Chapter One

Mr. Kim & I

I just don't want to go. That's what I think about the plane that flies non-stop to Seoul, South Korea, and I am now inside that freaking plane. Sit by the window pathetically alone, accompanied by my iPod that plays "London is the Place for Me" from Paddington Movie Soundtrack and my favorite novel which titled "I Heart London" by Lindsey Kelk.

This plane should have flown me to London, I say to myself in disbelief.

But, we all know that sometimes things don't work out as we wish. And that's what happened to me.

So, hi there. I'm Alaska, the 23-years-old most pathetic girl ever existed who failed miserably to pursue her dream to continue her study in London, but instead of getting the scholarship in the city of London; she got accepted in the country she had never imagined she would be staying and studying for like, two years. Yes, that girl is me and I have no idea at all now why I agreed on this offer.

Well, I just graduated from a medical school as a young doctor last July and I didn't expect that my final score will turn out so great that my professor could give me two recommendations for scholarship abroad. I was so surprised, so happy and so excited that time and I think I could finally pursue my dream to work in a hospital in England, so he sort of made the first recommendation letter to the university I would like to apply in London. I told you I was way too excited and I couldn't even think clearly when my professor said he was going to send the second recommendation letter to the university he graduated from, I said yes.

I just said yes before asking where was his almamater. I just thought, oh it would be in Singapore or Japan, because most of the lectures and professors in my college are graduated from there.

Then it turned out, he was graduated from National University of Korea and that school accepted my professor's recommendation about sending me, or more like, throwing me to that school. Oh dear.

Honestly, it's not like I hate that whole nation. I really just think that country and anything related are too overrated for me since almost every girls in my country praise this country so damn everytime and I'm just so tired about it. That's why I couldn't even imagine how would I survive two years in there.

I tap the screen infront of me. Three more hours. Three more hours until I finally start my new journey and it's all dark outside my window.