Chapter 15 - Do you like him?

[BTS fanfic] Rebirth

19/01/16

***

I turned around and Taehyung walked towards me. I put on an awkward smile, "Ah Taehyung ah." He gave me a serious look. Was i caught red handed?

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Ah i came to hang out with Block B," I said while trying to avoid his eyes.

"Did you by chance....heard anything just now?" He asked and i started to panic and fidget a lot.

"Heard what?" I asked and put on my signature poker face.

"Ah nothing. Let's go," He said and walked away. Soon after he left, the girl from before came out and she was crying.

"Kim Taehyung, i will remember this for life," I heard her murmured. I quickly walked back.

Zico and Suga was rapping when i came back. I sat with Block B since i said i'd hang out with them. Without knowing, i was constantly turning back to check on Taehyung. One moment he was laughing away being his 4D self, the other moment he will be dancing and the next moment he is dazing out.

"Yah Lee Ahn," Jaehyo called out and i got a shock.

"A-Ah nae?"

"Are you okay?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"O-Of course i'm okay, why wouldn't i be okay haha," I laughed with much sarcasm.

Jaehyo leaned in closer and tucked a stray strand of hair behind my ear, "You don't look okay to me," He said softly despite the loud music. I blinked and slowly back away, but he came nearer. He smirked and grabbed my wrist, "Come with me."

"Where are we going?" I said loudly, challenging the loud screams and music. So this is how an underground hip hop scene feels like.

I followed him out of the club.

"Yah where are we going?" I asked again.

"Fresh air," He said and stretched. He continued walking and i tried to catch up. His legs are so long, his walking speed equals to my jogging speed.

"Yah wait for me!" I shouted and ran after him.

We stopped at a street store and he ordered a bunch of food.

"Are you going to eat all these by yourself?" I asked. 

"Eat up while it's still hot," He said and gave me a bowl of ddeokbokki and eomuk-guk.

15 minutes later, all the food were gone and we slowly walked back to Underground. It was a silent stroll. I stole glances at Jaehyo from time to time and he has his lips pursed throughout.

"Why are you looking at me?" He said while looking on the ground. The side of his mouth formed into a small smile.

"Eh? I-I did not!" I denied.

Jaehyo chuckled, "Lee Ahn ah."

"Hmm?"

"Do you like him?" He asked. I was taken aback by his question. What does he mean?

"Like? Like who?" I played dumb.

He stopped walking and faced me, "Do you like Taehyung?"

The atmosphere became so dull all of a sudden. It was so quiet, so quiet that the only sound you could hear is our heart beating and our breathing.

"Eh?" I tilt my head. He placed his hands on my shoulder and looked me in the eyes, "I'll ask you again, do you like Taehyung? Be honest."

"I-I only like him as a close friend, as someone i would want to work with in the future," I answered truthfully. I don't even know the answer well, do i really like him?

"Really? Because i saw the way you look at him just now, it's different from how you look at the rest of us," He removed his hands and continued walking.

"Wait Jaehyo, what do you mean?" I asked and grabbed onto his arm.

"Nah it's nothing, you're still too young to understand," He chuckled and ruffled my hair. He draped his arm across my shoulder, "Kaja." Too young? But i'm already old enough to have alcohol and enter a club....

"It's not the right time to tell her yet." Jaehyo thought to himself and shook his head.

We came back to Undergound and walk past Bangtan's table. Jin smiled at me and i smiled back, Jimin and J-Hope seems drunk already, Rap mon and Suga is still not around, Jungkook is busy taking care of his drunk hyungs while Taehyung....He stood up and grabbed my hand, "I need to talk to you."

I followed after him and Jaehyo tailed behind us. I looked back and mouthed to him "I'll be fine, please go," He pouted and stopped following us.

 

We came to a park, an empty one. He sat on the bench and gestured for me to sit down.

"What is it that you want to tell me?" I asked and sat beside him.

"Earlier on at the washroom....."

No way......

"You were there right? You overheard everything, am i right?" He asked and i was flustered.

I sighed, "Nae. But i can explain! I didn't mean to eavesdrop i was just--"

"Nah it's okay, i don't mind," He smiled slightly.

"I just want to clarify everything. That girl you saw....." He said. Is he going to confess that he has a girlfriend?

"Is my sister," He finished. W...h...a....t......So it wasn't his girlfriend? It was his sister! Oh god what was i thinking all this time?!

"B-Bo? Your s-sister?" I asked with owl like eyes.

"Nae. We fought and she came all the way from Daegu to Seoul just to speak with me because i didn't want to answer her calls," He explained. "She wanted me to come home and stop my career. My family doesn't support me in whatever i'm doing, they thought it was a waste of time but i refused to listen."

"Are your parents disappointed?" I asked.

"Very, but i can't and i won't stop what i'm doing. I love my career, it's my passion. I always loved performing since i was a kid, i love dancing and singing. I just....can't bare to give up my dreams just to make my parents happy. I love Bangtan, i love what i'm doing," He continued.

I haven't seen Taehyung this emotional before, it was another side of him i'm seeing.

"Because of this, i'm very stressed. I have to prepare for our comeback yet i have to deal with my family's disappointment towards me," He said as tears started rolling down this cheeks. He quickly wiped his tears, "I'm sorry, i'm very boring huh."

"No Taehyung, it's okay just....let it all out. I'm here to listen to you, i'm here for you," I said and patted his back.

"Thank you, Lee Ahn ah," He said almost whispering, i smiled and nodded.

The tough and hilarious Taehyung i used to laugh with everyday, is actually this soft inside.

***

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! :)

Till next time, remember to follow me on twitter @jiyongsenpai and don't forget to vote/comment/follow! Love y'all <3

-Sarah :)