Chapter 9

Fatal Frame: White Lotus

 

Leo stood up and walked to the door, pressing his hands on it hesitantly. 

"Leo stop what are you doing? Don't open the door! You can't save him," said Hongbin. Leo turned around to look at him.

"You expect me to just let him die??" he shouted.

"If we want to get out of here alive....then a sacrifice needs to be made," said Hongbin.

"How could you say that???"

"Why should it matter?? We both never liked him anyway." Just then, a scream was heard. "Leo help me!!!" it screamed. On that note, Leo opened the door and Hongbin rushed over to close it back.

"Don't go out!" he said. Leo shoved him away roughly.

"Get off me! Screw you!" Leo shouted. He opened the door back and ran into the hallway. "Ken where are you??" Leo shouted as he looked all around him. He couldn't hear Ken anymore, which scared him. He thought about the camera and ran towards the stairwell, trudging down the creaking steps. His flashlight shined on the old camera. As soon as he picked it up, Ayame appeared at the top of the stairs and began to float down. Leo held up the camera, focusing the lens on the dead girl and hit the shutter. But...nothing happened. He tried again, nothing. The camera was out of film..

"," Leo said then ran down the stairs. Ayame was closing in on him when he heard Ken's voice again. "Leo!!!" he cried. Ayame stopped then looked up stairs and began to laugh sinisterly. She started floating back up.

"Don't you touch him!!" Leo shouted as he quickly ran up the stairs. By the time he reached the top, Ayame had disappeared. Leo sprinted down the hallway and around the corner to the dim lit candle hallway and saw Ken laying on the floor. "Ken!!" he yelled out as he ran to the fallen boy. He lifted him up and shook him by the shoulders, trying to wake him up. Ken slowly opened his eyes to look at Leo.

"L-Leo..?" he said in a soft voice. Leo's heavy heart finally felt relieved at the unharmed boy.

"Come on, stand up," Leo said as he helped the weak boy to his feet, wrapping Ken's arm around himself to support his body. The two walked into the room at the far end of the hallway, directly next to the dim candle. Leo shut the door behind them. "Can you stand on your own?" he asked. Ken nodded, then Leo carefully released him, then pushed him against the wall and crashed his lips onto Ken's, kissing him roughly. Ken whimpered at bit at the sudden affection.

"I thought I told you to stop running off huh??" Leo said breaking the kiss, then plundged right back into it, rubbing his hands up and down Ken's body. "I told you to stay beside me," Leo breathed against Ken's lips, not even giving him a chance to respond. "Do you have any idea how worried I was?? I thought she got to you," Leo said in between kisses again.

"Leo.." Ken moaned out. Leo wrapped his arms around Ken tightly, kissing his cheeks, forehead, nose, lips and every other visible piece of skin.

"Don't you dare do that again, do you understand me?" he said. Ken nodded, hugging Leo back.

"I don't really remember what happened..I was walking down the hall and then...I blanked out, next thing I knew I was waking up to you shaking me," said Ken.

"But I heard you cry for help, you called my name," said Leo.

"I-I don't remember doing that...I'm pretty sure I wasn't conscious.."

"...I bet Ayame mimicked you to lure me out of the room, and that Hongbin.."

"You found Hongbin??"

"Yeah..."

"Then we can go now right? Where is he??" Just then, there was a loud knock at the door.

"Leo open the door. I know you're in there," said a voice, which sounded like Hongbin's.

"It's Hongbin!" said Ken as he tried to move to the door, but Leo kept him against the wall, pressing his body tightly against Ken's, covering his mouth with his palm. The knock then got louder, then stopped. Leo listened as the footsteps walked away.

"Leo why didn't you open the door??"

"I don't think that was Hongbin..." Leo said as he moved off of Ken, turning around to realize what room they had gone into. The room was decorated for a child. A bed with white blankets and a fancy headboard sat in the far corner. There was a large vanity against the center wall, but the mirror was broken. On the dresser, sat a small music box.

"This is...Ayame's room," said Ken. Leo grabbed Ken's hand and held it tightly, insuring that the younger wouldn't escape. They walked up to the music box and examined it carefully without touching it. "It's exactly like the one from the vision," said Ken. Leo opened the top drawer of the dresser, nothing was inside. He opened the second one as well, then the third. Lastly, he opened the fourth and saw another white lotus, with only three petals. There was also a note folded up neatly. Leo pulled it out and opened it up.

Ayame's Final Note:

The white lotus will be symbolic of my death.

The white lotus...a momento from my mother...who also abandoned me.

Death to this white lotus as well as all my cherished memories with her.

If anyone comes looking for me...all they'll see is this. The empty stem of what it used to be.

I'll bury the petals by the tree and lay my body where those can find me..and when they do, I'll kill them.

I'll always be here until I'm forced to leave..

"I don't get it..." said Ken. Leo put the note back in the drawer.

"Until she's forced to leave..it's her spirit. Her spirit is always here and we need to exorcise it. Once we rid the woods of her spirit, we'll be free and so will anyone else who's here," he said.

"Y-you mean we can escape?" Ken said with hopeful eyes staring into Leo's. Leo reached over to kiss the boy lovingly.

"Yes, but I need you to stay by my side. I won't leave without you, okay? We're gonna get out of here together," he said Ken's hair, then kissed him again. Ken blushed a deep crimson red.

"How come you're showing me so much affection? I thought you didn't feel the same--"

"I do. Don't ask me why because I have no idea...but I do. I love you," Leo said then kissed him again passionately, on his bottom lip, making it red and puffy. He gently kissed it again after , then traced it with his tongue. Ken's eyes twinkled and welled with tears.

"I-I love you too..." he said trying to choke back his happy sob. Leo stood up, still holding Ken's hand.

"Alright, let's talk more about us later. If we're gonna get out of here, I need more film. The camera's completely out," he said. Ken nodded.

"Maybe there's some around here somewhere," he said. Leo led Ken to the door and slowly opened it. They exited Ayame's room and headed down the hallway slowly and on alert. The turned the corner and Leo stopped at the room Hongbin had pulled him in. The door was open...

"Leo, what is it?" Ken asked in concern. They walked into the room still linked together.

"Hongbin was in here...but he's gone," said Leo.

"Um Leo? Don't you find it strange that everyone else who disappeared in these woods...we haven't found any traces of them?" asked Ken.

"What do you mean exactly?"

"Well think about it, we've come across a lot of ghosts who mumbled things about being killed or warning that Ayame would kill us. No one is alive," said Ken.

"Hongbin is," Leo replied. Ken turned his head back to look at the doorway as his eyes widened in horror.

"A-are you sure..." he studdered. Leo noticed his face expression and turned to see what he was looking at. In the doorway, stood Hongbin. But...they could see right through him. 

"You two will be Ayame's next victims," he said with a satisfied smirk. Leo and Ken gasped and held onto eachother as they realized the situation at hand. Hongbin was dead.

 

 

 

---------------------------

A/N: I woke this morning feeling the urge to write more lovey dovey stuff so that explains the kissing scenes ;) only two chapters left! I will be making the sequel with Ravi and Hyuk as soon as I come up with a concept for it, then I'll link it for you guys :) thank you guys! I love you!! <3