit up against the wall and checked for any injuries. 

"W-Where am I? Who's that by the door?" Niel asked frantically when he noticed Jonghyun staring at him. 

"We're in the rebel base, Niel hyung. You were kidnapped by someone and I guess now we're hostages. You're lucky you're even alive." Ricky tried to smile at the frightened elite, hoping to comfort him. 

"Is my new toy awake now?" A deep voice called out, surprising everyone including Jonghyun. 

"Minsoo hyung..." Jonghyun mumbled before stepping aside to let Minsoo through. 

The tattooed leader nodded at Jonghyun before turning to stare at the two elites in the cell. He smirked and checked the time on his watch. 

"He'll be returning soon." 

Ricky wasn't sure exactly who Minsoo was referring to, but he had a feeling that it was Chunji. 

As if on cue, Chunji appeared from one of the hallways. He was holding onto Byunghun's wrist, but the young elite did not resist his hold. Chunji lead Byunghun into Ricky's cell and gently shoved him into the corner where Niel was seated. 

"Niel? What are you doing here?" Byunghun knelt down beside his friend before staring back at Chunji. 

"Why is Niel here?!" 

"We'll answer all your questions, Byunghun. But for now, I want the three of you to listen to me." Minsoo said as the three rebels entered the cell as well. They all kept close to the door as if they were a blockade. 

"You three are the key to this rebellion. We will show you the dirty truth behind your wealth. And we will be giving you two choices after we reveal the truth." Minsoo continued on, staring at the elites on the ground. Niel seemed very confused, but was silent. Ricky just nodded and Minsoo assumed it was because he somewhat already knew the truth. 

Byunghun, on the other hand, was a completely different story. 

"What truth?!" He yelled, turning to face Chunji. The rebel ignored the question and turned away. 

"You will learn soon. But as I was saying, you all have two choices from us." Minsoo said as he took a step forward. 

"It's either you join the rebels or Chunji kills you."

--

It's been almost a month since an Insurrection update! I typed this on my phone, so I apologize in advance for any grammar mistakes or spelling errors. 

Annnnd the operation is finally starting! Anyone have any guesses as to what the operation actually is? Hehe. 

Thanks for reading and subscribing! Leave a comment below and tell me what you think so far :  )

Follow me on Twitter! @093LINE