Chapter 1

Fatal Frame: White Lotus

The flight to Japan was annoying to Leo. Mainly because Ken kept talking his ear off about all these supersitions and "true" ghost stories. Leo had just about heard enough.

"Can you shut up for once in your life?" he said.

"I'm just trying to make conversation. Why are you so boring? You never talk to me," said Ken.

"Maybe it's because I don't like you," snarled Leo.

"Ouch, that really hurt ya know," Ken said in a dramatic tone holding his heart. Once they finally landed, they took a bus to the Aokigahara Forest trail. The trail which would lead them to the Lotus Woods. They got off the bus and looked into the trail. The trees were large and shaded the area very well, making it quite darker than it seemed.

"Okay let's go," said Leo as he started walking, then Ken grabbed his arm to stop him.

"Um do we really have to go in there? This place is really um..."

"Don't tell me you're scared?? We haven't even gotten to our destination and you're backing out?" Leo scoffed.

"Pfft. I'm not scared I just...don't like all the bugs that are in there. I mean look at all those trees!! That place is definitely crawling with creepy species of bugs," said Ken.

"Such a big baby. Come on," Leo said rolling his eyes and yanking his arm away from Ken. He trudded into the forest with a steady pace. Ken hurried to catch up with him. The forest was large and humid. There were sounds of animals and hums of insects in every direction. Ken swatted rapidly as mosquitos were everywhere.

"Do you know where you're going?" asked Ken. Leo looked down at his map, ignoring Ken a followed the directions it gave. "Heeellloooo??" Ken said due to a non responding Leo.

"Just shut up and follow me," Leo huffed.

It didn't take very long for them to reach the Lotus Woods. They could tell from all of the different color lotus flowers. They both took out their cameras and began snapping photos of the lotuses. Leo took out a pen and pad of paper and began to write.

June 23rd 2:00pm

Arrived in the Lotus Woods in search of fellow reporter Hongbin.

We will now begin to search for clues of his disappearance as well as others.

"So how far do you think people have gotten before they disappear?" asked Ken, interupting Leo's thoughts.

"I'm not sure," Leo replied. When they first entered the woods, it was just as hot as it was when they were on the forest trail, but the further they traveled, the colder it got.

4:00pm

The temperature has been ominously dropping the further we go in.

Still no trace of Hongbin or any others.

"Hey Leo," called Ken. Leo ignored him as his eyes remained on his notepad.

Starting to notice the clouds hovering overhead.

When we first entered, the sky was blue and cloudless.

"Leo!!" Ken called again. Leo still ignoring him as he concentrates on his writing.

The clouds could be the cause of dropping temperature

"Hey Leo!!!!!!!!!!!!" Ken shouted for the third time, causing Leo to snap his pen in two. He felt Ken's hand on his shoulder.

"Damn it what!?!?!" he yelled. Ken ran past him...but wait...he could still feel his hand on his shoulder...a cold hand..

Leo quickly turned around to see what was on his shoulder, but there was nothing there.

"I can see fog up ahead! It's just like the rumors!" shouted Ken as he pointed ahead of them. He turned around and noticed Leo was still looking behind him. "Leo? What is it?" he asked. Leo, still shaken by the situation decided to brush it off. He turned back to Ken.

"I-It's nothing. Come on, let's keep moving," he said. Ken followed behing Leo, snapping pictures left and right. The air grew colder and heavier and the sky only got darker. Leo pulled out a flashlight from his knapsack and turned it on so they could see better. "You're gonna waste all your film if you keep taking useless pictures," said Leo.

"You're right. I'll save my pictures for the ghosts," Ken said with a smirk. Leo rolled his eyes.

"I already told you there's no---" Just then, they heard a faint laugh. A laugh of a little girl, it seemed. It echoed around them, but remained distant. Ken's smirk turned into a complete horrified expression as he latched onto Leo, holding onto him.

"D-Did you hear that?" he asked quivering. Leo gulped.

"Maybe it was someone playing in the woods. People come here to play games obviously. Nothing to be afraid of," he said trying to calm Ken down, and himself. Ken's grip remained tight on Leo as they heard a voice.

"Why..." the faint whisper said as it was close to Ken and Leo's ears as if someone was standing right next to them. Ken jumped out of his skin and screamed really loud.

"Shhhh!!!!!" Leo said grabbing Ken by his arms and placing a finger over his lips.

"Are you trying to tell me you didn't hear that??? Stop trying to be logical Leo!! There's no one there!!!!" Ken shouted. Leo sighed.

"Okay I have no idea what that was but I refuse to believe it's ghosts." Just then, Leo's flashlight shined on a piece of paper on the ground, covered in dirt. He picked it up and brushed it off as he began to read it.

Ayame's Notes:

Mommy and Daddy left me alone again...I'm always alone. 

Why don't they ever want to spend time with me?

Do they hate me?

Why?

Why...

Ken looked at Leo with a frightened expression. "Who's Ayame?" he asked. Leo looked back at Ken flabergasted, as he had no idea what to think of the note he had just found.

"I-I don't know..maybe it's a little girl who got lost in the woods. She's probably still here and is just looking for her parents," said Leo. Ken didn't look too convinced, but he didn't comment.

"Hey, come on don't be scared. Everything's gonna be fine alright?" Leo said trying to calm Ken down as he knew the younger was afraid. They climbed to their feet and continued to walk further into the Lotus Woods. Little did they know, this was just the beginning of the nightmares which would become reality.