Chapter 7

Fatal Frame: White Lotus

The lakehouse door slowly creaked open, allowing a chilling breeze to escape. The two boys entered the dark house. As soon as they stepped into the foyer, the door slammed shut behind them. Ken jumped from the sudden slam and clutched onto Leo's arm. Leo shined the flashlight around the house. There were cobwebs everywhere and a the house reeked of a horrid smell.

"Leo...I don't know about this...I don't think we should go any further," said Ken as he trembled.

"Come on, we've made it this far. Maybe we'll find more clues in this house and a possible escape route," said Leo. The two of them then began to walk forward and instantly started to see a vision.

 

A little girl was sitting at her vanity combing her long black hair while humming the tune from her music box. The girl seemed about  ten years old. Once her music box finished playing, she hopped down from her chair and ran down the long staircase.

"Mommy!" she shouted in hopes of seeing her mother, but as she reached the bottom, there was no one there. She looked all around and saw a note stuck to the mirror on the wall. She grabbed a chair and pushed it to the mirror and stood on it, grabbing the note. "Dear Ayame," she read, "We're going out for a while. Stay in the house and wait. Mom and Dad." The girl sighed and crumpled up the note.

"This is the fourteenth time they've left me all alone...I'm so sick of being alone.." she said beginning to cry. She ran to the kitchen and grabbed a butcher knife from the kitchen then began stabbin the walls out of anger. She swung the knife all around recklessly, scratching all the walls and chairs. She stabbed it against the mirror. She was going ballistic. Tears of anger, sorrow, neglect and loneliness all streaming down her face. 

"I don't know how much longer I can wait..."

 

The vision ended as the boys gasped. "D-did you see that?" Ken asked. Leo slowly nodded. The turned their attention to the inside of the house to see broken mirrors and scratches all over the walls. Scratches from a knife...

"She lived here in this lakehouse.." said Ken. Just then, they heard heavy footsteps coming from upstairs. Ken huddled close to Leo, holding him tight. "Someone's up there..." he said in a shaky voice. Leo could feel how fast his heart was beating, and his own wasn't much different.

"It could be Hongbin..." said Leo.

"What if it's not..." said Ken.

"We need to go up there, we need to see Ayame's room," said Leo. Ken shook his head rapidly pleading silently to Leo with his eyes, begging not to go up the staircase.

"Okay then how about I check and you wait by the staircase? I promise I'll only be gone for a second," said Leo.

"No don't leave me...stay with me," Ken pleaded. 

"Ken it would be pointless to turn back now. We would never find--"

"You promised!!!" Ken shouted, surprising Leo. He stared at Ken suspiciously, then placed his hands on Ken's shoulders.

"Ken, look at me. We're never gonna get anywhere if we stay in one place. We came here for a purpose and we need to fulfil it. I just need you to trust me, okay?" he said. Ken was trembling but finally shook his head in agreement. Ken felt a strange feeling within himself the moment they entered the house. He was worried that if he went any further...things would only get worse. 

The two finally began walking towards the old wooden staircase. It looked ancient and it was a winding staircase as well. Leo took the first step and began to climb, creaking every single step. Ken followed behind him slowly, taking his time climbing, fearing what would be at the top...

Just when they were about half way up when they heard a strange noise coming from the ceiling. They stopped to look up as Leo pointed his flashlight to the balcony then the old ceiling. All of sudden, they heard a massacre-like scream and something fell from the ceiling to the floor. Leo shined the light on the floor and saw a woman in a red kimono...a ghost. Her legs were broken and were bent under her. Her back layed on the ground and her head tilted back enough to stare Leo and Ken down. She began crawling in that position. Ken squeezed Leo's arm and screaming loud. Leo hurried to grab the camera, his hands trembling as he held it to his face. All of a sudden the woman began crawling even faster as she made her way to the stairs and began to crawl up them like a tarantula.

Her fast movements shocked Leo and his trembling hands dropped the camera. The Camera Obscura rolled its way down the stairs...right in front of the ghost. Leo's widened and gasped. He hesitated to try and get the camera, but as fast as the ghost was reaching him, he decided to grab Ken and charge up the rest of the stairs...leaving the camera behind...

 When they reached the top, then ran into the first door they saw and quickly shut it. Leo pulled Ken into a closet and slid the door shut. The two of them sat down in the corner to hide. Leo placed his palm over Ken's mouth to hush his rapid breathing. They waited a few minutes to hear a door open, but they never heard anything.

"I-I think it's gone.." Leo said after they waited a while.

"That thing creeped me out...I really thought she would get us.." said Ken.

"I was just as creeped as you were...I can't believe I dropped the camera...ugh I'm such an idiot," said Leo.

"Can we just stay in here for a while?" asked Ken. Leo shook his head and slid the door back open to crawl out.

"I need to get the camera back," he said. Ken quickly followed after him.

"But what if that thing is still out there??" he cried.

"I don't hear anything so it must be gone," said Leo. He stoodup and walked to the door, wrapping his hand around the doorknob. He stood there, hesitating for a few seconds, then slowly cracked the door...a dead woman was standing there, looking him in the eye.

 

 

----------------------

A/N: Double update!! I love you guys! <3