Five

Mr. Kim & I

Now what should I do? I ask myself, turn around to see this Mr. Kim who, I think, still has no idea what has just happened. Both of his eyes closed and he looks more peaceful in his sleep now.

I walk to the nearest chair beside his bed and start to open his green file, somehow I'm just curious of his medical record after Professor Junlee said, "this young man is actually my patient" and then, while flipping the papers one by one, I realize that Mr. Kim has been Professor Junlee's humble patient since he was 14, which is already ten years now.

"Wow," I mumble in surprise. "He got such a lot of injuries during all those years. Back injury, ankle injury, calf injury... What is he doing actually?" I close the file to look at him.

Still, the second time I stare at him, he's still look so fine, even with his pink hair. He has such a pretty square-shaped nose and pretty lips and this one like I said before, such a strong jawline which I'm pretty sure will make every girls in the nation go crazy. But not me, ofcourse. Then, his posture. I don't want to admit it, but I have to. He has such a perfect body, fit enough without too many muscle (I think?) and oh, his glorious legs, with one leg bandaged, his legs seem pretty hard and strong which I indicate he uses them a lot everyday. Like really. Why does this young man look so fine?

I shake my head swiftly, trying to get my mind back. What are you thinking about, Al? I need to go back to the room now.

As I get up from the chair and straighten my coat, I hear a soft whisper. "Water..."

I whirl around and I see this Mr. Kim tries to open his eyes and his right hand waves fecklessly, reaching for water. I walk fast toward him and grab a glass of water, "here, here. Can you lift your head a little bit?"

Mr. Kim slowly turns his head to me, he looks too sleepy. And too cute. He nods in agreement.

I carefully put my head around his neck, lifting his head so he can finally drink.

"Are you my doctor?" He asks after he finished his drink. His voice still sounds so rough and weak.

I hesitate for a while, because I'm not sure what to answer. "Well, not really. I'm just here to help him actually," I shrug.

He nods and looks away, now staring at the ceiling.

I still watch him.

"It hurts so bad," he whispered as he runs frustated hand through his pink hair.

"I'm sorry, it must be very hurt for you," I say sincerely. "But, it's okay now! You'll get better soon enough."

"Really? Soon enough? Soon enough until I can get back to the stage? When is soon, then?" He looks at me again now and his voice sounds so frustated. Eventhough its still weak, but I can hear the frustated, worried and insecurity in between. And again, anyway, the stage. What does he mean by the stage? Why does he need to get back to the stage soon?

Probably he realizes that his voices a bit scares me, he softens his expression and sighs. "I'm sorry," he closes his eyes again.

"Um," I try to speak, "I'm pretty sure if you come for the recovery appointment on-time and dilligently, you will get better even sooner. Maybe just in a month and half? It's possible. You just need to believe that and we will-- I mean, Professor Junlee is doing his best to help you."

I wait for his response.

Nothing. He still closes his eyes.

I continue, "and surely you can get back on the... stage? Yeah, stage, to do whatever you've been doing."

He suddenly opens his eyes and turns his head to me, which a bit surprises me. "Hey," he calls.

"Yes?"

"Do you even know me?"

Of couse not, why should I? "You're my professor's patient," I answer confidently tough.

He chuckles, a chuckle that makes his eyes go smaller and adorable. "You don't know me."

I raise one of my eyebrows. "Do I really have to know you before?"

He shakes his head weakly and smiles. This kind of smiles that makes your heart flutters and without you knowing, you say to yourself, oh sh1t. "No. It's better this way."

I stare at him, confused. This guy is so weird.

For the second time I get up again and decide that it's time to leave the patient for some proper rest. "I'll have to leave, just ring the bell next to you, there," I point out the small bell on the wall beside him, "and someone will come to you."

He still looks at me, "who's gonna come here?"

"The nurse, obvious--"

He cuts in, "not you?"

I really can't answer for a few second, then I give him my warmest smile I can make to him. "I'm sorry, but I still have other patients to take care of too just like Professor Junlee does. But, surely, I will come here too to see you tomorrow."

He does not answer for a moment, then he nods.

"So, rest well, Mr. Kim?"

I slighty bow to him and walk toward the door, but when I reach for the knob, his voice startles me. "Doctor Alaska?"

I whirl around, again. He knows my name? "Yes, Mr. Kim?"

"Why Alaska?"

I frown, trying to catch what did this weird guy just say. "Excuse me?"

"Why is your name Alaska?" he repeats. "Is it because you're cold?"

"What?" I chuckle. "No, no, its not that."

He grins. , he really does have such a charming smile. "Then, what?"

I think for a second, then answer, "my parents met in Alaska. So, I was named after that historical event."