chapter four.

When Will You Come Back? (Sequel to WWYWU)

Sorry for the wait guys! Here's a longer one for you! Please excuse any spelling/grammar errors. Thank you and enjoy :)


After graduation night, you didn’t get home until 2am. You were so exhausted, you passed out and woke up in the same outfit. You surprisingly got up that morning feeling refreshed and energized though. You looked at the time and realized it was already past noon. No wonder you felt very well-rested.You checked your phone and saw that you had three missed calls and four text messages from Jisoo.

Good morning! Are you awake? 9:32am

Did you make your fansigns yet? 9:38am

Why aren’t you answering your phone? 10:04am

Just let me know when you’re ready :] 10:10am

It took you a moment to remember what day it was. Once you remembered, you immediately jumped off the bed and ran into the shower.

A few weeks ago during lunch, Jisoo surprised you with concert tickets to see your favorite k-pop group – SHINee. Today was finally the day and you still haven’t figured out what you were going to wear yet. When you got out of the shower, you heard your phone ringing from your room. You quickly grabbed your towel and sprinted over there. “Hello? Jisoo?” you panted.

“Hey! You’re awake!” he said in a cheery voice.

“Yeah, sorry I missed your call.”

“That’s okay. I’m on my way to your house right now.”

“What? I mean, I kind of just got out of the shower…”

“Really? This late? But you’re never late for anything,” he teased.

“I know, I was just so tired, I overslept and…”

“It’s okay, go get ready. I’ll stop by somewhere first.”

“Sorry! I’ll try to be fast!”

 

You opened your closet and tried to find something cute to wear. You pretty much wore all of your nice outfits already. You thought that this might be your last real date with him before he leaves, so you wanted to look extra good tonight. You were also running out of time, so you had to pick an outfit out quick. You picked out the cute black skirt you wore on your first official date at the boardwalk. You remembered how pretty and confident you felt after he said you looked “cute without pants”. You remember him getting embarrassed after realizing what he just said. “I meant in a skirt! You look cute in a skirt…sorry.” You giggled as you remembered this moment. After putting on the skirt, you rummaged through your collection of shirts and eventually found one that matched. As you did your hair and makeup, your stomach sank when you heard the doorbell ring. “Can someone get the door please?!” You shouted outside your room. “Tell him I’m almost ready!”

“Okay, I’ll get it!” Your dad shouted back, but you wished your mom opened the door instead. You were afraid your dad was going to make Jisoo feel uncomfortable.

 

Jisoo waited by your doorstep with Starbucks in his hands. When someone finally opened the door, he wasn’t expecting to see your father. He swallowed before greeting him,” Oh, hi sir. Uh…how are you?” he smiled.

“I’m doing well. So, what brings you here?” your dad asked.

“Oh, I came to pick up your daughter. Is she ready by any chance?”

Your dad just looked at him for a moment and said, “No, she’s not ready yet. But please, come in!” he said in a friendly voice. Jisoo didn’t know why it scared him so much though. He had met your dad a few times, but has never been with him without you by his side. After you told him how strict your dad was, he always felt intimidated by him. Now that they were sitting alone in the living room, he was scared he was going to get interrogated.

There was nothing but silence for a short while. Jisoo started tapping his fingers and bobbing his head as he waited for you to come down. He wished you could hurry up. He did everything he could to not look at your dad because he knew he was staring at him. As Jisoo stared at the ceiling, he jumped when he heard your dad clear his throat. Jisoo immediately stopped tapping and apologized. Your dad didn’t say anything. At that moment, he felt like your dad hated him. He decided to redeem himself by speaking first.

“Um...is Mrs. _____ home?”

“No, she left to go to the store. So it’s just me and you,” your dad said, terrorizing Jisoo. The cold caramel Frappuccino in his hand was starting to drip on his lap. He prayed that you would come down already. After intensely staring at your boyfriend, your dad loosened his face and laughed. “I’m just messing with you boy,” he laughed and pat Jisoo’s leg. He tried to let out a laugh too, even though it wasn’t funny.

“Y-you scared me there for a bit sir. I thought you were going to start interrogating me,” Jisoo laughed.

“Who said I wasn’t? I just wanted you to loosen up before I did,” your dad laughed, scaring Jisoo once again. “Don’t worry, I’m not going to ask you anything personal,” your dad began. “I actually just have one question for you.” Jisoo nodded, feeling less stressed. Your dad folded his hands and looked straight at him. “Tell me, how serious is your relationship with my daughter?”

“Um…” Jisoo swallowed hard. He wasn't expecting your dad to ask this type of question so sudden. This one question was probably equivalent to a thousand questions. He had to make sure he answered it wholeheartedly, enough to satisfy or convince your dad. He honestly did not know what answer your dad was expecting from him. He could feel him staring at him again and he began to sweat. Before he could respond, your dad interrupted him.

“No, how about I ask you this: Are you in love with my daughter?” The question shot Jisoo in the chest. "I know it's only been a few months, but since you're leaving soon, I thought I should ask," your dad added."And also since I know how my daughter really feels about you." This just made Jisoo even more nervous. He didn’t know what or how to respond. He just didn’t want to blurt out something that would upset your dad. He didn't want to say anything that would upset you either, if you ever found out. 

Jisoo blinked and quickly processed in both his mind and heart what he was going to say. When the words finally came out of his mouth, he ended up pouring out everything, all that he has felt for you to your dad. He couldn't believe he was actually doing this, but he was glad he didn’t end up getting beaten by your dad.

 

Once you finished, you quickly went downstairs, hoping your dad wasn’t giving Jisoo a hard time. When you made it to the living room, you were surprised to see them genuinely talk to each other. Your dad actually looked like he liked Jisoo. They were smiling and laughing, it was so bizarre. When they noticed you were there, your dad said, “You’re right _____. He is a good guy.” You were shocked to hear those words come out of your father’s mouth. You looked at Jisoo who looked surprised himself. “Too bad you’re leaving already,” your dad added, switching his gaze back at Jisoo who looked down and nodded.

“It’s okay, sir. I’ll come back to visit when I can,” he assured.

“Yeah, we’ll see,” you heard your dad mumble as he patted him on the back. You glared at your dad. Jisoo just let out a forced laugh and stood up. When he saw you up close, he complimented your appearance and handed you Starbucks. “Well aren’t you lucky to have a boyfriend like him?” your dad cooed. “He's definitely a keeper!”

“Dad,” you said in a low voice, embarrassed by him. You didn’t know why he was acting so weird. You looked at Jisoo who just smiled back at your dad. What's up with them? You wondered in your head, but you knew there wasn’t any more time. The concert was going to start soon. You grabbed Jisoo’s arm and showed him what time it was. “We gotta head out now dad,” you said, quickly kissing him on the cheek.

“You take care of my daughter, okay. It’s dangerous out there,” your dad assured.

“Of course. Your daughter will be in good hands,” Jisoo said, swinging your hands with his.

“Okay, just make sure you keep your hands to yourself,” your dad joked. “You kids have fun!”

“We will!” you both said together before leaving.

 

As Jisoo drove, you asked him, “So did my dad make you uncomfortable while I was gone?”

“Nah, it’s all good. He didn’t really do anything this time.”

“Really?” You were shocked to hear this from him. “But did he ask anything? Like personal?”

“No, not really,” he shook his head. “I think your dad kind of likes me now.” You looked at him and saw a smile grow on his face.

“He did seem to like you a lot better today. Strange. What exactly did you guys talk about anyway?”

“Oh, nothing much. I found out we both like the same football team. I didn’t know your dad was a 49ers fan.”

“I didn’t know you were a 49ers fan,” you told him. (A/N: Jisoo's probably really a Raider's fan, but 49ers are better so...)  “But he didn’t ask you about anything else? Like school, your career, or…us?”

“Well, he did ask one question about us.”

“He did?” you panicked. “Like what? What did he say?”

Jisoo hesitated before saying, “Well, he asked me how serious our relationship was.”

“He did?!” you panicked some more. Jisoo acted like it was no big deal. “So what did you say?" you cried. You couldn't imagine how Jisoo would have reacted when asked that question by your own father. He must have been put under so much pressure. You were curious about what he said since you weren't exactly sure how he felt about the last few months of being with you. You begged him to tell you, but he ignored you as he drove into the freeway. “What did you tell him?” You asked him again, only to be ignored again.

You saw his face finally light up and say, “Oh my gosh, it’s my favorite song!” You glared at him as he turned the volume up to y Can I on the radio. You knew he was ignoring you on purpose.

“Jisoo!” You turned down the volume. “Please, just tell me. I wanna know,” you begged him.

Jisoo sighed. "I'll think about it."

"Please! I'll do aegyo if you want me to," you told him. You and him knew how much you hated aegyo, but that's how desperate you were.

"How about you sing for me instead."

You gasped. "Never.”

“Sing for me then I’ll tell you.” He turned the volume back up and started signing to the chorus of the song. “Sing!”

“No, not to this song!” you said, trying to hold in your laugh.

“Fine, then I won’t tell you.” After he said that he continued to sing along to the radio. "y can I, just pardon my manners~" 

You rolled your eyes and sighed. You decided to just let it go for now and just wait until after the concert.

 

Just minutes before the concert, after you found your seats, you took a selca with Jisoo without him noticing. He turned his head and saw you giggling behind your phone. “Did you just take a picture of me?” You nodded and showed him. “Let’s take another one!” he insisted. This time, he moved closer to you as you both made big eye-smiles. When you showed him the picture, he chuckled. “We look so happy!”

“Haha we do!” you grinned. “I’m posting it!”

Jisoo watched you open up Instagram on your phone. “Of course,” he said sarcastically.

You ignored him as you looked up his Instagram page. “Why don’t you ever post anything? You only have like five pictures,” you chuckled.

“It's cuz I don’t know what to post. Plus, I can't selfie. No one follows me so it's okay,” he shrugged.

“Yeah, but when you get famous, everyone will want to follow you,” you told him.

“Even if I had a million followers, I probably wouldn’t post anything anyway.”

“Wow, your fans would hate you.”

Jisoo scoffed and looked at you. “But you wouldn’t, would you?”

“I would,” you said flatly. “Especially since you won’t be here. I would hate you the most.”

“Wow, so rude,” he said playfully.

He looked around the stadium as thousands of fans (mostly girls) got hyped for the concert. He imagined how it would feel to have that many fans one day, screaming for him. He’d always dreamed of performing on the big stage, in front of thousands, wanting to hear him sing. Just thinking about it made his heart beat fast. He couldn’t wait to become a musician. It’s all he ever wanted to be. It was his dream. In the middle of his trance, you startled him when you grabbed his arm.

Words couldn’t describe how happy you were. You were with your boyfriend at a SHINee concert. What can make you any happier? You grabbed Jisoo’s arm and hugged it. “Thanks again for bringing me here,” you said, looking at him with your aegyo-sal eyes.

As he looked into those eyes, he found it hard to breathe. He couldn’t believe the girl he had been crushing on was right there, thanking him and holding onto him now. He felt the urge to kiss you, right there, at that moment, but right before he got a chance, the lights began to dim. You abruptly let go of his arm and screamed along with the rest of the audience. Once the music started playing, you shot up onto your feet and waved your Taemin sign and light stick, forgetting and betraying Jisoo.

 

During the concert, Jisoo was enjoying watching you instead of the concert itself. He couldn’t get enough of you jumping and screaming out fanchants. He was surprised to even hear you sing along to all the lyrics. Since your full attention was on SHINee, you didn’t notice him recording you as you sang along to Lucifer, (A/N: Bold just means she’s singing it louder for the fanchants.) “Nareul mukkgo gadundamyeon sarangdo mukkin chae! Miraedo mukkin chae keojil su eobtneunde! Ja yurobge biweo nuh go barabwa! Ojik neoman chae ulge, neoman gadeuk chae ulge! AHHH!!!!” Jisoo laughed behind his camera. As you were having the time of your life, he was definitely having his too.


Please tell me your thoughts so far in the comments below and I will update again soon! You know the deal :)