Chapter 07

Insurrection

“I rarely visit this old house, so the furniture is all worn out and broken. You will just have to deal with it, understand?” Chunji glanced over to the elite that was sitting quietly across from him at the dining table.

Chunji kept a supply of ramen and freshwater at his old house just in case he wanted to visit his mother. It was a good thing he had enough for both him and Byunghun.

“What is this place?” Byunghun asked, his voice soft. He didn’t dare raise his head to speak to Chunji.

“I told you earlier, didn’t I? This is my former house. I used to live here, but now I stay at the base.” The rebel replied, feeling a bit annoyed at how curious Byunghun was becoming.

“But this place is huge… How could you even afford it?” Byunghun mumbled, staring down at his ramen.

Chunji merely laughed bitterly and didn’t reply. Byunghun could tell that it was best to shut his mouth now. The tension between the two young men was becoming awkward. They sat in silence as they continued to finish their food.

“We’ll be spending the night here, since it seems the rain hasn’t stopped yet. I’m guessing that the storm is heading towards the city.” Chunji said, looking out of the window.

For the first time that night, Byunghun raised his eyes to look out of the window as well. The dark clouds were rolling in fast, accompanied by heavy rainfall, thunder, and lightning.

“Are you afraid of lightning?” Chunji suddenly asked, still staring out of the window.

Byunghun shook his head and replied, “Not anymore… I got over that. Wait, how did you know that lightning used to scare me?”

The rebel smirked and shrugged, turning to face Byunghun.

“Who knows? Maybe it was just a lucky guess?”

The blond could only blush when he saw Chunji’s smirk and that didn’t go unnoticed by the rebel. He proceeded to lean in across the table, his face inching closer and closer to Byunghun who tried to lean back.

“I’m curious, Byunghun. Have you ever had any girlfriends? Or are you in an arranged marriage?”

Chunji’s smirk remained on his face as he watched the elite blush even more. It seemed like the poor boy was embarrassed.

“That’s a personal question! But… My answer is no to both questions.”

The rebel leaned back, feeling genuinely surprised at the answer he had just heard.

“But you’re a good-looking guy, so wouldn’t girls go absolutely crazy over you? Also, why wouldn’t your parents put you in an arranged marriage? I thought all elites were like that.” Chunji couldn’t help but ask multiple questions when his interest was sparked.

Plus, this would help him gain Byunghun’s trust.

“It’s c-complicated. My parents didn’t want me to push me to be unhappy in an arranged marriage.” Byunghun looked down and stared at his hands, unwilling to continue the conversation.

“Or maybe you’re just not into girls?” Chunji tilted his head to the side as he observed the blonde across from him. The elite was obviously becoming more and more embarrassed at all the questions Chunji was asking.

“What are you implying?” Byunghun whispered, glancing to look up at Chunji, who was still smirking.

“Oh, nothing. Don’t worry about it at all. Your uality doesn’t even matter to me.”  Chunji only chuckled before standing up, causing Byunghun to stand as well.

The rebel once again grabbed Byunghun’s wrist, leading him away from the dining room table. The two remained silent as they walked back towards the front door of the mansion. Chunji momentarily let go of Byunghun’s wrist to make sure that the front door was securely locked.

After checking the door, Chunji grasped Byunghun once more, leading him towards a staircase that went up to the second floor. While walking up the stairs, Byunghun had the chance to observe the architecture of the mansion.

The beauty of the mansion was something that caught Byunghun’s attention as soon as he walked through the door. He could immediately tell that the chandelier hanging from the ceiling was made out of pure crystal and gold. He also noticed that the second floor had amazing stain glassed windows that were obviously handmade. Byunghun was sure that when natural sunlight hit those windows, that an array of colors would be visible inside the mansion.

Though he hated to admit it, he was jealous of this mansion. Something about it felt so comfortable and antique. He really could not shake the feeling of having been there before.

“Since we’ll be staying the night here, I’ll let you sleep in a room. You’re lucky I’m not making you sleep on a couch or something.”

Chunji’s voice called Byunghun out of his trance and his eyes widened at the room he was led to.

There was a lock already on the outside of the door and that meant that he wouldn’t be able to open it from the inside.

“You’ll be staying here. As you can see, there’s a lock on the outside and only I have the key for it. This means that there is no way from you to escape from here. Don’t bother trying to use the windows as well. They are wired shut.” Chunji’s tone darkened as he explained the room. Byunghun could tell that this room was meant to be a prison.

But his question was, for whom?

“Just go inside and sleep. I’ll wake you in the morning.”

And with that, Chunji pushed the elite into the room without a second word. Byunghun sighed as he saw the door close behind him, the sound of the lock echoing in the room.

“At least I have a bed…” The blond said to himself as he took a few more steps into the room.

The room was a reasonable size that reminded Byunghun of his own room in his home. The walls were painted a pearl light lavender color. There was a queen sized bed that had white sheets that seemed as if they haven’t been touched in years. There was a small white desk in the corner of the room and as Byunghun approached the desk, he saw what appeared to be a child’s drawing that was accumulating dust on the top of it.

Even though it was poorly drawn, Byunghun could tell that it was a picture of two sons and a mother. However, what really caught his attention was the fact that in the corner of the picture, there seemed to be a man that was behind bars, as if he was in jail.

Byunghun just stared at the picture for a few moments more before shaking his head quickly. He didn’t have time to be solving mysteries.

The elite walked back to the bed and gently smacked it a few times, making sure to get rid of some dust that was gathering on the pillow.  As soon as he laid his body onto the bed, Byunghun could feel himself succumbing to sleep.

X

“Where did Chunji take Byunghun?”

Ricky’s voice rang out in the dirty cell as he glared at the rebel that was standing before him. He didn’t even receive an answer before a fist collided with his cheek.

“Is that all you even care about? All I’ve been hearing from you is ‘Byunghun this’ and ‘Byunghun that’. Just shut up already.” Jonghyun glared down at the elite who was wiping away blood that came from his newly split lip.

“Why should I stop caring? Are you jealous?” Ricky laughed even though he was in pain. He was able to predict Jonghyun’s reactions after being a hostage for a year.

“Yeah, right. Shut up, pretty boy.” Jonghyun could only attempt to glare even more when Ricky stuck his tongue out at him, mocking him,

“Make me.”

That was when Jonghyun’s patience finally ran out. He couldn’t handle when Ricky was disobedient with him.

The rebel grabbed Ricky’s collar, forcing him into a standing position against the wall. Jonghyun growled as one of his hands found its way to Ricky’s throat, holding him in place while almost cutting off his oxygen supply.

“When will you obey me? I could kill you.” Jonghyun said, his grip on the elite’s throat tightening.

Ricky gasped for air as both of his hands gripped Jonghyun’s shoulders. He was trying his best to breathe, but his airways were beginning to close because of how tight his throat was being held.

“But maybe I’m the fool for loving you.” The rebel whispered as he slowly began to loosen his grip on Ricky’s throat. He slowly leaned in, glancing into the young elite’s eyes before pressing their lips together. It didn’t take long until Ricky kissed him back.

They had started this cat and mouse game a few months ago. There was something about Ricky that was alluring to Jonghyun. It all began when Jonghyun was first assigned to watch over Ricky. Minsoo thought it was a good idea because they were both the same age. It made him believe that Jonghyun would be able to gain Ricky’s trust.

Unfortunately, their relationship wasn’t exactly the steadiest.

Jonghyun would be forced to beat Ricky when the other rebels were around. Nevertheless, Ricky still accepted him no matter what. Even though they were polar opposites, they still managed to fall in love with each other.

Sometimes, Ricky would be the one to ask for a beating. At first, Jonghyun thought it was a bad idea since he was scared of hurting Ricky. However, by purposely beating Ricky, the other rebels would be unable to see their relationship and also, Jonghyun would be able to maintain his status within the ranks of the elites.

But there was something about seeing Ricky covered in blood that made Jonghyun feel as if he was a complete monster.

After each session, Jonghyun would apologize over and over again. He would often sneak Ricky extra medicine just in case he was in pain. Ricky would only smile and laugh trying to reassure Jonghyun as he treated his own wounds.

Ricky was willing to risk anything and everything for Jonghyun.

X

It’s been a very very very long time since I have updated and I apologize for that. However, I am glad to present another update for Insurrection! It’s been a few months since I have even touched this story, but I hope this chapter makes up for my absence. Sorry for any grammar errors or misspellings~ And thank you to those that have subscribed and/or commented!

Stayed tuned to my next update!