chapter six.

When Will You Come Back? (Sequel to WWYWU)

WAHH~ Hi guys! I'm so sorry for the long wait and for breaking my promise of updating sooner :( 

But the good news is that I am finally on break and that I have a few chapters lined up for you! 

I know it's been a while so please make sure you read back just in case you forgot what happened last time. Enjoy~


Jisoo texted you as soon as he woke up the next morning.

Good morning! 8:46am

Hey, I’m sorry about last night. Can we talk? 8:50am

He tried calling you, but you wouldn’t pick up.

(2 missed calls) 9:04am

Are you awake? 10:21 am

I’ll be spending the day with my family today, but can we meet up tonight? 10:48 am

(1 missed call) 11:14am

(1 missed call) 12:03pm

I was thinking about taking you to that new Thai restaurant. Sound good? 12:10pm

(1 missed call) 1:26pm

(1 missed call) 2:45pm

I just got back home. Can we meet up tonight? 5:34pm

After countless missed calls and unanswered texts, Jisoo started to worry about you. He tried calling once more, but there was no luck. He anxiously texted your friend Yura to check up on you. Luckily, she replied saying that you were with her at home watching movies. Jisoo sighed in relief, but still wished you could meet with him that night. He was hoping to apologize for what happened yesterday, but figured he could let this day pass and wait for tomorrow.

He sighed and plopped himself onto his bed. As he stared at the lifeless, white ceiling, the only thing he could think about was you. So...this is what it feels like to be away from you... He felt this weird feeling of emptiness inside of him. It was as if there was a hole inside of his chest, longing for something to fill it up again. It has only been a day, but he missed you so much. He couldn’t imagine being like this for the nine months he’d be gone for training.The thought of it numbed his whole body. He rotated on his bed and saw two giant suitcases, both still yet to be filled with his belongings. The thought of him leaving home in a couple of days felt so unreal. He got up from his bed and grabbed his guitar, but instead of playing it, he just looked at it and began to have second thoughts about leaving.

 

The next morning, the first thing Jisoo did was check his phone. The night before, he prayed that you would be in a better mood to talk to him today. When he checked his phone, he saw that he had one unread message. To his misfortune, it wasn’t from you, but from Junghan.

omg dude ur leaving in two days let's hang out soon! ^_^ 9:13am

Besides packing, Jisoo didn’t have any plans for the day, so he agreed to hang out with his friends.

Soonyoung, Doyoon, Junghan, and Jisoo spent the whole afternoon playing Xbox in Junghan’s basement, just like they used to do all the time after school. “It’s been a while since you came to my house, Jisoo. I’m glad you came,” Junghan said, patting his best friend’s back with a grin on his face.

“Of course. I owe it to you guys,” Jisoo replied as he pressed the buttons on his controller. “I never thought I’d miss this.”

“Well you’re going to miss it even more when you go to Korea," Soonyoung explained.

"How could you leave us, man?” Junghan pretended to cry, making all the guys sulk with him.

“I’m sorry. I wish I could have spent more time with you guys.”

“It’s okay. We understand your girlfriend is more important than us,” Doyoon jested.

“That’s not true! I mean –hold on.” Jisoo was too focused on defeating Soonyoung in the game.

“I can’t believe out of the four of us, you were first to have a girlfriend,” Doyoon sneered.

“But all you guys had girlfriends before me,” Jisoo exclaimed.

“They weren’t as serious as you and _____,” Soonyoung explained, keeping his eyes on the game as he tried to beat Jisoo. 

“I’ve never been a relationship like yours either," Junghan began. "You guys just seem to be happy with each other all the time,” Junghan said.

“For real?” Jisoo scoffed, as he continued to violently press the buttons on his controller.

 “I mean, you guys are still awkward, but I could tell you both really enjoy being together," Soonyoung added and sighed, wishing he would find his significant other soon.

“Really?” Jisoo said, thinking about you and him together and trying not to smile. He started thinking about memories of you on your guys’ first date. How cute you looked in the skirt you were too embarrassed to wear. He thought of the day you first held hands in the school hallways. He’d always feel complete when he knew you were there by his side. He then thought about the first time he sang a song for you and when you kissed his cheek for the first time. He still wondered how an innocent kiss could electrify his whole body.

Whenever he thought of you, the whole world became a blur. He couldn’t even focus on the game he was playing.

“HA I WON!” Soonyoung said, raising his arms in victory.

“So have you guys done it yet?” Doyoon suddenly asked.

“Done what?” Jisoo panicked, thinking he meant doing something sinful.

“You know…” Doyoon puckered up his lips and made a kissing sound.

Jisoo shook his head and stayed silent, thinking about what happened the night before.

“Aww man, what are you waiting for?” Soonyoung punched Jisoo's his shoulder.

“Is she the type of girl who doesn’t like kissing?” Junghan asked.

Jisoo rubbed his shoulder and sighed, “I don’t know.” After a long pause, Jisoo finally said, “We kinda fought about it last night…” All three of his friends gasped after they heard what he said.

"Like a fight fight?" Soonyoung asked in disbelief. 

Jisoo explained all that had happened the night before. How you went wrong and how he went wrong. After venting all this to his friends, he realized how dumb he acted in front of you and wished you would forgive him. "What should I do? What if she doesn't forgive me? What if she's still mad at me? What if she wants to break up?"

"Relax. Everything will be fine. It's a good thing you have friends like us to help you. We're experts," Soonyoung explained to him. "So, any ideas guys?" He turned to Junghan and Doyoon who gave him a look, having no idea what he was talking about. Soonyoung turned back to Jisoo and tried to come up with some good advice. He closed his eyes for a few moments before he came up with an idea,but Doyoon beat him to it.

"Oh, I know what you should do!" Doyoon blurted."You should show up at her door step with balloons and chocolates while wearing a teddy bear suit!"

"Dude, it's not Valentine's Day," Junghan said, making all the guys laugh.

Doyoon's smile faded away. "But girls like those kinds of stuff, I've seen it in dramas."

"Oh, you and your dramas. Don't you know that's only fiction?" Junghan scoffed at him.

"Ooo, I got an idea!" Soonyoung shouted, making everyone jump. "Why don't you sing her a song? You know, sway her with your gentle, honey dripping voice."

"Honey dripping?" Jisoo raised a brow at his description.

"Yeah, I'm sure she will forgive you in no time!" Soonyoung added with his eyesmile. 

"But she always hears me sing. She's probably already tired of my voice now."

"Just do it. Trust me. Just make sure you choose the right song."

"Okay..." Jisoo sighed. He was starting to feel anxious all of a sudden. It was the same kind of anxiety he felt when he thought of asking  you to prom. The only reason he felt this way was because he wasn't sure you were going to accept him after how he acted last night. This was the first time you two had ever been in an argument and since you're both still new to relationships, neither knew how to deal with these kinds of things. 

Even though Jisoo had zero experience prior to having you as a girlfriend, he knew that he had to handle this situation like a man. Like those cool guys in dramas. He was about to make fiction, non-fiction. Goodbye Lee Minho, hello Hong Jisoo. He took a deep breath and stood on his feet.

"You can do it Jisoo! Fighting!" His friends cheered him on as he walked out the door. "Fighting! Fighting! Fighting!"


short one for now, but please anticipate a longer and more exciting chapter coming up! 

thanks again for being patient with me, i will make it up to everyone <3

in the meantime, please share a comment because I love comments~

 

p.s. so you know how jisoo's birthday is coming up? well, I'm hosting a birthday project and the deadline to send things in is tomorrow (Dec. 24).

I know I should have shared it with you guys earlier (oops) but if you have some time, please participate! (it's super fun and easy!) click here for details!