SOLICITUDE

MESSED UP

 

“Ji…” I called out trying to catch his attention but failed to do so as he open the door abruptly still upset about the happenings awhile ago and went in without even looking at my direction.

 

Aiisst! Why is he acting this way?

 

Slowly and quietly, I went inside following the man, afraid to make the situation gets worst. After putting my shoes neatly on the cupboard, I walk towards the guy who’s sitting comfortably on the couch with an unreadable expression on his face not throwing any glances at me.

 

Is he upset? But why?

 

As I stood in front of Jiyong, I scan the whole place with an amuse expression on my face, I am still not used to seeing such a luxurious house though I’ve been in his pad for a few times.

 

Rich man’s place.

 

The luxurious house is perfectly suited for enjoying the indoor-outdoor lifestyle only rich people could afford. The place had four bedrooms and four and one-half baths, with a convenient half bath and a purpose-built office. All rooms are large and benefit either from a magnificent view over the Leman Lake and the patio or over a nice interior courtyard.

The sunken living room with elegant L-shaped white sofa opening up to large rock fireplace and tray ceiling features the star of the show, a massive Italian Murano glass chandelier.adjacent to the living room in an open living style is a large dining table. Dark wood floor with brown rug sets the setting for the contemporary furniture, white and black color scheme all set around the spacious dining area. Both living room and mirrored-ceiling formal dining room have French doors that open out to the pool and stellar lake view.

Unobstructed 360 views from this penthouse are truly unparalleled, and include vistas of Han River.

The top of the line chef’s kitchen is clad with premium finishes and fixtures including custom white lacquer cabinets, bluestone counters and professional-grade appliances. Blue star 6-burner gas range with hood, sub-zero refrigerator, big walk-in pantry, and palatial Caesar stone island with microwave drawer.

 

A loud but cough brings me back to the situation I am in. My eyes immediately went to Jiyong who now wears a stupid smirk on his face.

 

“ You still got the same reaction, Bae. The house isn’t as fascinating as it may look. It is just a plain house. I’d rather stay at your place if only you’ll allow me.” Jiyong said looking straight to my eyes with a hint of sadness that he eventually conceal by shoving his hands through his golden hair.

 

“why, you’ve got a very luxurious place in here. You’ve got a nice view overlooking the city unlike my pad. You won’t get bored.” I said trying to lighten the mood.

 

“you know that’s not what I mean Bae. I feel so empty and… and.. will you live with me Bae?” the golden haired man asked so suddenly, surprising Youngbae.

 

It takes a minute or two until Youngbae able to collect himself from the shock due to the “umtimely odd” question the younger had asked and he laugh awkwardly before answering, “ that’s a very tempting offer Ji but as you said I’d rather stay at my humble place coz, uhmm.. it isn’t my kind of lifestyle?” he stated unsurely.

 

Jiyong now looking at him with a frown on his face, gently pats the couch urging Youngbae to sit next to him, which the latter do without a moment of hesitation.

 

“ Beside I live on the area near my workplace. That alone is a very convenient reason and… and.. TOP will-

 

“ so it all came down to TOP. TOP this, and TOP that. Why?” he asks the older man.

 

Youngbae for the second time that very moment felt stupid for not quiet gasping what the other is trying to say. “ eh?”

 

Though Jiyong knows that Youngbae is naïve, he didn’t realize how dense the older man is when it comes to his feelings and that idea makes his chest throbbed with irritation.

“I hate it when you’re acting this way in front of me, as if you’re not listening to every word I’m saying but you’re all ears when it comes to TOP. I felt neglected Bae. Your neglecting me!.” Jiyong exclaimed, unable to hide the irritation from his voice. “ what it is that he have that I don’t?” he added.

 

What the hell is he trying to say? Of course I have to listen to TOP because he’s my boss and you shouldn’t mess with TOP if you wanted to live in peace. That guy is as sly as a fox.

 

After some time of contemplating, Youngbae tried to reason out with the younger guy, he felt that he had to defend TOP but in a very discreet way that the golden-haired man won’t get upset any further. “ yah~, Jiyong, TOP and I had been friends for a long a time even before you join you came and you know for a fact how he behaves whenever no one pays him any attention.. and-

 

“and it’s okay if I get neglected but not TOP?” Jiyong retorted cutting Youngbae mid semtence.

“I Guess?” he answered not quite sure where this conversation is leading to.

“Youngbae!” the younger man exclaimed out of frustration, making Youngbae shrink deeper on the couch, taken aback from the younger’s outburst.

 

Silence enveloped the whole place that no sound can be heard in the living room except for their own breathing until Jiyong broke the awkward silence.

 

“let’s go on a date Bae.” He said tilting his head to the other side to get a better sight of the man sitting next to him.

Youngbae stayed quiet, thinking about ways on how to reject the younger not wanting to worsen the already distorted situation they are in , looking intently at the beautiful view of the lake from through the glass walls. On the other hand, Jiyong thought that Youngbae is again lost and mesmerized by the scenery in front of them carefully lift himself out of the couch and sat on the older man’s lap making the guy beneath him gasp for air and stay still with eyes wide open. 

He’s back

 

“Dong Youngbae, I said let’s go on a date.” He repeated with his low tone-husky voice as he leaned closer to the guy beneath him with his arms on each side of the man’s shoulder imprisoning him, lips centimeters away from touching.

 

The buffer man stayed still not quite sure how to escape from the situation he is in, and the rapid beating of his heart is not helping either. From the small distance they are in, it is without any doubt that the man sitting comfortably on his lap with that light brown orbs darkening while slowly tracing his features through his beautiful eyes, could hear the deafening sound his heart is making right now.

 

“J-Ji,.. you k-know, I.. I c-cant think p-properly w-when you’re like t-this.” Youngbae said trying to make his voice sound unaffected but failed to do so. He moves his head away from Jiyong trying to make space for breathing but the man moves his hands to his head making him shivered from the touch and stayed still.

“Bae, you don’t have to think about it. I’ll pick you up Saturday night.” Jiyong said huskily, closes his eyes inching the gap between their lips.

“I can’t!” Youngbae exclaimed shutting his eyes hardly afraid of what the other’s reaction might be.

Jiyong stopped eyes now filled with sadness, lips millimeters away from touching. “ why?” he asks voice cracked from that one simple word.

“ I just can’t. he’ll definitely kill me if I miss that event on Saturday.” Youngbae whispered, eyes still close not wanting to look at the others face.

 

Slowly, Jiyong got up from his lap letting out heavy sigh before laughing awkwardly amking Youngbae open his eyes and stare at the younger.

“ Damn! I never got rejected in my whole life- not even once. But with you, it felt like I’m no good. I never know how jealousy felt like coz I’ve never been jealous, but with you, it felt like everyone can easily get into your moods without trying too hard but not me. It felt like I always have to do something just to get your attention. I’ve never been insecure because I know what I’m capable of, but with you, I’m now starting to question myself. It hurts, Bae. It hurts a lot.” His thoughts too heavy to hold back the surging emotions, and without him knowing it, a tear fell from his eyes which he brushes away not wanting any sympathy from the older man coz that’s what he wanted the least right now.

He feels pathetic so with heavy steps he turned toward his bedroom leaving the guy still unmoving utterly shock from his sudden outburst.

Jiyong slowly grab the knob of his bedroom door willing his mind to just forget about what happen today, when he felt a tag on his shirt causing him to stop and turn around.

There in front of him is Youngbae, tagging his shirt hesitantly, biting his lips unconsciously, and eyes on the floor unsure of what he’ll do.

“ it isn’t TOP hyung.” Youngbae said after gaining some courage and look at the slightly taller man. “it’s my brother’s first photography exhibit, and I want to be there to support him. You know, how the family should be.” He then added, wanting Jiyong to understand.

 

Jiyong felt embarrassed realizing he made a mistake. He literally face palmed himself a little too strong it made a crisp sound making the smaller man chuckled, wrapping his arms around Jiyong’s smaller body in a hug.

 

Jiyong hugged Youngbae back, a content and happy sigh escaping his lips before saying, “ how embarrassing!”

 

A moment passed before Youngbae decided to break the hug but the younger man had another plan, tightening his hug and whispered to Youngbae’s ear “ You should make up for what you’ve done.”

“uhm?” is the only answered he mustered feeling uneasy.

“ stay with me, Bae.” Jiyong said now tugging him towards the bedroom and Youngbae did not protested. He wanted to make the younger feel better; he owed it to him, right?

 

So there they are now, lying in the king size bed with Jiyong lies across Youngbae’s chest with his arms wrapped tightly around the older man’s muscular torso not wanting to let go.

Youngbae knows that he should feel awkward slleping together and Jiyong doing things ( in the most innocent sense of the phrase) only lover’s are entitled to do (from his own point of view), but he did not. He even felt like it was the right thing to do, how it felt so good having Jiyong in his arms.

 

“Bae…” Jiyong called out making Youngbae’s reverie halt hearing Jiyong called out his name. “ what makes you think that I’m referring to TOP when I said those words?” he added in a small voice wanting to hide his embarrassment.

 

“well, it’s that’s because what you’ve been implying since we went out of the company. “TOP this, TOP that” as you said.” Youngbae answered casually not really aware what’s behind.

 

It’s because I’m jealous of him you idiot! Jiyong wanted to say those words but instead “ ‘kay. Let’s sleep now”.

 

“Ji, Did you just confess to me awhile ago?” Youngbae asks recalling Jiyong’s outburst.

“Aissst! I always confess to you, you idiot! Everyday.” Jiyong countered feeling his face burned recalling the things he had said to the man lying beside him now.

 

“Chincha?, oh.” Youngbae replied, not wanting to make the younger man feel embarrass than he already is.

“ can’t I just tag you mine, Youngbae?” Jiyong asks, looking up. His heart do somersault looking at the beauty lying next to him.

How badly he wanted to see those beautiful eyes that captivated his entire being since day one.

Jiyong thought Youngbae is already sleep when he didn’t hear any response, so he buries himself deeper into Younbae’s strong arm, sleep slowly consuming him until he heard him murmur those words that makes his whole system light up, the feeling of too much happiness is unbearing that Jiyong thought he’ll explode anytime.

 

“ I thought you already did.”