"Are you checking me out loser?"

Amberella


"I-It's y-y-you?!" I shout and jump off the bed. Then I realize I'm not wearing anything so I craw back into the bed immediately and wrap the blanket around myself while blushing mad.

 

"You don't remember?" She raises her brow, her voice sounds hoarse. 

 

"I-I-I d-d-don't!!!" I say nervously. Did we do it? If we did it.... doesn't that mean we are cheating on Kris?! No!

 

"If you are wondering if we did it last night. Yes, we went all the way." She says, her cheeks turning rosy by seconds.

 

"B-b-but I'm a g-g-girl!" She thought I was a guy didn't she? If she discovered I'm a girl yesterday, why would she still d-do th-those... things with me?

 

"Yeah, I found out about it yesterday when we're at it." She smirks. "Not that I care." My eyes widen and my heart beats too fast I'm afraid it might explode anytime.

 

"B-but you have a boyfriend!" I point out and I instantly feel guilty about it. Kris. My mind keeps screaming out his name.

 

"So? You have a girlfriend too right?" She's probably referring to Victoria. 

 

"She's not my girlfriend." I say sternly. She raises a brow and eyes me skeptically. "That girl with me that day was my best friend." I say truthfully. "I'm not cheating on anybody." Krystal stares at me for a moment, before she sighs.

 

"I have to break up with him." She says and I look at her in shock. No she can't do that! Kris will be hurt. And he'll hate me if he knows it's because of me.

 

"Y-you don't have to!" I say in hurry. It’s not like you're cheating on him in purpose, you were probably drunk yesterday night right?" She looks at me, a flash of hurt in her eyes before she nods her head nonchalantly. "See, you and I were both drunk. And we are both girls, so that doesn't count as cheating right?" I reason out. 

 

"Why do I feel like you're trying too hard to convince me not to break up with Kris. Do you actually know him?" She eyes me suspiciously. I gulp and stutter bunch of bull nervously. She puts her palm up and stop me from blabbering. "Tell me, are you his friend?" I swallow the lump in my throat and nod.

 

"He's my childhood friend. " I can't say he's my cousin, she'll get suspicious. "And I care a lot about him." I say in all honesty. 

 

"I understand."

 

"What?"

 

"I will not break up with him." She says somewhat coldly. "But you'll have to give me your phone number."

 

“W-why?”

 

“Because you’ll be my servant.” She looks down at her fingernails.

 

“No way in hell.” I can’t believe she is this wicked.

 

“Well well.” She takes her phone from the bedstand and without warning, snaps a photo of me. “I’ll show this to Kris and tell him we slept together.” 

 

 

 

.........

 

 

 

I walk back to my house from the hotel. Its 3 a.m., I can still sleep for a few hours before going to school. I pull out my mobile phone from my pocket and stare at it. I can't believe I made love with my cousin's girlfriend. I feel very guilty. The least I can do to repay for the mistake I've done is to stop Krystal from breaking up with Kris. And to stop Krystal from telling Kris. She’s a cold hearted woman.

 

 

"From now onwards you'll be my servant. You'll come to me whenever I call you." Her words echoed in my head. That woman is truly a devil. 

 

 

 

"Amber! What happened to you?" Chanyeol touches my bruised cheek with his fingers and I yelp in pain.

 

"My father slapped me."

"What! What happened?" He asks in concern.

 

"I went home late, he got mad and slapped me across the face." I say bitterly. 

 

I see Krystal walking to my direction from a distance. I quickly turn around and sprint back to the class. I must avoid her as much as possible! Even in school when I'm the loser Amber Liu. 

 

"Krystal and Amber. And that's all for the pairings for biology. You have to hand in your report by this month. And do the reports on your own. I know all of your styles and I'll know if you copy or have someone else do your assignment." Our Bio teacher says before clapping his hands. "Get into your groups and start working on your project." I groan inwardly. So much for trying to avoid Krystal as much as possible. Krystal turns her chair and faces me with a glare. 

 

"Uhm, a-about the p-project." I avoid looking directly at her as I pass her the project sample. Our hands touched and I immediately pull my hand up. 

 

"Yes, Amber?" Our teacher looks at me with a brow raised.

 

"N-nothing s-sir." I say and smile nervously. I glance at Krystal, she is frowning at me with her arms crossed. "A-about t-the pr-project..." Geez, stop stuttering! Images of what I supposed happened last night keeps flashing in my head. 

 

"We'll do the project after school, at your place today." I stop the dirty thought going through my head momentarily. 

 

"W-what?"

 

"Shut up and start doing the work dork." She glares at me and I listen like a puppy. The bell rings an hour later, signalling the end of school. Students begin packing up their stuff and I shove whatever that is mine into my bag before standing up.

 

Kris comes into our class a second later and hurries to Krystal’s desk. He glances at me and grins before wrapping his arms around Krystal. I look at my feet and start walking out of the class.

 

“Where do you think you’re going.” I stop on my tracks when I hear Krystal’s voice. I turn and look at the couple. I ball my fist when I see Kris’s arm around Krystal’s waist.

 

“H-home?”

 

“Well, you have to wait for me so I could got home with you right?” Krystal rolls her eyes in irritation.

 

“Wow, why are you visiting my cousin’s house?” Kris chimes in.

 

“Project.” Krystal answers flatly before pushing Kris away slightly and walks to me. “Let’s go loser.”

 

 

 

…………..

 

 

 

I shift around my seat nervously while glancing at Krystal who's focussing on doing the project. It’s my first time being so close to her as Amber. I'm so nervous I swear I sweat a river today. We hear a knock on the door before Donghae and Jonghyun comes in the study room with snacks in their hands. 

 

"For you babe." Donghae places the cookies on the table and smile mischievously at Krystal.

 

"My y bae wants potato chips instead, right?" Jonghyun says while handing the bags of chips to Krystal. Donghae shoves Jonghyun away and grabs the chips away.

 

"My cookies are better." Donhae say and tosses the chips back to Jonghyun.

 

"You kidding? Krystal doesn't even like cookies." Jonghyun snaps and glare at his brother.

 

" off, Krystal prefers me over you, you ugly head." Donghae scowls.

 

"Excuse me? FYI we have the same face." 

 

"Get out." Krystal's cold voice shuts them up. "We’re working on a project here. Your existent stops me from doing it, get out." She glares at the twins. They sprint out without saying another word and close the door behind them quietly. I laugh silently to myself at how pathetic my brothers looked just now. 

 

"What's so funny?" Krystal glares at me and I stop laughing immediately. 

 

"N-nothing." I purse my mouth together and look back at our project. After a minute or so, I glance back up. Krystal is so beautiful when she's normal. Krystal catches me looking and I look away immediately while blushing.

 

"Are you checking me out loser?" Her voice sounds seductive. I adjust my glasses nervously and clear my throat.

 

"N-no, I j-just w-w-wanted to ask a-about the project." Why am I stuttering?! Stop thinking about her. Stop beating stupid heart. I don't like her. Hell I can't even like her.