"Do you want me?"

Amberella

Nicole was absent yesterday and I was worried sick that something might happened to her the day before when we were at the club. I sigh in relief when she steps in the class, looking unharmed today. She sits down at her seat before turning to look at me with a dead serious expression. 

"Y-y-yes?" I stutter because of how serious she looks.

"Where were you that night? I woke up yesterday morning in a hotel all by myself!" She glares at me. "You said you wouldn't leave." 

"I-I'm sorry, I was already at home without me knowing." I lie. "W-were y-you..." I glance at her nervously.

"No, I was in the bed fully clothed. When I asked the bartender, he said someone requested them to bring me to a hotel room because I was too drunk." She says with a shrug. Who might that person be? It can't be Krystal right? It’s probably some other client...

"Thank God, I was afraid something might happen to you because you were absent yesterday." I say while sighing in relief.

"You're worried?" She smirks and leans closer.

"Anyone would be worried." I lean away and she chuckles.

"Speaking of absent, where is that stupid barbie brat?" I snicker at that nickname and shrug. Krystal is kinda late today. Or maybe she's not coming to school after all. Just then, my phone vibrates and I pull out my phone and gulp at the caller ID. 

"Hello?" I answer softly. The teacher is not here yet, so I guess its fine to pick up my phone for a minute. The other line is quiet so I frown

“Joseph...." Her voice is raspy and weak. I feel a little worried and stand. Nicole looks at me with a brow raised and I point at the phone and mouth 'gotta talk outside'. I walk out of the class and walk along to the empty corridor.

"Are you okay?" I ask in concern.

"Come to my house..." She says weakly and ended the call. What the hell? After a few minutes, I receive a text with a home address. Without thinking, I leave school and hail a cab. After few minutes, we stop in front of a huge mansion. I pay the driver the fee before getting off the cab. I admire the huge mansion with my mouth agape. Wow, this girl is a princess huh? I was about to press the doorbell but I stop myself when I noticed I'm still wearing my school attire, Amber's attire. 

I run to the nearest boutique to get myself a pair of clothes. When I finish my Joseph disguise, I walk back to Krystal's mansion and press on the bell nervously. The gate opens a few seconds later and I meet Krystal's pale face after a few seconds. I catch her just in time before she collapse and carry her in bridal style into her house. She is so light and fragile...

"Woah, you’re having a high fever." Her skin feels really hot and she looks like she's suffering. Her house is huge as hell but there isn't a single soul other the us in it. "Is anyone home?" I ask. She shakes her head weakly. "Where is your room?" 

"Second floor, the first door you see..." I can barely hear her. I carry her to her room and place her gently on her bed. I need medicine and some cold water... I turn around to leave the room but halted when I feel her tugging the hem of my shirt.

"Don't go....stay... with...me..." 

"I'm not going anywhere princess." I take her hand in mine and kiss it. "I promise." I peck her forehead before going downstairs to get a bucket of cold water and a clean cloth. 

I check the cupboard and find some medicine for high fever. I go back to her room and dip the cloth into the bucket of cold water before squeezing it dry. I place the damp cloth on top of her forehead. 

"Krystal." I call out gently. She's fast asleep by the looks of it. I take the pill with some water in my mouth before bringing my lips to hers.

 

.............

 

"Joseph." I open my eyes slowly to meet a pair of brown orbs staring back at me.

"You're awake." I stretch myself and stand from the side of her bed. 

"Thank you, you've been taking care of me haven't you?" She says sincerely. 

"I guess." I scratch the back of my neck and grin. "Let me check on your temperature." I place my palm on her forehead. "Mmm, you still have a little fever." I say. "You'll be fine by tomorrow if you take the medicine wisely." I smile. 

"Okay." She nods her head like a child. How adorable.

"You're okay now, so I guess I should be leavi-"

"Stay with me." She pleads softly. 

"E-eh?"

"Stay with me tonight."

"I-I c-cant. My dad doesn't allow sleepovers." I say. "besides, your family should be home any minute. It'll be awkward.” And Jessica will definitely kill me if she sees me with her little sister. God knows how much she hates nerds.

“"No one is home tonight." She says while staring at me right in the eyes. "My parents are always away and my older sister is on a trip." Now I know why Jessica has been absent since Tuesday. "Please?" She looks at me with her puppyy eyes. Don't fall for it. Don't fall for it!

"Okay." I slap myself mentally for agreeing. You're doing this behind you cousin's back, remember! But I stop thinking about him when Krystal's eyes twinkle in happiness. I cook some porridge for Krystal in her kitchen. I feel a pair of arms wrapping around my waist and I jolt in shock. 

"Smells delicious." Krystal inhales deeply. I feel her warm breath on my neck, sending shivers down my spine. Think straight Amber. Think about Kris.

I chuckle nervously and push her away gently. She looks hurt for a minute before she recovers and sits at the dining table watching me cook.

"I don't know you can cook." She says teasingly.

"I cook for my family everyday." 

"Is that so? Your mother?"

"She died giving birth to me." I say bitterly.

"Sorry!" Krystal apologizes immediately. 

"Nah it's okay. It doesn't hurt that much since I've never seen her in real life before." I say before serving her a bowl of chicken porridge.

"It's good!" Her eyes widen and she give me a thumbs up. I chuckle and plop on the seat across her and start digging in my homemade porridge as well. 

"Let’s watch a movie." Krystal suggests and I nod slightly. "What would you like to watch?"

"Anything is fine for me." I say and she pouts. Krystal is acting oddly cute today. Does she always behave like this in her house?

"What movie are we watching?" I ask curiously as she plops herself on the couch next to me. 

"You'll see." She says with a smirk. Something is fishy about this. Then I get startled by a loud moan from the TV. My eyes widen in realization.

"I-Is t-t-this p-?" I ask incredulously while blushing like mad. She burst out laughing and I shake my head in disbelieve. I turn my attention back to the TV and gasp in shock. To my utter horror, it's not only , it is a lesbian for God's sake! I glare at her and she's still laughing her off. I hover over her and only then she stops laughing.

"Your face... priceless." She wipes a tear away with the back of her hand. I smirk at her and her eyes widen when I start tickling her.

"Eh?" I look at her confused when she didn't react the way I thought she would. She just looks at me amusingly with a smirk.

"Stupid, I'm not ticklish." I back away as she stands and approach me. "Looks like you are." I run away screaming hysterically and she chases me while laughing. I run into her room and was about to shut the door behind me but she is quicker and she burst into the room with a sly smirk.

"Don't come near me." I say while walking backwards. I hit the edge of the bed and fall back onto it. Krystal jumps on me and pins me down. 

"So Joseph, which part would you like to be tickle first?" She asks, her face dangerously close to mine. I turn to look at the other way and gulp. 

My eyes almost pop out of its socket when I feel Krystal's lips in my neck. What the actual hell?! She traces my neck up to my jawline and stops at the corner of my mouth. I swallow hard and blush furiously. No Amber, quickly push her off you. Remember, Kris! 

"Do you want me?" Krystal whispers seductively.

“I c-cant, K-Kris." I shut my eyes to regain my sane. 

"Right, your childhood friend." She sounds hurt. "But remember this Joseph, he's just a friend. I may be your other half. Are you willing to give up just because of your friend?" O-other h-half? "I like you, Joseph. If you kiss me now, I'll break up with him and love you with all my heart." My heart starts beating like crazy and my breath is rage. My heart is screaming for me to kiss her while my head keeps telling me not to betray my cousin. 

At last I give up and lean forward to connect our lips. She kisses me hungrily and we kiss like our lives depend on it. We break the kiss shortly after to catch our breaths. She pulls me into a tight hug, and I return it gladly.

Ding Dong!

Ding Dong!

“E-erm, I think you have a guest.” I say pushing her off me lightly. She nods, her cheek flushing red. Aw… is she blushing?

“I-I’ll go…” She stutters and I nod while grinning. She gets off the bed and rushes down the stairs. I follow closely behind her. I wonder who will visit at this hour. Her parents? My eyes widen but then realization hit me. Her parents don’t need to ring the doorbell idiot.  Friends? B-boyfriend? “K-Kris?” I hear Krystal mutters under her breath while staring out of the window.