Seven

Mr. Kim & I

The train which will bring me back to my flat comes in just a second the moment I arrive at the platform. It's the busy hour, so I can't be expecting empty trains while there are so many people around waiting for the same train. I step inside the train and take the empty space near the door. I look around as the door shuts automatically and realizes that most of people already wrapped up in thick sweaters and coats now.

It really gets colder as autumn comes. Ah, and the trees will soon change its color into brown, red, yellow, orange and I really can't wait to see those magnificent view around in just a couple of days.

I am about to pick out my phone from my pocket until I spot a A3-sized poster on the train wall and notice some familiar faces. I have never paid attention to the posters, billboards, or any kind of advertisement around before, but this time, I still clearly remember the face of the guys I just met today in Jongin's room are all similar to those guys on Peppero advertisement on the wall.

I take a few step forward, squinting my eyes to make sure of myself that I didn't get this mad idea wrong. That tall guy with that yoda ears, that heart-shaped lips guy, the guy with such a nice forehead who really resembles the kiddo-like guy, and that one, it's Sehun right? I can remember clearly because he looks so fair and seems doesn't speak a lot and that cute puppy guy, and I frown, I know how does my patient look, don't I? He's Jongin. Eventhough he doesn't have his pink hair here, but I know he's Jongin! With that adorable eye-smile and square-shaped nose. I still remember the way he pouts when he talks.

Holy zhit.

They are famous, aren't they? That's why they were so surprised that I don't know them. That's why Jongin wasn't sure if I really didn't know him. I blink fastly, still looking straight at their peppero poster in disbelief. It's written down there, the word "EXO".

Who the hell EXO is? What does it mean?

A very high amount of curiousity takes over my brain and I immediately just take out my phone, swapping the lock on my screen and searching for Yuri's number and tap the green phone sign.

Beep, beep. For a few second until I can hear Yuri's familiar voice in the opposite line. "Yuri's here. What's up, Al?

"Yuri, who's EXO? What's EXO? Are they famous people?" I ask right away until I sort of run out my breath.

"What? Calm down, Al. What's with you?"

I try to breath normally, "really, who's these bunch of guys?"

I can hear she laughs upon hearing my question which annoys me a bit actually, then adds, "these are those hot boys sent from the outer space, Aly! They're now global superstars actually. You really don't know them?"

I shake my head, but soon realize that she can't see me. "No."

"You're joking!"

"I'm not."

"I've been living with you for a month and I know you're dense, but I'm pretty sure you're aware about it since you've been in Korea for more than a month, Aly." She says, sound a bit offended because I had no idea who are these outer-space guys.

"I'm not interested at all. But, who are these guys?"

She sighs loudly, "they are that boyband, Al! That boyband everyone has been talking about. Three years debuted, but already broke so many records worldwide. Go home and google them, idiot!"

---

So, just like what Yuri told me. I arrive at our flat and immediately run to my room and log into my laptop. I type the word EXO right away and here they are. Thousands articles pop out and I just decide to click on the very standard one: Wikipedia.

EXO, the newest boyband under the rich SM label, just debuted three years ago, with two sub-group EXO-K and EXO-M, each promoted with six members. But since the Wolf era, promoting with twelve members but currently been going on with only ten members, hit the world with their song 'Growl, and broke the one million seller album after 12 years, have won this and that awards and the list goes on...

"Godness," I mutter to myself, super-mega-shocked.

I click on some pictures and here they are. They are in photoshoots, they are in advertisement and still, the pictures go on. Then I see Jongin's picture, the one I find very attractive. Irritatingly attractive if I can say that. I think it's the screenshot from his music video or something, but he smirks there. The naughty smirks that makes everyone's heart melts. I will beg my heart that mine wont.

I click for another picture and find the one with twelve members with uniforms. It looks like they had the theme of high school graduation, and they had their own photos with their identity below their photos. Suho, Kris, Luhan, Chanyeol, D.O--

"So, his stage name is Kai?"