Letter #7

Letters to Mr. Pen Pal [EDITING]

You, my friend,

Make it so hard to believe in your words. It’s not a matter about trust, but it’s a matter about how sarcasm is integrated into your very soul that it’s become hard to tell whether you’re being sarcastic or not. I can tell you’re being playful, but I can’t tell whether there’s some truth to your words. Are you or are you not lying about having taken a photograph of my letter?

On one hand, I believe you didn’t because you’re picky about certain things so taking a photograph would be, well, odd. I mean, why would you go so far as to take a photograph of some half assed oath? It might as well be a bluff.

On the other hand, however, I believe that you did because you might be kind of the grudge-y type of person. You might take things too seriously even though we were joking, and you might like the idea of getting back at me so you’ll use it to your advantage. There’s no telling what’ll happen when you’ll hunt me down and honestly, I’m not looking forward to that. If anything, I wanted our first meeting to be lovely and memorable.

Not with you ending my life.

That might be overdramatic though so I’ll stop.

(And for your information, I do feel a little accomplished about finding out where you write because now I know you carry a personal journal, and that my description of you was also on point.)

There’s something I don’t get. If you don’t mind me asking, why don’t you believe in yourself? I mean, from what I can tell from your letters, you sound like someone confident. Maybe even arrogant at times. (I guess it could be an image you created for everyone else to perceive so that they wouldn’t worry, but I can be way off.) You write well. What’s there to worry about?

As for you question, I’m not really sure myself. I guess I just based it on the stereotypical quiet character in every anime ever. Haven’t you noticed it? The quiet character in an anime is usually the one with the most grave background story or situation, or just the most unexpected one like a Necromancer (Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka?).

On second thought, just ignore that bit and let’s settle for an “I’m-not-sure”. Okay. Cool.

That actually really hurt and I don’t wanna seem insistent about it, but I feel as if that’s not completely true. Otherwise, why would you be sort of admitting that you found my observations “interesting” and “intriguing”? It’s questionable, but I’m sure you won’t answer that as always because you like being mysterious. That’s my conclusion as to why you don’t answer my questions; you like mysteries so much that you became one.

Since you did me a favor, the least I could do is return the favor. Here’s the rest of the letter summed up:

  1. See! This is what I was talking about earlier. There’s that confidence you always radiate through your letters so why on Earth are you feeling insecure? I’m also guessing your parts were the best. Lol.
  2. I’ve thought of it many time before, but it’s not like it’s a big deal. Just as Jackson secretly likes his ballet class and Jaebum secretly likes watching HGTV, I like writing. Maybe one day we’ll decide to tell it to each other’s faces despite it being super obvious.
  3. What? Who does that!! I mean, I guess you must’ve been pretty busy to have not read it by now.
  4. Again, what I was talking about earlier.

 

And can’t I just be curious as to what you look like? My classmates, even Bambam, a close friend of mine, have seen their pen pals. I’m aware it’s childish of me to feel a little jealous of them, but I can’t help it.

What kind of drastic measures?

 

From

Mark Tuan

 

(P.S. I wanted to ask you something precisely about Bambam. He’s talked to me about his pen pal before (more than once may I add) and he said that it was a close friend of yours. While I’m super curious about this so called close friend of yours, that’s not what I wanted to ask at the moment. Did something happen between them? Because Bambam is literally in the dumps. Usually he’s all smiles and laughter, but ever since the past few days, it’s been the complete opposite. It’s like he got his heart broken or something. Please tell me if you know something. I can’t stand seeing him like this anymore.)

 

(︶ω︶)

 

Dear Jinyoung,

Or should I say Jinyoung? Does dear make you uncomfortable knowing my feelings now?  I rly hope it doesn’t make you uncomfortable but if it does, then I’ll stop. Just say the word.

I just wanted to let you that I need some time.

Time for what? Well, even though I knew the result, I still can’t get over it. Not yet, anyways. Please don’t worry about me because I’ll be fine.

Or more like, please stop acting like you care about me. It hurts.

 

 

 

From

B.B

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

A/N: Bambam is so dramatic lol