Eight

Mr. Kim & I

"What the hell, Aly," I jump on Yuri's sudden whisper in my left ear and I automatically just closed my laptop and sit innocently as nothing happened. "You've been up for hours to stalk on them?" She points out my closed laptop.

I follow her finger, tilting my head still innocently and pretending not to understand what she just talked about. "What? Who stalked who?"

She smirks, that smirks which I remember she's only gonna show when she teases me. "You've been stalking EXO!"

"I'm not!" I wave both of my hand, gesturing that I'm not like what she said. Eventhough I am. I think I've been spending about five and a half hours googling things about them. Like, do you want to give me any quiz about this EXO thingy? Go ahead. Chanyeol's nickname? Happy virus. Lay's favorite place? Baekhyun's granma house. DO's first drama? It's Okay, It's Love. Kai's favorite quote? I'd rather bend than break. Well, 10 out of 10 to me.

But, of course, I never want to admit that.

"You are!" she squints her eyes suspiciously. "But anyway, its not that bad," she takes a sit on the empty space next to me. "They're somehow the coolest boyband in the whole nation actually."

I have no idea what to respons, so I just follow her movement. "Which one do you like the most, Aly?" Yuri continues.

I frown, acting like I'm so offended by her question. "I don't know any of them."

"Ey," she hushes me, "don't lie. But for me, Kai is the iest actually."

I gulp nervously, but then remember something, "you said you like Kenzo! Or Kenny, I don't remember.."

"Oh my God, Aly, who's Kenzo? I said its Kai! Kai!" she laughs. "You know, he was injured last week right? I cried here all night with you. It's Kai, not Kenzo."

I feel like something hits me straight on my chest. , so the guy whom I thought was named Kenzo, the one Yuri was crying for, who actually is a very huge superstar is practically MY patient.

There's nothing can be crazier than this.

"I've asked Seungri if Kai went to the hospital where he works, but sadly he did not," she adds while she takes off her socks.

Oh, he's in the hospital where we work, Yuri! I want to say it out loud, but without I know the reason myself, I decide to keep it to myself. It must be a secret between the members and only for the doctors he's staying in our hospital, I think.

"I really want to see Kai actually. I want to talk to him and tell him how much precious he is, how beautiful it is when he dances," her eyes wander through the air into our ceiling.

I keep staring at Yuri as she continues talking about Kai. Is he that awesome? Is he that precious?

---

The first time that comes into my mind when I step inside the hospital in the following morning that I need to go to Kai's, or I prefer, Jongin my patient's room as soon as possible. All I want to say to him, why didn't he tell me so I won't look that stupid for not knowing such bunch of huge superstars around me. Why didn't he tell me anything when all of those members came out and I had no idea who the hell they are. But when I knock the door and push it opened, I find the room empty. The bed's empty, the bedside's empty and so is the whole room. It looks like someone just came and cleaned it.

"What the hell," I mutter to myself. "He's not even recovered yet!"

I step back and close the door, half-running toward my room to see if Professor Junlee's there, but unfortunately he's not.

---

The leaves finally turn their color when November reaches its peak. The whole city magnificently turns yellow, red and orange while the temperature goes down and down. It's been more than two months I've been living here in Seoul, but for the sake of anything in this earth, I haven't got any proper leisure time for myself! My parents back in my country always reminding me to visit Nami Island specifically in autumn, because they said its Daebak there at that time. And it's already autumn here. But, I've only been working five days a week ever since and all the weekends I only spent for resting and just going out the trendy places, like Myeongdong or Hongdae, or even just spreading a picnic mat with Yuri and her boyfriend in the park or by the Han River and yeah, I am the third wheel. Because, what can I say? Piles of papers wont stop coming on my doorstep and seems like Prof. Junlee really likes me as his student that he doesn't want to hire anybody else to be his assistant. God, please let me sleep.

It's been two or three weeks too since the last time I saw Jongin my patient. I wonder if he's okay?

I asked Prof. Junlee right after I found out he wasn't in his room anymore that following evening, but he only answered that he got schedule to be done and had to leave the hospital soon. Even when he's not recovered yet.

I guess it's because his busy schedule?

I have no idea about his schedule, though. I could google it on the net actually, but I've been too busy I could not even check anything beside my papers. Well, I could ask Yuri too... But, I can't help but imagining how would her reaction be if I ever mention his lethal favorite boyband EXO. She'll tease me until the world ends.

I get up from my chair and stretch my back. "It's almost lunch," I say while thinking what to eat this time. Should I eat anything healthier? I've been eating Ramyeon for two days straight and I don't want my intestines got infected just because of it. Should I eat something like Bbibimbap? More veggies and healthy stuffs?

Knock, knock.

Someone knocks the door. I answer half-loudly, "yes?"

The door swings open and anything that comes after it, I mean, the person who comes after it, just really startles me. "Annyong~~~"

"Jongin-ssi?" I feel like my heart just skips a beat.

He grins as he walks carefully inside with a crutches. Seeing him looks like that, I automatically walk toward him to help him walk and take him to the sofa across the room. "Thank you, Doc," the grin on his face's still there. I don't think it will be able to leave that face.

I try to catch my breath, "what? Why are you here? But, nope, why did you leave like that?"

He stares at me, holding his laugh that makes both of eyes narrowed and formed a shape of crescent. Such an adorable eye-smile. "I've got stuff to do," he answers lightly. "But, anyway, I feel like I want to greet you again that's why I am here."

I study his face to find anything suspicious but I can't find any. Instead I just catch the sincerity that shown all over his face. I can't believe this guy whom I just saw on my laptop screen is really sitting infront of me. My life must be so surreal.

"Doctor, you look so terrible." He tells me, staring at my eyes. I think he meant the black part under my eyes.

I rest my back on the sofa, sighing. "No, I'm okay. How is your leg, Kai-ssi?"

He looks into his right leg and shrug, "it's fine, I think--" he stops dead, turning his head back to me. "Did you.. did you just call me...?"

I raise my eyebrow and cant stop smiling upon seeing his adorable expression, he still pouts even when he's nervous. "What?" I ask.

"Did you just call me Kai?" he repeats, running his fingers through his hair.

I still look at him, straight into his eyes, without answering yet hoping he will say anything. But, it looks like he waits for my answer. "How do you expect me to remain innocent while I can see your face everywhere, Kai-ssi?" I play with my fingers, "in the subway, on the street, at bus stop, at supermarket, at a fast food restaurant. You are really everywhere." I exaggerate the tone on my last words while pretending to shake my head in disbelief.

Somehow that catches him off guard, he stills. "Ah, why..." he mumbles as he slightly hits his knee.

"Why why?" I look at him curiously. "Why didn't you tell me that you are a big star?"

He immediately shakes his head, "no no. Don't say like that."

His respons actually surprises me. The look on his face says that he really doesn't like the idea of someone brings up the topic about him as a global superstar, which somehow a little bit weird to me since the naughty smirk on his face makes up the image of him liking the idea (about him as a star), yet the adorableness in his innocence expression he just made says the opposite thing. "But, I can't believe you're really a big star," I hesitate for a moment, "oppa."

Ugh, I hate myself. But, as soon as I say that magically irritating word, the smile on Jongin's face grows and I'm pretty sure he's not trying to hide it. "Wow, that sounds great. Can you repeat it again for me, Doctor?"

I laugh, then I hit his shoulder lightly. "Did you just teleport here?"

He blinks. "I teleport everywhere and everytime," he answers, he straightens his legs so he has his back on the sofa.

"But really, why didn't you tell me?"

He lets out a long, deep breath. "It felt so nice to see somebody looks at me as Jongin, Doctor, not Kai." He stares at his empty hand, somehow looks sad and tired, "it's just been a while."

"It was because I stupidly didn't know you. Maybe if I had known you before, I would see you as the y dancing machine Kai," I say without thinking, but he cuts in with him looking so offended.

"So, you're thinking about Kai, right now? Not Jongin?"

Oh my God this weird boy. How could one girl stop thinking about a very y guy on the stage if he's sitting right infront of you? And also, his question is so weird. "Aren't you both the same person?"

He looks like he's thinking, then chuckles, "We are. Sometimes."

A long silence follows as he begins tapping his knee with his fingers, I watch him over until I realize how hungry I am at that time. "Jongin-ssi," I call out.

"Oppa."

I roll my eyes, "yeah whatever. I'm going for lunch. Have you eaten anything?"

He shakes his head.

"Um," I hesitate. "Do you want to come with me?"

"Where are you going?"

"I'm not sure, perhaps the restaurant across the hospital?" I'm not sure if cheap food is one of his style. Well, he's a big star afterall.

He looks concerned for a moment, then asks, "will there be too many people around at this time?"

I gaze at my watch, "well, since its lunch time, I'm sure there will be some ahjussis who works at the construction next to this hospital eating there. Don't worry, I think the ahjussi wont really recognize you?"

His face brightens, "well, it's not about me actually. But, it sounds perfect! Let's go." He gets up in excitement and seems to have forgotten that he still needs his crutch to walk then he almost falls back to the sofa.

I catch his arm and shot him a warning look, he grins.