Chapter 9 - Audition day

[BTS fanfic] Rebirth

11/11/15

***

I was pretty much distracted during the test, busy thinking about the girl who was talking to Taehyung. Who is she? Is she....his girlfriend? On the other hand, i surprisingly passed the test!

".....You just need to put more feelings into the lyrics but overall you're great," Mr Williams commented.

"Thank you sir," I bowed and went back to my seat.

"You were great!" Jungkook mouthed and showed me two thumbs up.

"Gomawo," I mouthed back and smiled.

"I knew you were good at singing," Taehyung who was sitting beside me, said. I just replied him with a smile.

After the whole test was over, our teacher announced our results. I was placed into the same group as Bangtan! Although J-Hope, Rap Monster and Suga are rappers, they're actually really good at singing.

"Hey, are you okay?" Jimin asked and placed his hand on my shoulder with much concern.

"Yeah i'm fine, just a little tired," I assured him with a slight smile.

"You deserve a good rest, we'll send you home," Rap Mon said.

"Nah it's okay, my chauffeur will be picking me--" Just then my phone rang. It was a call from my mom, telling me that my chauffeur won't be able to pick me up today as he is down with a terrible cold.

"I guess not?" J-Hope chuckled. I sighed and nodded.

"Come on let's go, we'll send you back,"Taehyung placed his arm over my shoulder and walked over to their van.

 

"Have a good rest," Jin smiled.

"We'll see you tomorrow, noona!" Jungkook waved.

"You were great earlier on, rest well," Taehyung pat the top of my head.

"See you tomorrow Lee Ahn ah, have a good rest," Suga smiled.

"Bye guys, see you tomorrow!" I waved goodbye and went into the house.

The moment i got into the house, i went to my room, shut the door and threw my bag on the bed.

"YAH JUNG DONGAH!" I shouted.

Silence.

"JUNG DONG--"

"Bo?! You're shouting the moment you reach home!" DongAh's voice was heard.

"I told you i'll get you when i'm home! Now, come out!" I yelled.

She appeared in front of me, hair in a terrible mess and eyes still half closed.

"What do you want?" She yawned and folded her arms.

"Why did you say that?" I questioned.

"Say what?"

"Ha, don't try to act all innocent now, you know it yourself."

"Oh! About why you should date Jackson?" She asked with a cheeky smile. I raised an eyebrow, giving her the you-don't-say face.

"You said he was cute, further more he likes you so you should date him!"

"I just said he was cute, that's all! He's not even my type so--"

"Your type is Taehyung, am i right? You'd rather date Taehyung, right? You like him."

At this point, i was speechless. I couldn't even speak and defend myself. I wanted to say no, that it's not true but why ain't i saying anything?

"I....I......."

"You know yourself the best, Lee Ahn," DongAh said and disappeared. Why is she always leaving me hanging?

The next morning i woke up, questioning myself why did i not say anything last night. Is it because what DongAh said was true? I don't even know myself well, i don't even know what am i feeling.

"Rise and shine, good morning," DongAh greeted me with the table full of mouthwatering food.

"Wow...."

"I specially made all these for you," She said with a rather sweet smile.

"You made all these? I didn't know DongAh can cook," I chuckled. "Where's my mom?"

"Yah, i tried my best. She went out without making you breakfast, so i made it. Give it a try!" She said and shove a piece of sausage into my mouth.

I spat it out immediately, "What is this?!"

"Sausage, duh. Is it cooked yet?" She asked whilst rubbing her nape.

"It's burnt!" I gave her a disgusted look. I tried the rest of the food and nope, they all tasted as bad as the sausage.

"Aish forget it, go get breakfast for youself!"

"Not even appreciating the food i made for you....." She mumbled and hissed.

"Yah! They're either burnt or not cooked, do you want me to suffer the day with an upset tummy?" I explained.

"Okay, okay. Our dear princess Lee Ahn is having her audition today so she must be fit and well, am i right?" She said with sarcasm in her tone.

Audition, today is the audition day! Just then i received a phone call, from Rap Monster.

"Lee Ahn noona!" Rap Mon exclaimed over the line.

"Annyeong Lee Ahn!" I heard Jin at the back.

"Hey," I replied. The background was really noisy, i couldn't really hear what Rap Mon is saying. The last thing i heard before he hung up was "i need to poop".

Within a minute, he called back again.

"Hi sorry, the boys all wanted to talk to you and i accidentally ended the call," He said really quickly.

"It's okay," I chuckled.

"Good luck for the auditions later, chingu ya!" Suga said. I assumed he snatched Rap Mon's phone away.

"GOOD LUCK NOONA! NEVER GIVE UP!" Taehyung shouted.

"Noona, no matter what just remember not to be nervous okay. Best of luck!" Jungkook said calmly.

"Good luck!!!" Jimin shouted.

"Okay, give me back my phone," I heard Rap Mon said. "Remember all my advises noona, take in a deep breath and exhale slowly."

"Yes Namjoon, i know. Thank you guys so much for the encouragement!"

"We're so sorry we can't be there to warm you up before the auditions, we have to work for our upcoming album," Jungkook said in a rather saddened voice.

"It's okay kookie ah, don't worry! I'll be fine by myself," I assured him.

"Oh before we go, J-Hope says good luck and he's sorry he can't tell you personally because he needed the washroom really badly."

"Tell him i said thanks and not to worry," I laughed. So it was J-Hope who needed to....you know....

"Alright i guess that's all, good luck and we'll see you soon!" Rap Mon said before the boys all shouted 'bye'.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"But we can still watch her auditions in the recording room right?" Taehyung asked.

"What? How?" Jin asked.

"We can, they will be recording the whole audition so we get to see the recording live in the studio," Rap Mon explained.

"I hope she does well," Jungkook sighed.

"She will, don't worry kookie ah," Jimin comforted.

"Let's have soju once she made it through!" Suga cheered.

"Underage," Jungkook glared.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's currently 9am and the registration for the auditions is at 12pm. My mom gave me words of encouragement last night and told me how proud she is to see her daughter turning into an idol. But it'll only happen, when i successfully get into BigHit.

"Aren't you going to practice?" DongAh asked.

"I'm about to start soon, but not at home," I said while picking out my clothes to wear for the audition later.

"Not at home? Then where?"

"The studio, just three streets away."

After about 20 minutes of considering what to wear, i finally decided on an oversized flannel, basic t-shirt and denim shorts; totally forgetting about the cold outside.

I got out of the apartment and looked up at the BigHit building, i can make it, i will make it.

I went to the studio which i booked last night and practiced my singing. Not forgetting the dance steps J-Hope and Jimin taught me, just in case they asked to showcase my dance skills. Slowly, a few hours passed and i quickly made my way to BigHit training center, where the auditions will be held.

The moment i arrived at the building, there was a long queue. People are practicing their singing, dancing and even rapping. At this point, i know chances of me to get into BigHit is low, very low. There are so many talented people here while me, i'm just a small potato. What's worst is that it starting snowing, but thank god i brought a few more heat packs in my bag.

Soon, it was my turn. I filled up the form and got my number, 0111.

Slowly, people are coming out of the room, some crying and some dazing out. Is it really that bad? Now it worries me, it's making me so anxious that i might suffer from a panic attack.

"Contestant 0111, please come in."

It was my turn. There's no more turning back, i've already made it this far. Taehyung's words echoed in my head, Never give up. I should just give it a try, it wouldn't hurt just trying, right?

***

Hi!!!

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! :-)

VIXX just made their comeback with 'Chained up' recently! Do check the MV out if you haven't done so, the song is really catchy! :-)

Till then, thanks for reading! Remember to follow me on twitter @jiyongsenpai and don't forget to vote/comment/follow! Love yall <3