007

Cogs of the Soul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ok men.” CL started, as one of her men turned the lights off and a presentation started from an overhead projector. “We’ve got a time limit on our hands. The police here in South Korea has valuable information of ours that they don’t know they have yet. It’s in a mini SD chip inside a DVD player.” The screen flickered to a picture of an old DVD player so that everyone else could take note of what it looked like. It was a small, black one with buttons on the left and the DVD reader in the middle. The picture went to show the back of the DVD player where it was obvious to see that there was an opening for SD chips to be read.

“The chip was originally secured at the back of the DVD player shown here. It was in the mafia’s hands when they were doing an exchange with us and the Cerebro,” CL continued, pressing the button to show images of what happened next. “But during the car ride through Busan yesterday afternoon, the handler was bombed and the whole car flew into the sea along with his corpse. The corpse was burned pretty bad but thanks to the special design of the electronic, the SD chip is still safe and secure. But it would only be a matter of time when the police will find the SD chip and find out about our secrets.” There was an expected quiet murmurs going around the dark presentation room as CL waited for there to be silence once again before she continued.

“The Mafia is currently busy with figuring out who had bombed one of the members which is where the yakuzas and cerebros come in. We are to work together to retrieve that chip back, by any means necessary. If anything happens, that chip is to be destroyed without leaving a trace. Sica, you are to infiltrate the police station and retrieve that chip safely. Mino, Jin, I’ll need you two to help Sica with the video cameras and accesses. B.I, Bobby, I’ll need you two to be the insiders of the police station. Everyone else in this room is required for backup. Do I make myself clear?”

“Yes, ma’am!” everyone chanted besides Big B and Ailee.

“Operation, START!”

~

“Right eye, on.” she ordered and as commanded, her eye had turned to it shimmering gold nature.

“Right eye, scan.” she continued. Soon enough, she was given the whole layout of the building and mapped out her route to her destination.

Standing atop of a nearby apartment building, Ailee hopped down onto the roof of the police station and waited for her signal to move in. Down below was where B.I and Bobby were dressed in their disguise, going into the building.

“Good afternoon!” Bobby greeted to the men at the front desk, trying his best to put on a good show. However, he could feel his skin growing goosebumps as he started to sweat slightly from the nervousness.

“Ah! Good afternoon!” they greeted back.

“Lovely night isn’t it?” he smiled nervously.

“Quite. How come I’ve never seen you guys before?” one of them asked. Shocked from the sudden question that he wasn’t prepared for, B.I cleared his throat and stepped in.

“We’re new here. We have been admitted not long ago so I wouldn’t be surprised that you have never seen us before.” B.I told them. He wore a smile but his voice didn’t sound amused at all. He tried to express himself yet it still came out monotone, as he normally is.

“Ah I -” but with a strike to their stomach, Bobby and B.I were able to knock them out swiftly.

Since it was late at night, not many of the officers were patrolling the grounds. Most were in their staff room, enjoying conversation and having coffee and their laughter was audible from where they stood.

“You almost got us killed.” B.I glared.

“Sorry! I was nervous ok?” Bobby defended. “And besides, this is my first undercover mission! How am I supposed to blend in like you do? You have a much higher caliber than I do!” B.I looked at him for a second and heaved a sigh, clearly showing no further interest in the topic.

“You guys! Keep it down would you?” Mino asked, with an angry face. The two bowed their heads in apology as Mino, also dressed as an officer, made his way into the security room, knocking out the man on duty and hacked into the main surveillance system so that Jin also had access from outside. Once the surveillance was clear, no records would be kept and they can waltz around freely in the station without any evidence of their existence in there. B.I opened the staff room door and tossed a stun grenade inside, shutting the door almost instantly after and knocking out everyone who was inside. Now that most of the security has been taken care of, Jin, who sat in a van parked right outside, gave Ailee a thumbs up and she walked right in.

“We’ll let you take it on from here.” B.I told her, patting her on the shoulder as he headed outside to the van with Bobby following closely behind, looking as if he was in a rush to get out of there as soon as possible. Ailee looked straight ahead followed the route that she had mapped out.

The way there was much smoother than what she imagined since she was so used to having to go on heists alone. But since the yakuzas have dealt with most of the obstacles, it was a breeze. She would run into cops here and there but taking them out were as easy as pie. They were all so inexperienced with confronting a real and professional bunch of criminals that all they knew what to do was have their guns up. But even that was useless because no one dared to shoot.

But here was the annoying part. She found the door that lead to the room she needed to be. But it was heavily locked. Firstly, she need the finger scan of one of the higher officers, along with their key card and pin code.

Using her right eye, she scanned for the identification of the possible officers which have access to the specific room. Then, she sent the information over to Jihoon who replied to her requests in a matter of minutes.

The closest officer she needed to locate lived about two kilometers away from where they were. It wasn’t that far from there. Turning around, she headed for the main exit.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter