chapter one.

When Will You Come Back? (Sequel to WWYWU)

“Congratulations to the Class of 2014!”

The graduates threw their caps up in the air as the stadium roared with whistles and cheers. You looked at your diploma in your hands. You couldn’t be more happy and excited to have finally graduated from high school.

“_____! We did it!” Your best friend Yura went up to you and exchanged hugs. After pulling away, she playfully squished your face. “I’m going to miss going to school with you.”

“Me too,” you told her with a frown. “But we’ll still see each other. We’ll only be an hour away from each other anyway.”

“True, but it won’t be the same,” she pouted and gave you another hug. Behind her you saw your parents and your little brother with flowers. You waved at them after Yura finally let go of you.

“Congratulations you two!” Your mom said.

“Thank you! Oh, I see my parents over there! I’ll seeya later _____!” After your friend left, your mom and dad both pulled you into a warm hug. “We are so proud of you honey! You’ve done great! We love you so much.” You felt your eyes well up in tears as they said these things. When they let go, you noticed they were crying too. “I love you guys. Thank you for always being there for me,” you said, pulling each of them, including your brother into another hug.

 

“Woo! Can you believe it? We actually did it!” Soonyoung hollered to his three best friends.“I know, I can’t believe we all made it either,” Doyoon said, kissing his diploma.

Jisoo couldn’t believe it either. Because of you, he got to pass all of his classes and graduate. He still felt selfish for making you do the work for him. Since the day he confessed to you, he’s never slept in class or asked for your notes again. He promised you, and Jisoo always kept his promises.

Junghan put his arms around the guys and took a group shot on his phone. “Wow, this all feels surreal,” Junghan said.

“I feel all tingly inside. I don’t know if it’s because I’m excited or scared to grow up,” Soonyoung explained.

“I know I’m excited. I’m glad I don’t have to go back to that filthy school,” sassy Doyoon said.

“How about you Jisoo? You haven’t said anything, are you okay?” Junghan asked, but Jisoo didn’t hear.

He started thinking about what was going to happen next. Now that he had just graduated from high school, he can train overseas in Korea. He had auditioned for an entertainment company a few months before, and had recently received the news that he passed and got in. This would have been a hundred percent exciting if it wasn’t for you. Leaving for training meant leaving you, the girl whom he went through so much for just to make her his girlfriend. You have only been together for three months, but the bond between you too was so strong, that he couldn’t afford to let you go.

Where is she anyway? Jisoo thought, pushing through the crowd of his classmates (politely of course).

He spun around many times, looking for you. He said your name once, but then he heard someone call out his own name. “Jisoo!” From a distance, he saw his parents wave at him, trying to make their way through the crowd as well. Jisoo smiled as he walked up to them. His dad ruffled his hair as his mom squeezed him into a hug. “Our little boy is all grown up!” his mom cried out.

“Don’t cry mom,” Jisoo chuckled. As he saw his mom wipe her tears, he thought he saw someone waiting for him in the corner of his eye. He turned his head and smiled once he saw that it was you. You waited until his parents saw you too.

“Oh, _____, it’s you!” Jisoo’s mom said, pulling you into a hug with Jisoo. “I am so proud of both of you!” You always thought his mom was so sweet. You then heard his dad clear his throat. “We are both proud of you,” he said. You smiled in thanks. 

Jisoo’s dad was one of the strict types. You remember Jisoo telling you how his dad wasn’t for his plan of becoming a musician right after high school. As his only son, he wanted him to get a degree at least, but Jisoo didn’t want to wait that long. Since his dad found out he got through with his audition, he’s been trying to be less hard on him. He knew how hardworking his son was and how passionate he was for his music. During graduation, you could see in his face, how proud he looked for his son.

Jisoo was actually very smart and could have been successful in college if he wanted to. You really wanted him to go to college too, but you knew that his dreams were more important. It was just that you didn’t want to say goodbye. Not yet.

“Let me get a picture with just you two,” his mom said. You and Jisoo shyly stood next to each other and smiled for the camera. “Put your arm around her son. She’s your girlfriend!” his dad blurted at him. You looked at Jisoo and chuckled when you saw him blush. He shyly pulled you closer to him and left his arm behind you as his mom counted to three. Right before the camera flashed, Soonyoung, Doyoon, and Junghan jumped in, making everyone laugh in time for the final shot.

 

Later that evening, the class of 2014 held their grad-night at a place where all dreams come true: Disneyland. Grad-night would be their final get together as friends and classmates before moving onto their separate ways.

The class took a bus to get there. You sat next to your friend Yura, although Jisoo really wanted to sit with you. “Sorry Jisoo, I asked her first,” she cheeked at him.

“Yo Jisoo! Sit with us!” Some guys in the back of the bus called out. He waved at you before heading to the back.

Once he was out of sight Yura grabbed your shoulder, making you jump. “So have you guys talked it out yet?”

“Talked what out?” you asked.

”You know what I mean."

“I don't know,” you looked at her puzzled.

“Are you guys serious about this yet? Are you guys even getting anywhere? Like, it still seems like you act shy around each other.”

“Huh, really? I don’t think so. Maybe just in front of other people, but we are actually getting closer.” It was true, you and Jisoo have been getting to know each other better, but were both horrible when it came to PDA. It wasn’t until recently that you got used to holding hands with each other in public.

“You guys are hilarious,” she giggled. “It’s cute though. Anyways, you guys haven’t talked about what will happen after he you know…after he leaves?” Yura said in a low voice, knowing how you would feel after she said it.

You shook your head. “We haven’t talked about it yet. I’m still scared for when he’s going to bring it up. But to be honest,” you paused. “I feel like he’s going to end it.”

Yura gasped at what you just said. “How could you say that?”

You looked down and shrugged. “I just can't imagine things working out with him being so far away.”

“Don’t think that _____, things will work out. Wonwoo and I will be two hours away, but we’ll still be together. You know what I mean?”

“It’s different though.He’s going to Korea. A totally different country. We'll be in different time zones with differerent people and..."

Before going onto more reasons why you didn’t think your relationship with Jisoo would last, the bus arrived at its destination.

“IT’S DISNEYLAND!!!” a bus full of eighteen-year olds shouted all together.

 

When you got off the bus, Yura left with her boyfriend as you waited for yours.

Once he got off the bus he smiled at you, making you blush as always. “Ahh, it’s been so long since I’ve been here,” he said as he looked out toward the park where the pier and Mickey Mouse ferris wheel were.You followed his gaze and watched as all the kids from the bus ran to the entrance. The sun was starting to set and the California heat was starting to cool, but the sunset made the park look more beautiful than it already was. As you looked out and enjoyed the view, you suddenly felt Jisoo’s hand hold onto yours. He turned to you and asked, “So, what should we do first?”


Short but sweet intro-chapter yay~hope you all like it so far!

Since I'm still on break, I will try my best to update at least once a week, so make sure you're subscribed!

In the meantime, please leave a comment! They really motivate me to update :)

Paradise-Pier-Sunset.jpg

i really want to go to disneyland