Chapter 10

Insurrection

“Do you really think we can convince those elites? Niel seems to be a bit… stupid.” Changjo asked as he swung his baseball bat around.

“Give the kid a break, Changjo. He’s just really confused.” Minsoo laughed and stretched his arms out. Kidnapping Niel was harder than he thought it would be, so he was a bit tired.

“They all don’t understand why the rebels exist. They’ve been sheltered their entire life and they don’t know anything about the truth of their wealth. I feel bad for them.” Chunji sighed as he looked down at the map of the city.

The rebels were planning an attack on the Lee-MediTech Company. It was Byunghun’s family business and it was one of the biggest and richest in the city. He was in charge of leading an infiltration attack.

“Ricky is already on our side. It’s obvious we won’t be having any problems with him. Byunghun, on the other hand, seems to be on the fence for joining us. We should probably just tell them the truth.” Minsoo said as he stood up. Chunji made a move to follow, but the rebel leader held up his hand, as if saying stop.

“No, you’ve been through a lot in the last couple days. I need you to clear your mind because you’re a main part of the infiltration attack. Go back to your room and rest. I need you in your top condition.”

Chunji frowned and nodded his head before leaving the room. He knew Minsoo had his reasons for keeping him away from the elites. However, he was too tired to fight with the rebel leader.

X

Minsoo and Changjo walked back over to the cell and unlocked the door. Niel was sleeping next to Ricky on the small bed in one corner and Byunghun was sitting in the other corner, still awake.

“Hey, wake up you two!” Changjo kicked Ricky in the stomach, causing the young elite to cough and wake up.

“Don’t hurt him!” Byunghun glared at Changjo who merely chuckled in reply.

“Shut up, pretty boy. Or else.” Changjo waved his bat around and Byunghun quickly quieted down.

“Alright. It’s storytime for you guys. It’s time for you guys to understand why the elites are horrible people.” Minsoo grabbed a chair and sat down, making himself comfortable. Changjo stood behind him, still holding onto his bat.

“Please, enlighten us.” Niel said as he stood up. He felt sore all over and he could care less about his current appearance. He just wanted the truth.

“We rebels exist because the elites have been taking away our land and our homes. They tore down our homes to build their fancy buildings and mansions. They are displacing the people that are of the lower class. Have you noticed how poverty has been increasing? And how the elites are still building their fancy skyscrapers? They are taking what is ours.” Minsoo said, his tone was very serious. He seemed calm, but Ricky could tell that he was upset.

“Also, the Council has been giving out rewards for the killings of the people in poverty. If they notice a homeless person loitering around a building of theirs, then they send out a notice for the immediate murder of that person.” Minsoo continued on, staring straight at Byunghun.

“Your father has ordered the most murders, Byunghun. He is paying for the killings of innocent people!” Changjo bursted out as he pointed his bat right at Byunghun.

Byunghun’s eyes widened and he stood up, shaking his head. He couldn’t believe that his father would do such a thing.

“Why would he do such a thing though? My father is a good man!” Byunghung yelled back with tears in his eyes. All of the information was becoming too much to handle.

“Your father is evil, Byunghun. He ordered the killing of Chunji’s entire family and you want to know why? It’s because Chunji’s family business was about to surpass his. Chunji’s birth name is Lee Chanhee, and he was originally the heir to the Lee-Pharmaceutical Company. You guys grew up together for a short five years before the Lee-Pharmaceutical Company began to rise.” Minsoo explained. This was the real reason why he didn’t want Chunji in the room. The only way to explain to the elites about the corruption their families were involved in was to expose Chunji’s past.

“This is what I meant when I said Lee Chanhee was your bestfriend, Byunghun hyung. You guys were inseparable before.” Ricky said quietly from the bed. He already knew most of the truth because of Changjo, but hearing it again just made his own heart hurt. He knew his family had done the same.

“Chunji’s mother and brother were murdered right in front of his eyes. Then his father ran off with what money they had left. He hasn’t been seen since. I have taken care of Chunji for the last thirteen years and his determination to get back at the elites is the strongest among us rebels. He’s out for revenge and so are we.” Minsoo stood up and dusted off his pants before walking towards the door of the cell.

“Now, I want you to think about your decision. Will you really support your murderous families? Or will you fight for what’s right? We’ll be back in an hour to hear your decision.”

Minsoo left the room with Changjo following right behind them. The door slammed shut and was locked from the outside.

“This can’t be true. None of this can be true! I don’t believe this.” Niel yelled, grabbing onto his hair tightly. He was so confused and didn’t know what to believe anymore.

“It makes sense though. The homeless people in the city have disappeared and the amount of rebels has increased. The rebels must be the people that have lost their home and land.” Ricky sighed, looking away from the other two elites.

Byunghun sat back in the corner, absolutely quiet. He didn’t know what to do.

All of this information was too much for his mind and his heart to handle.

--

And after almost a year, I have finally updated. I'm so sorry for the delay! I'll be updating weekly from now on.  Thank you for reading!
Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes!

Stay tuned for the next chapter!