Chapter 8

Fatal Frame: White Lotus

 

Leo shut the door quickly and staggered back, tripping over the rug and falling down. Ken hid behind the closet door, curled in a ball. Leo sat there, breathing rapidly, afraid to move. There was hard knocking at the door, as if someone were banging their fist on it.

"Please open the door..." said the voice of a little girl in a soft whisper. Leo looked back at Ken who was now looking at him. Ken shook his head no. They waited a few more minutes, but didn't hear anymore voices or knocking. 

"S-should we go out?" Leo said looking at Ken.

"I don't wanna..." Ken mumbled in a terrified voice. Leo stood up slowly then went to help Ken stand as well. Ken was trembling to the point where his legs were wobbling like jelly. "I don't like this house Leo...I want to leave now.." he begged.

"We just have to search a little more. I'm sure we'll find something, okay? Stay close to me," Leo said rubbing Ken's arms. Ken nodded then followed Leo as he headed to the door. Very slowly...he began to open it...

The woman..or little girl at the door was gone. "Strange...from what I saw...that was no little girl, but the voice was definitely a little girl's," said Leo. They walked out into the dark hallway. The hallway stretched down a long way as Leo shined his flashlight. The light couldn't even reach the end of the darkened hallway. Leo then turned in the other direction towards the staircase.

"Okay, I need to go get the camera.." he said. Just as he was about to take a step, he could hear the floorboards creaking...as if someone was walking down the hallway...

He turned back in the direction of the long hallway, hesitant to shine his flashlight down it, afraid of what he might see. Just then, Ken started running down the dark hallway full speed. Leo's eyes widened.

"Ken!! Stop!! Don't go down there!!!" he screamed, but the boy disappered in the darkness. Leo hurried after him quickly. The floor creaked beneath his feet loudly. He reached the end of the hall which turned. At the end of the second hallway, he could see a faint candle light, and Ken walking down towards it. "Ken!!" Leo shouted from the other end of the hallway. Ken stopped, then turned around as he heard Leo call his name. Ken began slowly walking towards Leo down the long hallway. The light from the candle dimly revealed Ken from the other end of the hallway, but as he reached the middle, Leo couldn't see his face as the dark hall inshadowed him. Leo looked closer, trying to see Ken through the darkness, but something wasn't right. The person who was walking towards him wasn't Ken...a girl with long black hair was creeping towards him, a smile on her dead face with the thirst to kill. Leo gasped trying to blink a few times to see if he was seeing things, but the girl was there, and she was coming straight for him. Leo quickly started running down the other hall, looking back to see her chasing after him.

Leo felt two hands grab him as he was running and pulled him into a room. A hand covered his mouth as he tried to scream. "Shhh!!" a voice said to him. A loud knock was heard at the door.

"You can't stay in there forever..." said the soft voice again. The room Leo had been pulled in was dark, pitch black. Leo still had his flashlight in his hand. He lifted it up to shine it on the face of who had pulled him in the room.

"H-Hongbin!!" he choked out. Leo hugged Hongbin tightly, shocked to see him. "I-Is it really you??"

"Yes, it's me. What in the world are you doing here??" said Hongbin.

"I came here to find you!" said Leo.

"How did you know about this place?"

"I saw your notes."

"Then why did you ignore my warning? It's not safe here. I've had to hide out here, because she'll try to kill me if I leave," said Hongbin.

"By she...do you mean Ayame?" asked Leo. Hongbin nodded.

"So I guess you found her notes too? This is...or was her house. Right now, we're in her parents room. She'll never come in here, which is why it's the safest place in this house. She haunts every corner of this house and the Lotus Woods as well," said Hongbin.

"Then that was her that I saw...she was chasing me down the hallway...wait a minute..what happened to Ken!?!?"

"...You mean you weren't alone?"

"No...Ken came with me...he ran off and when I went after him...Ayame came after me...where is he??"

"I don't know...but we need to find a way to escape. Ayame's a psychopath and will kill us if we stay here."

"I'm not leaving Ken behind!! I promised I wouldn't leave him!"

"Leo it might already be too late. Ayame most likely has gotten to him...I'm sorry."

"No...." Leo held the sides of his head with his palms.

"Leo, listen. I've examined this room thoroughly and I think I've figured out what happened. I found a journal written by Ayame's mother. She said that the girl was crazy when she was little. She screamed and broke things when she didn't get her way..she even sent her own caretaker to the hospital, that's why her parents chose to move into this lakehouse, where they would be far away from civilization. She was too sick to be around other people. Soon after that, Ayame only got worse. Her parents couldn't take her anymore, and there was nothing they could do, so they left her alone here...for ten years." Leo looked up at Hongbin with wide eyes.

"Ten years? So she was a little girl when it occured.."

Hongbin nodded. "There's more. She stayed in this house for those long ten years, waiting for her parents to return, but they never did. Once she turned 17 years old, she decided to leave the house, but her condition got worse and she wanted nothing but revenge on her parents and the world for that matter. She began murdering whomever entered the Lotus Woods, luring them in with a melody that she either hummed or sang. This went on for two years, and when she turned 19, she felt even worse. Her heart was nothing but a black hole and she didn't feel a reason to live anymore. She took the 'white lotus' that her mother gave her long ago and ripped off every single petal while standing by a tree that had a rope attached to it. She climbed up the tree and---"

"Stop!! I already know what happens next..." Leo said interupting. " So what happened after she died?"

"Her spirit remained here, tormenting those who get lost in the woods. She traps them so they can't find their way back and she feeds off those who are like her. She attaches herself to those who feel lonely." Leo began to feel nervous.

"..And then what...?"

"She kills them. She thinks she's doing 'justice'," Leo's heart began to race faster, he felt his breath shorten. Hongbin looked at him in concern.

"Leo? Are you alright?"

"S-she wants Ken...she's always wanted him..from the moment we stepped foot into these woods..she saw me treat him like and that's when she knew...Hongbin...she's going to kill him..."

 

 

 

---------------------------

A/N: Ayame's past revealed at last! So guys, this story will end soon, only a few chapters left! BUT! I'm thinking about doing another Fatal Frame story that will feature Ravi and Hyuk as the main characters with an entirely different plot/situation, but just as creepy and mysterious ;) let me know if you wanna see that happen!! I like making up these kinds of stories!

Also, feel free to check out some of my other crossover stories! :)

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/972043/black-stones-blast-angst-eunhae-eunwook-romance-superjunior-mpreg-siwook

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/964378/avatar-legend-of-kyungsoo-adventure-romance-kaisoo-xiuhan-baekhun-avatar-laysoo

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/967133/code-lyoko-shinee-evolution-crossover-jongho-ontae-romance-shinee-taekey-virtualworld

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/957782/kingdom-hearts-hansoo-action-adventure-fantasy-romance-hansoo