Response #1

Letters to Mr. Pen Pal [EDITING]

No offense, but

      If one of us is a potential psychopath, then I think it’s you. Why, you might ask. Well, you’re being oddly shady about yourself, and while I think there’s some truth to your stories, you’re not really saying much about yourself. If there’s anyone that should be worried about someone coming after me, it should be me because I’m about to spill my life’s story to you. And yes, I don’t care if you’re a potential psychopath coming after me, because unlike you, this is for my grade. And again, yes, I agree it is unfair to make a single person do all the work, but it’s fun working along someone else.

      My name is Mark Tuan. I’m a 16-years-old healthy boy. I have two loving parents and a younger brother, that likes to bother me a lot. Up until two or three years ago, I lived in L.A., so English is my forte, not Spanish. When I was little, I met a couple of guys that showed me how to play basketball and I fell in love with it. I passed the try outs for my elementary basketball team, and we even managed to go to the Championship. Unfortunately, we didn’t win. I remember that night because it was one of the few times I went back to bed early, and I started to cry because I felt frustrated. It was my fault that we didn’t win… I didn’t make the winning shot, but mom and dad entered my room and hugged me tight. They told me what I already knew; that we had fun and that’s what matters the most, that they were proud of me no matter what. It’s moments like those that I am always reminded why I love my parents so much.

      I tried for the try outs during middle school, but it wasn’t the same. The status quo was something I never liked about those days. The way the jocks thought they ruled over the school and the way the cheerleaders thought they were the hottest girls in town. Everyone wanted to be like them, and I guess they thought that meant by winning the Championship, they would be popular. That’s why even when I did pass the tryouts, I rejected the offer and tried out for other clubs. Nothing caught my attention, and for the first time ever, I felt regret. I regretted rejecting my position in the basketball team because if I hadn’t, then maybe I wouldn’t be so bored going to school.

      One day, my dad took me to a music shop and got me a guitar to keep me entertained for a while. That’s what happened basically. I immersed myself in music and practiced every day after school.

      But I didn’t want to be the only one enjoying the muse, so I decided to make a band. I posted up a couple of posters around the school and around the neighborhood, and a couple of days later, a couple of guys cameover and tried out. Those guys are my current best friends; Jackson Wang, the drummer, and Im Jaebum, the base player. With them, I wrote many songs and practiced them, made covers, and uploaded them on Sound Cloud. We even performed during school activities and at a couple of cafes around the neighborhood. I can honestly say that those were the best days of my life.

      To this day, we still play together, but it’s not the same anymore. They go to different schools and they’re both busy with family issues and school. I text them every once in a while; a simple, “Hey, what’s up?” and we text for hours. I truly miss those days…

      I’ll sum this up really easily for you if you’re not really interested in the details:

  1. I used to play basketball. Not anymore.
  2. I used to be in a band with my best friends.
  3. I still play the guitar whenever I can.

      And since you ended your letter with a random fact, I’ll also finish my letter with a random fact as well. Did you know that Astro Boy is the first anime ever? If not, go do your research and watch the episodes.

 

 

From

Mark Tuan.

 

(✿◠‿◠)

 

Dear Park Jinyoung,

To be honest, I hear that all that time so it’s not a first. My friends call me Bambam so feel free to call me that if it’s easier for you (: Oh, and don’t worry! I swear I didn’t think anything dirty so no worries~

I think a friend of mine, Mark Tuan (a rly hot guy btw), is his Pen Pal. Your best friend should be okay with him because as far as I’m concerned, Mark is honestly a kind a person. He’s literally like a shojou manga character. I’M NOT JOKING! He likes helping out the “outcast” of the groups and getting them to interact with others (Kazehaya from Kimi ni Todoke anyone?), and the girls are literally all over him. I think he even has his own fanclub???????? ???? Well, I wouldn’t be surprised if he did have one. BUT YOU DIDN’T HEAR THIS FROM ME!

Whoa, so you guys have literally been together since forever. That’s really cool… I’m kinda jealous! Although I’m not an only child, I wish I had a close friend like that since birth (more or less). All of my friends have been a little superficial. No one from my elementary or middle school has contacted me… I mean, yeah, we have each other in FB, but if we talk to each other, then that is like a whole different matter completely. But I’m happy for you and that your friendship has lasted for so long~ :D I hope it stays like that forever!

This Youngjae person sounds really peculiar! I haven’t met someone like that, someone that prefers to be alone. I mean, being alone is kinda lonely isn’t it? (But I do agree with the group projects thing… THEY ! ):< )

Oh, don’t worry! I don’t think I’ll be meeting him anytime soon, so your secret is safe with me~ and again, don’t worry! I don’t think you have feelings for him~ I mean, you’ve been together all of your life, so of course, he would be a topic you would touch a lot! C:

I may not have best friends in school, but I do have in the internet! There’s a website called XXX and I’ve chatted with a couple of people there. They’ve all been so nice to me! If I were to call someone my “best friend” in the internet, then it would be yu_gyeom because I think they understand me the best. We have a lot in common and we never stop talking… it’s actually really nice.

 

 

I think I may or may not like him. I’m not sure.

 

 

This is a secret by the way. If you tell Youngjae about this… e_e

I hope this letter isn’t so crazy and I didn’t weird you out. Here are the three facts about me:

  1. I watch anime and read manga in my spare time c:
  2. If I were to name my favorite anime, then so far then it’s Tokyo Ghoul
  3. I want to have a cat when I’m older and name her Kira

 

 

From yours truly,

Bambam ;)

 


A/N: Annnnnddddd of course, Mark & Youngjae aren't exactly getting along well. They will, eventually ;) 

Bambam was fun to write ahaha I hope I portrayed his character as someone fun & friendly? 

Feel free to comment, subscribe & upvote! Hope you like it? Enjoy! :D